Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 123

Quote Originally Posted by Xyrox
    Deidara's last jutsu sure is something.. looks like it can blow whole Konoha to pieces.
    Well considering he used a bomb on the Hidden Sand village that would have destroyed it if Gara hadn't stopped it, it's not to surprising.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by depthcharge
    Deidara has always been a long range fighter. Just god damn weak as a melee fighter. Practically sucks with his tajitsu. It would be likely that even Lee can break his neck and KO him.
    Err...wasn't Deidera the man who single-handedly evaded the entire Team Gai without his arms?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Deidara has always been a long range fighter. Just god damn weak as a melee fighter. Practically sucks with his tajitsu. It would be likely that even Lee can break his neck and KO him.
    Deidara avoided Sasuke a couple of times already in this fight. While he was fast enough to react to Sasuke’s first move Tobi wasn’t, also, Deidara was distracted by Tobi later and still managed to react when he was being attacked from behind, at least we can say he has good reflexes.

I am trying to put across that, in hand to hand combat(tajijutsu) Deidara has yet to show us in all these battles he is capable of inflicting damage with his hand on an opponent's ass directly.

Probably can say the same about everyone who uses a weapon. Melee!! is the most badass IMHO.

(Deidara on the other hand seems to have something hidden, could be a bara bara skill like Buggy?)

(I do think that eventually Lee will be faster the Sasuke. After all the possible upgrades and the world comes to an end.)

I am trying to put across that, in hand to hand combat(tajijutsu) Deidara has yet to show us in all these battles he is capable of inflicting damage with his hand on an opponent's ass directly.
    I agree with you that Deidera hasn't shown he can hurt anyone with a kick or a punch yet. Maybe he can break a nose, maybe he couldn't. Who knows, but we were mainly reacting to this:

From that, we inferred you to mean if he gets into close combat, he'd go down. You focused on attack strength, while I looked at evasion skills, because that's what we've seen.

Lee could break his neck, just like any other person's neck (except maybe Kakuzu's Iron Skin technique), if he could get hold of it..

In training for close combat encounters, it makes much more sense for him to focus on evasion skills rather than hand combat skills, because the latter has no use whatsoever for his main attack: bombing, while evasion can aid him in dodging projectiles as well as fists.

It really makes no sense for a bomber to train for CQC instead of focusing on gaining and maintaining distance. Unlike our protagonist, he can't facepalm the foe with a nuke and hope to survive.

Does he suck at melee? Probably. Can you KO him in melee? If you can hit him.

This is where those shurikens came from.

Good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZie
    This is where those shurikens came from.
    Good one, Lazie!

The animation for this episode was great. I especially liked when Sasuke was fighting the clay puppets. That was amusing. I like how the animators use no shadows and have just clean toons. His sharingan looks different too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chancellor
    I like how the animators use no shadows and have just clean toons.
    You think it's awesome when the animators half-ass things?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    His entire post is filled with sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    His entire post is filled with sarcasm.
    OH! I get it!

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chancellor
    I like how the animators use no shadows and have just clean toons.
    seems like I watched the wrong episode? huh?
    or just a different version... maybe the "shadows included-version"?

there were shadows, but faces didn't have much of them, usually just from hair. the shape of their face didn't seem to cause any shadows, making them look really flat.

Quote Originally Posted by redcat
    there were shadows, but faces didn't have much of them, usually just from hair. the shape of their face didn't seem to cause any shadows, making them look really flat.
    I like this animation. They keep hiring these people and they should keep it that way. I don't which animation house does the animation now, but it looks great. It's simple and quick and the lack of detail makes it unique imho. The hidan kakuzu fight is when I most recently remember this style. That's when I started getting back into the anime.

Does anyone know the production house that does this animation?

Edit:
    Or maybe once and while they use this animation as a treat for us.
    Last edited by The Chancellor; Tue, 08-25-2009 at 06:35 PM.

Okay, so you weren't sarcastic. I gave you too much credit there.

God no, I really thought he was being sarcastic
    The animation was just awful...

Just like the Naruto vs Sasuke fight at the statues (the end of the chase sasuke arc)
    That was horrible...
    Hakke Rokujūyon Shō!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    You think it's good when thins are slow chunky and don't go with a true ninjas fighting speed? It's a style. And a damn good one. It's quick, clean and it keeps up with the fighting sound. That speed can't be done well with the old style. And besides this isn't like it's the first time we've seen this. So if it's back people have to like it.

at least he has fluid animation. i guess he has time for it since he doesnt waste time on shadows

I see what he's saying. He's talking about the animation in fights like Hidan vs. Kakuzu, Naruto vs. Sasuke 2, etc. where the image quality drops to shit, but it makes up for it with incredible animation.

And I agree, those are the best looking fights.

But this fight was NOT one of those fights. It has the same art style as those fights, but NONE of the amazing animation from those fights. It's like they wanted to make you think it was that animator doing this fight, but then it's a fake-out, because there wasn't the fluid motion.