Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Piece Chapter 554

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    There is absolutely no proof of that.
    Because there's another gateway to the new world? The only other argument you can have against that is the amount of pirates gathering this time for the marines to see a need to send Sentoromaru and Kizaru over there. Other than that you got nothing. And why wouldn't the marines send them every time? That place is a haven that's right next to the HQ, and every strong pirate has to stop there on their way to getting to the new world. Furthermore I don't think that back in the day it was easier to get through there, have Rayleigh coat your ship and be on your merry way with no marines trying to stop you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    I love that Moria gets to fight Oars II.
    Only thing though...most of his strength came from his (now nonexistent) zombie army.
    And even then his strength was pretty pathetic compared to the rest of the shichibukai

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    No way. The Zombie Army was way stronger than Baroque Works, for example. And Moria's shadow powers are strong. Moria's problem is discipline.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

Blog Entries
    I always thought that the only thing Moria was good for was running away

Quote Originally Posted by The Chancellor
    Because there's another gateway to the new world? The only other argument you can have against that is the amount of pirates gathering this time for the marines to see a need to send Sentoromaru and Kizaru over there. Other than that you got nothing. And why wouldn't the marines send them every time? That place is a haven that's right next to the HQ, and every strong pirate has to stop there on their way to getting to the new world. Furthermore I don't think that back in the day it was easier to get through there, have Rayleigh coat your ship and be on your merry way with no marines trying to stop you.
    You're a fucking retard, that's the whole point of having your ship coated to go through Merman island. So that they won't have to deal with the Marines. If the Marines bothered sending Admirals to the Archipelago every time, then they would simply have the entire area under lock down. Do you really think every single one of those Pirate Captains that are aiding Whitebeard could take on an Admiral?

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    You're a fucking retard, that's the whole point of having your ship coated to go through Merman island. So that they won't have to deal with the Marines. If the Marines bothered sending Admirals to the Archipelago every time, then they would simply have the entire area under lock down. Do you really think every single one of those Pirate Captains that are aiding Whitebeard could take on an Admiral?
    Am I now? So what they have factories where mass coatings for tons of ships going on? One ship and crew at a time. Which means unless there's one crew at a time there (which I fucking doubt) then other crews have to wait. And yes I think Rayleigh is the only one who coats on the archipelago. And he's old so it takes forever just for one crew. He's still probably not done with the SH's ship. Which means unless they hide from an admiral, they're toast. And yes I do think (not everyone but most) of those captains can take down or fight an admiral.

Even though we've seen it now that Marco is insanely powerful. I don't think WB has 90% or even half of the power of the new world under his control like so many people seem to think he does. These captains made a name for themselves in the new world. Not the first half like a bunch of pussies but more dangerous second half. I'm sure they can fight an admiral toe to toe.

Am I now? So what they have factories where mass coatings for tons of ships going on? One ship and crew at a time. Which means unless there's one crew at a time there (which I fucking doubt) then other crews have to wait. And yes I think Rayleigh is the only one who coats on the archipelago.
    We already know Rayleigh isn't the only coater. Hachi said himself that there are other coaters on the island, but he only wanted to find Rayleigh cause he trusted that he wouldn't mess it up and capsize the ship. How do you think the other supernovas got their ships coated if Rayleigh's been missing, anyway?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Am I now?
    Yes, you are.

And yes I think Rayleigh is the only one who coats on the archipelago.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/504/02/

How could he have his ship being coated while Rayleigh was in prison? I thought so. It doesn't have to be mass manufactured, but there is certainly more than one coater.

Even though we've seen it now that Marco is insanely powerful. I don't think WB has 90% or even half of the power of the new world under his control like so many people seem to think he does. These captains made a name for themselves in the new world. Not the first half like a bunch of pussies but more dangerous second half. I'm sure they can fight an admiral toe to toe.
    This is a completely baseless conjecture. Im not even going to bother.

Edit: Damn Assertn, you beat me to it.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    For the second time, the only reason the straw hats had to fight an admiral, sentoumaru and the kuma bots was because luffy and ussop hit a tenryuubito, so no, the pirates in the NW probably didn`t had to go through the same ordeal our guys went through.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

About Moria:
    In theory, couldn't he one-hit kill anybody right here by severing their shadow? The sun is out. Of course, I don't think it's plausible that Oda would do that to any significant character.

About getting to the New World:
    The Strawhats experience at the archipelago was definitely abnormal. The only reason why an admiral was dispatched to Shabondy was because he was summoned by a world noble. Sentomaru and the Kuma clones were part of his landing force and are not a regular presence. I would expect marine interference to be around or a bit stronger than what we saw at the auction house if the government was not busy dealing with Whitebeard.

As Carnage and Assertn have stated, Rayleigh is most definitely not the only coating mechanic on the archipelago.

About the strength of New World pirates:
    I think it's safe to assume that the other three emperors have crews and allies comparable to but weaker than Whitebeard's army. However, it would be a huge leap of faith to think that most New World pirate crews can match an admiral's strength. The only people we've seen an admiral fail to one-shot are Rayleigh, Whitebeard, and Marco.

Moria is a Shichibukai, so even without his zombie army, he probably has other tricks and powers that he could use to be a threat. Didn't Moria used to rival one of the Yonkou, before he started building his Zombie army, anyway? I mean, he was still defeated by (I think) Kaidou, but being said to rival a Yonkou must mean he isn't a pushover.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentenal
    Moria is a Shichibukai, so even without his zombie army, he probably has other tricks and powers that he could use to be a threat. Didn't Moria used to rival one of the Yonkou, before he started building his Zombie army, anyway? I mean, he was still defeated by (I think) Kaidou, but being said to rival a Yonkou must mean he isn't a pushover.
    From memory he was never said to of rivaled a Yonkou just that he fought with and was totally defeated by one. I'm also of the oppinon that Moria is relativley weak when compared to the other Schichibukai without his Zombie army.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Augury
    About Moria:
    In theory, couldn't he one-hit kill anybody right here by severing their shadow? The sun is out. Of course, I don't think it's plausible that Oda would do that to any significant character.
    He doesn't have his scissors right now, therefore he's even more useless

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    He doesn't have his scissors right now, therefore he's even more useless
    I'm sure he's hiding them somewhere. He pulled them out during his and Oz's fight against the strawhats.

....or maybe he can force Inazuma to help him
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07