Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 231

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Woot. Thanks, really looking forward to this new arc after the interesting 1 eps.

Things are moving smoothly along. It was well paced. This is shaping up to be really well written. I didn't like how they managed to "seal away" the head commander and we didn't get to see his swords spirit. Makes sense though. He's been with it for so long there's no way he'll go with the others so easily.

Byakuya going missing is a nice mini filler twist. If anytime for Kubo to pull it off, now would be. It was by his former weapon, with his former main attack. It was nicely done in my opinion.
    Last edited by The Chancellor; Tue, 08-04-2009 at 10:55 PM.

While I think I'll enjoy this filler quite a lot if this level of quality remains, I still can't shake the feeling the premise is pretty strange. The zanpakutous are made far too strong. Forgetting individuals like Kenpachi and possible Byakuya with his magic spells, I find it hard to believe the shinigami relying more on their swords would in fact be the minor characters and the blades the main players. Although if these incarnates never display powers above shikai, it just might make sense. The incarnates using shunpo look like a pure plot device, though. There's no reason for a sword to have a skill only relevant to shinigami.

All things considered, I have high hopes the plot is quite deep and sufficiently complicated to offer explanations even to things that now look like errors.

Other than that, I'm glad we will probably see more of old man Zangetsu. The conversations between Ichigo and Zangetsu are always so funny with Ichigo barely understanding half of what Zangetsu is saying, no matter how simple words and concepts poor Zangetsu patiently tries to use.

However, if Kenpachi makes no appearance due to the supposed incompatibility with the story, I'll be majorly pissed off.

Maybe, just maybe Kenpachi will finally meet his zanpakutou in person. Fight it and found that he is more powerful then the zanpakutou and go melee from then on. Throwing away his sword. LOL.

As for the shunpo, yeah, Rukia's ZPT is kind of OP to just use shunpo. After all, if you didnt have a pair of legs all those time... its kind of impossible to suddenly jump a mile high when u grew them? Then again they were hiding for like what couple of weeks?

One thing is for sure, they cant use kidou. *however its not confirmed. they do have reiatsu.

If their goal is to rule over shinigami, I doubt they will kill them. Rather they are going to train low rank shinigami without a "proper" zanpakutou to discover/draw out stronger zanpakutou armies.

I wonder how arrancars are going to like it when they too have a rebellious zanpakutou?

When the zanpakutou boss(whats his name) anyway released the 7th captain's zanpakutou, he did some kind of "wind" aoe release. Getting also Byakuya and the Freak captain's zpt. At the same time, we get the old man Zangetsu saying he heard a voice, !!! they have intra-dimension communication like the macross frontier bugs.

So the level of power is as follow.

1. sword *Kenpachi's only lvl. lol.
    2. shikai
    3.?
    4. bankai
    5. Vaizard release.
    6. True form releasehysical body formation release.

I understand that Zaraki's sword has always been in shikai, I believe he said so in his fight with Ichigo.. Because it was too powerfull to be condensed into a normal sword.
    Maybe I'm slow, and you've already seen it.. but at the beginning of the episode, with the Zanpakutou explanation, the sword we see is Tensa Zangetsu, you can see it at the hilt.

It's nice to see that Ryuujin Jakka didn't agree to help them.. otherwise it would have been Game Over for the whole lot

2 Episodes of filler and I'm still excited over it.. I like it

Blog Entries
    Yes, i'd estimate that the power levels in this filler will be a bit messed up ( Ichigo is going bankai in the next episode already ), but i'm prepared to look the other way since it's a filler and a pretty good one at that

As for shumpo, if the shinigami were able to use their swords abilities wouldn't it make sense for it to work the other way around too? Their power comes both from their own bodies and from their swords too after all.

And yes, if they take Zaraki out of the picture with this out in a mission business i'll be ranting nonstop

The less I see of those bloody filler dolls the better...
    Respect the joindate, not the postcount ;P

Clearly what the shinigami need is some Bount reinforcements.

Hmm, this gives me the illusion that the beginning will be great and the ending will be... some lame explanation of why the Soul Slayers started to revolt. Still, this was a good episode.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadouku
    Still, this was a good episode.
    Yes it was. I don't think it'll be lame but I do think it will be confusing to many people. What I want to know is why those three soul slayers spirits were used to trap the general captain away. Don't get me wrong the captains who have them are really strong, but I'm curious as to why they weer sent by Muramasa instead of some other ones. And he said reiatsu was used to trap him. So clearly they have a really strong reiatsu or something, I'm just curious why them though?

One top of that, they must be really strong or something to be able to seal away the strongest shinigami ever. Plus there's a lot going on for only the second episode. So far we have:

- a good half of the forces immobilized
    - Numerous people are getting thrown into the mix from the past and real world (Yoruichi, Urahara)
    - the 12 division captain (Kurotsuchi?) is already doing research on the subject
    - Ukitake is forming a plan and becoming the head of it
    - Soifon and the 2nd division are already looking (and trying to wrangle I assume) the spirits
    - and Byakuya is missing

For all of that to happen in only two episodes, is pretty damn good writing in my opinion. In fact, this could be the best bleach, or any filler or even episode writing I've seen in a while. Very good stuff.
    Last edited by The Chancellor; Wed, 08-05-2009 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chancellor
    What I want to know is why those three soul slayers spirits were used to trap the general captain away. Don't get me wrong the captains who have them are really strong, but I'm curious as to why they weer sent by Muramasa instead of some other ones. And he said reiatsu was used to trap him. So clearly they have a really strong reiatsu or something, I'm just curious why them though?
    I would wager that it has a lot to do with the fact that those three zanpakutou have been shown the least in the series. We have no idea what Kyouraku or Ukitake's zanpakuto can do and all we've seen from Unohana's is the healing monster thing. Filler can't really expand on stuff that hasn't been revealed. That being said, those three are also (seemingly) the oldest captains other than Yamamoto. If we assume that Shinigami (and thus zanpakuto) get more and more powerful with time then those three are probably the most powerful zanpakuto around. For sealing someone as badass as the Captain-Commander I think it makes sense that Muramasa would have to use the best to pull it off.

warned for spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    I would wager that it has a lot to do with the fact that those three zanpakutou have been shown the least in the series. We have no idea what Kyouraku or Ukitake's zanpakuto can do and all we've seen from Unohana's is the healing monster thing. Filler can't really expand on stuff that hasn't been revealed. That being said, those three are also (seemingly) the oldest captains other than Yamamoto. If we assume that Shinigami (and thus zanpakuto) get more and more powerful with time then those three are probably the most powerful zanpakuto around. For sealing someone as badass as the Captain-Commander I think it makes sense that Muramasa would have to use the best to pull it off.
    If you're saying that it'd be a good to show what those spirits can do, then I agree with you. If you're saying it's a bad idea, then I disagree.

I want to see what all of them can do, but mostly just Kyorakus. We just saw someone posting manga spoilers in the anime section... (-admin). So seeing their swords spirits at work would be something special. Especially in their raw pure power form.
    Last edited by complich8; Wed, 08-05-2009 at 06:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadouku
    Hmm, this gives me the illusion that the beginning will be great and the ending will be... some lame explanation of why the Soul Slayers started to revolt. Still, this was a good episode.
    I'm having flashbacks about a pseudo-jinchuriki ...

They damn well better put some Zaraki in this filler arc at some point or my nerd rage will boil over!

What the hell kind of mission is he on anyway -.-

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

At the end of this arc, all shinigami will have to deal with the fact that their alter ego betrayed them and went with this Muramasa dude.

How big a betrayal is that? For some like Renji, it would be a big wake up call, improve ur damn kidou. But for Bykuya, he is just as cool as ever.

Like I mention before, Kenpachi would be the coolest of all to just throw away his sword and fight melee thereafter.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by depthcharge
    At the end of this arc, all shinigami will have to deal with the fact that their alter ego betrayed them and went with this Muramasa dude.

How big a betrayal is that? For some like Renji, it would be a big wake up call, improve ur damn kidou. But for Bykuya, he is just as cool as ever.
    At the end of this arc, they'll resume the Ichigo vs Ulqiora fight and this will never be spoken of again...

Either way the shinigami would just blame themselves for their own weakness or some other lame reason

Damn, somehow it felt like... damn more of the lame stuff.

just joking. Never seen anyone bash the original story.

Jounin
    I'm wondering why it took them 20 minutes for Ichigo to decide to go to SS...

Rukia explained everything...

YET! He decides to go when Rukia goes missing, again. :/

Same pattern...

I'm starting to think they'll mess this arc up...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Skill
    I'm wondering why it took them 20 minutes for Ichigo to decide to go to SS...

Rukia explained everything...

YET! He decides to go when Rukia goes missing, again. :/
    Yeah, following usual shounen mannerism he should have headed over there immediately. I'm pleased he didn't and instead decided to wait until Yoruichi and Urahara can come up with some answers. But now with Rukia disappearing he obviously doesn't have such a luxury anymore.

The one making a mistake here is Rukia, not Ichigo.