Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episodes 119 & 120

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I still can't shake the feeling that these episodes felt rushed. Maybe it's because I knew the Sharingan reveal was coming, and the manga did a better job of building up to it, but it seemed like Obito went from not having Sharingan to having Sharingan in about 15 seconds, without any proper motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by arondruiz
    Nah, the directors name is Masahiko Murata. There's a difference between the "animation directors" and "key animators", Norio mainly does key animation. To put it simply, I believe the Director draws the first and last frame of the animation, and the key animators try to copy his style while animating it.

Norio actually hasn't done very much at all for Shippuuden. He has only animated this part so far out of the entire show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh2bxxCI-BE
    Why do I get the feeling I've just watched the only worthwhile animated fight in Shippuden so far? I was actually only guessing if you were referring to Matsumoto since I haven't seen basically any of it. What happens in the other episodes you were referring to? Are they as well done as Matsumoto's scenes?

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    I still can't shake the feeling that these episodes felt rushed. Maybe it's because I knew the Sharingan reveal was coming, and the manga did a better job of building up to it, but it seemed like Obito went from not having Sharingan to having Sharingan in about 15 seconds, without any proper motivation.
    dude i completely agree with you. I definitely felt like they were rushed. maybe 3 chapters is too much for 1 episode.. maybe 2 is all they should do.

user posted image

What happens in the other episodes you were referring to? Are they as well done as Matsumoto's scenes?
    I can't say that they're as good as Norio, they are just beautifully animated episodes overall that stick out like a sore thumb from the rest of the series. It's pretty easy to spot the extremely high budget episodes. 26, 35, 42, 55, 82, 85 - If you look at any of those and compare them to other episodes you'll notice the gigantic gap in quality instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandadice
    dude i completely agree with you. I definitely felt like they were rushed. maybe 3 chapters is too much for 1 episode.. maybe 2 is all they should do.
    i gotta disagree, with all the filler crap we had to sit through, i hope they keep this pacing or something very close...

.................................................. sig made by KitKat ..................................................

In a extreme situation, powers come free. Have you not learned anything from DBZ?
    It's the same for Sasuke right? He suddenly had the sharingan during the Haku fight, when in grave danger or powerful emotions, hidden powers are released.

The only thing I find a bit weird, is that Obito still had the sharingan in his eyes when he was as good as dead. Sasuke had troubles holding his sharingan when he was tired...
    But that's just a minor "mistake".
    Hakke Rokujūyon Shō!

I dunno. Sasuke's sharingan awakening was still a huge build up. this was just like obito turns around, gets it, next scene. it's not the way he got it, like in the story sense, more the pacing and revealing of it I guess.

well, Sasuke has trouble holding it when he's exhausted cause he's out of chakra. but Obito got crushed, so he could of still had tons of chakra he could use, just the inability to use it for anything other than keep his sharingan going...

user posted image

Quote Originally Posted by Pandadice
    I dunno. Sasuke's sharingan awakening was still a huge build up. this was just like obito turns around, gets it, next scene. it's not the way he got it, like in the story sense, more the pacing and revealing of it I guess.
    Yeah, this is what I meant.

This time it just felt like they slapped the Sharingan on Obito for the sake of it. They are in trouble, Obito suddenly decides it's time to have a Sharingan, he deals with the problem, then they move along as if nothing happened. It all happened so fast and without mention, it just felt tacked-on storywise. A convenient plot twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Neg Rep
    Really, that's not something to complain about after all the crap we've been getting on naruto
    Yeah, I know and acknowledged this. It's just something I noticed after not having seen a Shippuden episode in a long time. I'm not used to the story going at a snail's pace, so this episode felt very rushed to me.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

The Sharingan's power has always included the ability to see Chakra flow. This is mentioned basically every time someone has used the Sharingan.
    This is the first time I've heard it mentioned.

Originally, the normal Sharingan has always been described as allowing the user to see every minute detail. You mentioned they say it lets them copy their movements, and chakra flow, but what they said was it lets them copy their movements and hand seals.

Then once their third comma appears in their eye, the sharingan lets them see their opponents moves before they happen.

And then Mangekyo Sharingan apparently does different shit every time someone uses it.

Basically, Sharingan is just a macguffin that does whatever Kishi needs it to do at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    This is the first time I've heard it mentioned.
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...3/page007.html

That's the only one I can remember right now, but I'm certain it was mentioned a few more times, at least offhandedly. At the very least it was mentioned again in this episode.

You mentioned they say it lets them copy their movements, and chakra flow, but what they said was it lets them copy their movements and hand seals.
    Oh, well that's just my interpretation. I figure the Sharingan's "clarity of perception" is what allows the user to perfectly analyze enemy movements and copy them, and the ability to analyze chakra flow is what lets them see how the chakra should form. That's what's needed to perform any jutsu, after all.

Basically, Sharingan is just a macguffin that does whatever Kishi needs it to do at the moment.
    Oh, undoubtedly.
    Last edited by XanBcoo; Mon, 08-03-2009 at 01:19 PM.

Uh Xan, that link is a spoiler.
    Last edited by XanBcoo; Mon, 08-03-2009 at 01:49 PM.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Sorry, I thought that had already happened in Shippuden. Removed.
    Last edited by XanBcoo; Mon, 08-03-2009 at 01:49 PM.

Re-read/watch the bit where Lee opens the gates during the exam. Kakashi uses the sharingan to read his chakra flow.
    Respect the joindate, not the postcount ;P

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arondruiz
    Nah, the directors name is Masahiko Murata. There's a difference between the "animation directors" and "key animators", Norio mainly does key animation. To put it simply, I believe the Director draws the first and last frame of the animation, and the key animators try to copy his style while animating it.
    Key Animators draw "key frames", which are the starting and ending points of motion. He gives the key frames to his assistants to fill in. The director doesn't "do" production art so much as tell the animators what he wants. The art director basically does detailed story boarding.

Naruto, Kenshin, HxH... amazing, all of them
    Yeah, he can do some really good work when the money for a high frame rate is there. A lot of the stuff in that YouTube video looks jittery.
    Last edited by poopdeville; Mon, 08-03-2009 at 03:23 PM.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

Since this thread kind of derailed to talking about animation, I thought i would mention that ep 123 is being done by the same people who worked on episodes 82 and 85. So you can pretty much expect a legendary episode in 2 weeks.

yes!! the guy who did 82 and 85 is back !!

mm.. now to try and recall what point in the story they're gonna be at in a couple weeks...

user posted image