Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Piece Chapter 551

Shanks is already busy with his own battle. He's fighting one of the Yonkou that was trying to stop Whitebeard from attacking the WG.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    Shanks is already busy with his own battle. He's fighting one of the Yonkou that was trying to stop Whitebeard from attacking the WG.
    Yes. He's fighting Kaidow. Although, how long can the battle be? It depends on how we look at it. If we see it as a distraction for WB to get away, then he's probably still fighting him even though WB already bailed. However if we see it as a friend helping out a friend (aka, Shanks helping WB) then he's probably still making sure he's staying where he is, and most likely a crazy battle by now. There's also a third way to look at it. If Kaidow came to attack WB and stop him, and WB has so many ships to spare, then he probably left some behind in the new world to help Shanks hold him off as a thank you. And, there are 14 division captains there with him now at marine ford. Wb's total crew has 16. Which means that he must have left two behind for shanks or something.

Another thing to consider is that Kaidow is a yonkou so he's been around the new world and grand line for years now exploring and building a crew up to become a yonkou. So I'm thinking (and once again just a thought) that he knew about Aces true bloodline and wanted to stop it from getting any further and stop Ace from becoming the PK. So he tried to stop WB's crew from going to protect Ace and stop the execution. That way he lets the government to the dirty work for him and he can stay in the NW looking for new places and progressing without having to worry about Ace.

The impression I got was that Kaidou didn't want the balance of powers to topple out of the Yonkou's favor as a result of the war.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

The impression I got was that Kaidou didn't want the balance of powers to topple out of the Yonkou's favor as a result of the war.
    How is that different from what I said?

Quote Originally Posted by The Chancellor
    How is that different from what I said?
    Its different in that its in no way related.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by The Chancellor
    And, there are 14 division captains there with him now at marine ford. Wb's total crew has 16. Which means that he must have left two behind for shanks or something.
    14 with WB at the marine place.
    1 dead (killed by Black Beard)
    1 Ace.

I can't see Shanks coming, but who knows.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Blog Entries
    Either way, both sides are sure to be met with heavy casualties

How doesn't that work in favor of the other Yankous?

Some volumes ago, Shanks and Whitebeard where going to fight or something right? What happened there? Also, I wonder if the reason that Shanks and Whitebeard might be at odds is because Whitebeard is trying to make Ace Pirate King, while Shaks is protecting Luffy's interest.

Well, also Shanks was part of Roger's crew, so the animosity might come from there. I wonder what Shanks thinks of Ace and him being part of Whitebeard's crew.

With the latest revelations about Ace, I think Shanks wanted to stop THIS from happening. He knew that Blackbeard was someone that Ace would not be able to capture/defeat, and that the result would be this. That's why before their fight, Shanks mentioned to Blackbeard about his 3 scars, and how he had received them before Blackbeard even had a devils fruit. It was obviously Shanks talking up Blackbeard's fighting ability.

The scar on Shank's eye. Unfortunately it wasnt deep enough, otherwise we can install a hook on his left arm plus an eye patch on his left eye. Then he would really look like a pirate.

Unlike the Crocodile who make believe that he lost a hand... and wore a hook over it.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    That was a mistake by Oda (or his assistants). He fixed it in the volumes.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/File:Croco2.jpg
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

Hmm, I remember seeing it in anime that the hook crack or something when he fought Luffy.

Or he released it to do some sinister move.

Dont remember exactly which episode. Maybe ill go back and search around.

Either way, if I was the goverment, I would not allow Crocodile-chan to keep his hook when I send him to the brick.

Edited: Anyway, I still have probably the highest respect for Shanks and his crew. Cool yet terrifying powerful.