Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Chapter 550

Blog Entries

One Piece Chapter 550

Binktopia

Download | Download 2 | Online Viewing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oda... I love you
    Last edited by Archangel; Thu, 07-16-2009 at 10:21 AM.

...Seriously, 20 months?

Never did consider the possibility of brothers though.

EDIT: Okay, initial reaction aside, there's an awful lot of static double page spreads this chapter. The pacing felt abnormally slow for One Piece, but it was nice to see all those characters that haven't been around for a while (I liked that Smoker + Tashigi and Hina are there). After the chapter jumped to Luffy & co. after the sequence of spreads I got the feeling that all of the Impel Down crew would be totally screwed if they showed up first / alone.

I thought about Dragon / Roger a bit more - Luffy and Ace definitely aren't brothers now, and they may not be blood-related at all if Garp isn't a grandfather for both of them. Otherwise Roger could have been Luffy's uncle.
    Last edited by Augury; Thu, 07-16-2009 at 05:04 AM.

hmmm... so Luffy and Ace aren't blood brothers. I was felt weird about that relationship since Ace came out of the blue years ago, but they look strikingly similar. I wonder if there is blood relation at all such as Roger and Dragon are brothers. However, considering the fact that they would attempt the kill Roger's child, and even the man that built his ship; It's not hard to believe that they would execute his father as well. Perhaps there really is no relation.

Wow, so Ace is the one related to Roger, not Luffy. Only in One Piece would something like this happen.

So Luffy and Ace aren't even half brothers. No wonder Dragon isn't going crazy about the situation.

Both skill are 'D'. In this world... it ain't that farfetched that Gol D Roger and Monkey D Dragon are related or something. Maybe Gol D Roger is Monkey D Garp's brother or something like that.

Why would Rouge ask Garp to take care of Ace then?

Ah whatever. Im alucinating here. But hey... is a child can be kept inside a womb 20 months... why not?

First time we've seen Akainu, although we didn't clearly see face... and nobody mentions it?

Sengoku needs a good kick soon.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Marshal D. Teach? Jaguar D. Saul?
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quite an exciting setup in this chapter. Feels like Oda just laid out a gauntlet for Whitebeard to pass through next week. My first thoughts was that Ace and Luffy have no relation after all, however I do like the idea of Roger and Dragon being brothers. The reason for Garp being spared from execution is simple: he hasn't yet been executed for being Dragon's father either. We've already seen Sengoku giving Garp shit about his family in the past, and even threatening his life. I'm sure he's still too valuable as an asset to the marines.

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    First time we've seen Akainu, although we didn't clearly see face... and nobody mentions it?
    Second time. Akainu was shown in Nico Robin's flashback of her home town's destruction before.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries
    Has there been any indication of this in the past? Anyone want to read a couple of old chapters to find out?

And by the way, since when do they have Tvs on the One Piece World?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    Has there been any indication of this in the past? Anyone want to read a couple of old chapters to find out?
    ...in response to what?

And by the way, since when do they have Tvs on the One Piece World?
    There were tvs in the monitoring rooms of Impel Down

Also, I find it interesting that Ace's execution seems to be more hyped up than even Roger's execution. Roger's execution didn't seem even 1/3 as secured...they didn't even use Marineford!

Edit: Another thing I liked was how Ace's backstory makes his execution all the more significant. When his capture was first announced, I never thought of it as much of a big deal except for as an opportunity to draw out Whitebeard. I honestly didn't know why the marines wanted to execute him so badly, while other powerhouses like crocodile just sat in a cell.
    Last edited by Assertn; Thu, 07-16-2009 at 11:11 AM.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I am going to throw something crazy out there, even though I do not necessarily believe it. Maybe the Gold Roger that was captured may not have been the real one, and maybe the real one hid underground as Monkey D Dragon. I mean, who would know more about the world than its truth than him? I would not put it past the marines to pull a fast one on people just to prove their point (Gold Roger died). I know it is a bad theory, since many people saw it, and like I said, I do not necessarily think this is the case. Just food for thought (after considering that whole making Ace's execution super important).

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    Also, I find it interesting that Ace's execution seems to be more hyped up than even Roger's execution. Roger's execution didn't seem even 1/3 as secured...they didn't even use Marineford!
    If i recall correctly, it was revealed Roger either let himself get caught or willingly went to marine HQ to be executed.

If he was going to die by his own will the marines probably neglected the idea that he might try to escape. Another posibility is that since it was the begining of the series Oda didn`t really thought about how strong the marines (or Roger for that matter) were and Roger`s original role was to give pirates a reason of excistence OR maybe they did had tons of defense but they were outside the island on it`s surrounding, also note Roger didn`t had a huge ass legend trying to save him
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

I honestly didn't know why the marines wanted to execute him so badly, while other powerhouses like crocodile just sat in a cell.
    I still don't know why. People think just because the pirate king was his dad that some 20 year old punk with a logia will rise up and want (or be able to) follow his dads footsteps? Highly unlikely.

Oh and OMG x 100! We finaly see the last admiral! Finally!

Second time. Akainu was shown in Nico Robin's flashback of her home town's destruction before.
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/397/12/

10/4/04 - 8/20/07

He's (Sengoku) probably revealing this information now to throw water on this great age of pirates. Roger tricked the marines when he turned himself in, and that public execution wound up making things a lot worse for them. I think that doing this to Ace, the son of Gol D Roger, who gave everyone the courage to go out to sea and oppose the marines and the World Government, is meant to reverse that. To make people more afraid. However this is probably another event that will blow up in their faces, if Ace gets rescued. If that happens, other pirates will grow even bigger balls and be even more ambitious!

I can't wait to see the Strawhat crew together again though. It seems like a good time now. I wouldn't be surprised if Jimbei mentioning that wind would have made their travel faster was a bit of foreshadowing. If the crew meets up before Marineford, Nami should be able to do something like that based on where she went for a power-up.

Because as far as we know, noone was out to save Roger, he handed himself in. This time, the Marines KNOW Whitebeard will be all up in their shit.

Im laying $10 on Buggy actually pulling off a fluke and killing Whitebeard.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage
    Because as far as we know, noone was out to save Roger, he handed himself in. This time, the Marines KNOW Whitebeard will be all up in their shit.

Im laying $10 on Buggy actually pulling off a fluke and killing Whitebeard.
    Yes they will but it seems like the marines are prepard for literally anything that comes their way. This isn't going to pretty to watch in the next few chapters. Fun, oh yes, but not pretty. They have Ace personally guarded in the back by the admirals and in the very front along with 50 marine ships and are the shichibukai looking out at whoever is ready to show up. This is a strong formation ready for battle.

Edit: although we know that Oda will probably bust out a way for Luffy and Jimbei to get the gates open and get to his brother. Or WB is going to show up and send a top ship (most likely Marcos first division ship) in or something to save him and get the fight started.

My bet: they'll probably be a massive chunk of marine fodder taken out by some decent haki users, while the strong ones are left to fight it out. Should be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by FireEmblem
    I can't wait to see the Strawhat crew together again though. It seems like a good time now. I wouldn't be surprised if Jimbei mentioning that wind would have made their travel faster was a bit of foreshadowing. If the crew meets up before Marineford, Nami should be able to do something like that based on where she went for a power-up.
    I don't think there's any chance of the Strawhats reuniting before their cover stories finish. My guess is they'll come back together sometime after this arc finishes.

Considering all the hoops Luffy had to go through to get this far, I doubt any of the others will make it in time. Besides, aren't some of them completely out of the grand line right now?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I can still hope =(!

Oh, hey...
    I found another interesting thing:

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/301/16/
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07