Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

How dare Mirai make Yuuki cry! She sure is lucky to have such a good younger brother. Funny that he's the more mature one at times.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not losing interest. Sure I guess some think it's just a disaster simulation or something, but I find it does things well enough to warrant and hold at least my interest.

Aw crap. The scene with Tokyo Tower was bloody fantastic.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    The Tokyo Tower falling definitely kept my interest at least.

This is just one of those shows that I sit back and let everything unfold. It's certainly more relaxing than some other shows, but by no means boring to me.

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    How dare Mirai make Yuuki cry! She sure is lucky to have such a good younger brother. Funny that he's the more mature one at times.
    How dare she indeed, though I'm kind of happy it we got to see them break down crying. It was time for some of that, since without it they'd seem a bit too level-headed for being kids.

Yuuki's definitely the one acting more maturely. Kudos to him trying to start some normal conversation to ease the atmosphere, but that just rubbed Mirai the wrong way. You'd think he'd know his sister a bit better to know how she reacts to what though. The fact that he's trying to be "nice", but not knowing exactly how shows he's still a kid after all.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    whoa, okay, if anything was lacking from the last episode it was definitely made up for in this one. this episode was amazing! D:

i loved how it started with like anything and everything happening to mirai being negative. like the line for the bathroom, and having to use a paper toilet, and being out of ramen, and dropping her food, and getting ramen dropped on her, and getting her foot stepped on, but then they see the corpses being loaded up and it's like daaang. that was such a powerful moment..

doesn't Mari's cell phone work? why don't they just ask to use hers and try to call their parents?

user posted image

Quote Originally Posted by Pandadice

i loved how it started with like anything and everything happening to mirai being negative. like the line for the bathroom, and having to use a paper toilet, and being out of ramen, and dropping her food, and getting ramen dropped on her, and getting her foot stepped on, but then they see the corpses being loaded up and it's like daaang. that was such a powerful moment..
    She was about to split when the couple stepped on her foot, but swallowed it after seeing the corpse cart.

It really drove the point home that your life might be shit right now, but at least you're alive.

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 ED Single - Melody [Tsuji Shion]

I'm beginning to wonder if Mari really has a child of her own. You'd think she would be in a bit more hurry if she had, despite having promised to take care of the main character kids. It's not like she couldn't have travelled faster with them.

I never walked, surprise surprise, through any catastrophe areas when I was a kid, but still my gut feeling is that I disagree with what Yuki said some time ago, that the kids seem too unaffected by it. That feeling was reinforced by this episode, where Mirai suddenly became very affected by it the moment it was someone she knows and then the old man who helped them despite having gone through such a cruel fate.

If you have a pressing aim of your own (getting back home), seeing bodies of naturally died total strangers under such circumstances doesn't probably have a huge emotional impact. It only reminds you of the fact you might be the next one to die. Some people might break there, like that one crying girl in this episode (though we don't know her circumstances - she might have witnessed her family/friends die in front of her for all we know), the rest will just try to stay alive twice as much.

It should only change when you feel like you personally lost something already.

Maybe, her own child died before the earthquake. She is only remembering her child.

I gotta agree that the angst from the girl is very very annoying. I wish she could be turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by depthcharge
    Maybe, her own child died before the earthquake. She is only remembering her child.
    yeah, this is what i was thinking too.

user posted image

It'd be a pretty sad ending when the kids get back to their parents (now all remorseful and swearing to be better parents) and Mari returns alone to her empty home and to the altar of her dead child...

6.9 quake in Tokyo. Rather about 3hundred km deep

6.9 quake in Tokyo. Rather about 3hundred km deep
    Someone texted me that as soon as I woke up. The USGS measured the quake at magnitude 7.1, while the Japan Meteorological Agency put it at 6.9.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...EQUmQD99VC5G00

whoa, to think that the difference of 0.3 killed 4.6k people. thats ridiculous

user posted image

She has some serious issues then, since she was buying a cake for her child's birthday.

Or maybe not. I'm just not accustomed to buying food for dead people.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    She has some serious issues then, since she was buying a cake for her child's birthday.

Or maybe not. I'm just not accustomed to buying food for dead people.
    well, i could definitely understand someone buying a cake in remembrance of their child's birthday, and then eating the cake alone or something. i can see someone doing that.

user posted image

Shaken and stirred:

Episode 6 - BSS

- - - - - -

Edit: This explained a couple of things. If Mari's mom is looking after Hina, then it's more likely she wouldn't abandon the kids just to get to her own child faster. Yet this episode showed she really is worried. Let's hope her sickness is nothing much, though... It would suck if she died before the end.

Hina's dad must have died in some motorbike accident, seeing how they were racing when they were younger.
    Last edited by Kraco; Sat, 08-15-2009 at 10:41 AM.

You'd think native Japanese would know to duck under tables, door frames or any sort of supporting structure when indoors during an earthquake, but somehow it doesn't apply when it comes to aftershocks.

Mari was quite the spunky youth.

Oh, such a dramatic ending. I wonder what's wrong with Yuuki.

Kento was a funny dude: Risking his life to save a robot that's designed to reduce the need to unnecessarily risk human lives... Quite believable, though, considering how young he was in the end and how big a robot nerd.