Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

-
    Quote Originally Posted by ann
    The premise of the story is the 70% or higher possibility that a magnitude 7.0 earthquake will occur in Tokyo in the next 30 years. The story depicts what would happen if a 8.0 earthquake tooks place.

The story will center on Mirai, a middle school freshman girl who goes to Tokyo's artificial Odaiba Island for a robot exhibition with her brother Yutaka at the start of summer vacation. A powerful tremor emanates from an ocean trench, the famed Tokyo Tower and Rainbow Bridge crumble and fall, and the landscape of Tokyo changes in an instant. With the help of a motorcycle delivery woman named Mari who they meet on Odaiba, Mirai and Yutaka strive to head back to their Setagaya home in western Tokyo.
    this is definitely my most anticipated series of the summer.

episode 1 is out by [BSS]

[BSS]​_Tokyo​_Magnitude​_8.0​_-​_01​_[CE7DB547].mkv
    Last edited by Pandadice; Fri, 07-10-2009 at 02:04 AM.

user posted image

Solid 1st episode. They did a very convincing job of teenager angst.

Very convincing indeed. It was almost getting annoying already, but fortunately the earthquake stopped it just in time. I doubt she will now have time for any angst for a little while. Though who knows what happens after she has found her brother and found out her parents' fate. If nothing else, at least she should have learned to be careful with what she wishes for...

The earthquake was also quite nicely depicted. Although it's not like I'd have ever witnessed one.

Yet another excellent series. Whats with this season? I'm lovin it. =D

Opening is awesome in my book.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

It was oddly ordinary, yet very compelling too for some reason. Probably due to Yuuki's optimistic, happy and eager to please attitude.

Also, this series looks to be strong with a big focus on sibling bonds. Looking forward to it, it's rather unique. :>

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    The art style and the voices aren't entirely to my tastes, but this show does seem pretty realistic.

When they showed the girl refusing the item after someone else took it, I was thinking "that's so me". Got to love all that teenage pride.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I wasn't dissapointed. It was bloody fantastic. Too bad the earthquake was cut at half to bring the cliffhanger... oh well.

Hmm..I wonder is this is the only "what if?" anime out there. I'd be interested if there were others.
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    It was oddly ordinary, yet very compelling too for some reason. Probably due to Yuuki's optimistic, happy and eager to please attitude.

Also, this series looks to be strong with a big focus on sibling bonds. Looking forward to it, it's rather unique. :>
    yeah, I definitely got that feeling too. I loved how like, realistic and ordinary the family was. it did such a good job of displaying this stagnant, boring, apathetic, selfish lifestyle.

man! that episode was just as fantastic as I was expecting it to be. I really like the artwork and voices.

easily my favorite show of the summer.

user posted image

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifus
    Opening is awesome in my book.
    The opening art was brilliant and the episode was pretty exciting, even though we knew the earthquake was coming. Can't wait to see how things go for the brother. Maybe he's squashed like a pancake in the toilet. Also interesting how they mention the robots, that seem so familiar, and how they can traverse difficult terrain: exactly what they are going to need to clean up this mess of a city.

This is the show to watch this season.

Really, great first episode. And i love the artstyle. Somehow reminded me a BIT of Noein.

Do we know already what genre this show is? The "i wished the workd would be destroyed" and then everything starts made it seem "Eden of East"-ish, aka fantasy. But the rest seemed very realistic. I´d like both, just interested.

it's a "realistic"-"what if?" scenario genre.. that's what I'm saying.

yeah, I can definitely see the Noein in the art. especially in the mom.. I thought that character seemed super familiar, and it's definitely from the chick's mom in Noein.

Noein mom - mother in TM 8.0

and I have to agree that the OP was awesome. I liked how it was just like concept art, but it was still so good. I'd like to see more anime use this approach.

user posted image

I just downloaded thism and the damn thing is skipping like crazy. I've got all the latest mkv stuff installed, and all the latest ffdshow stuff, but it's still skipping. VLC skips the video; zoom player and media classic skip the audio. How frustrating.
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

Nothing skipping for me. I downloaded it because of you guys talking about it and boy you were right! Excellent episode! Is this a series that is coming out? Was this just a teaser first episode? Are there going to be more released?!! AAAAHH!H!!

Is this a series that is coming out? Was this just a teaser first episode? Are there going to be more released?!! AAAAHH!H!!
    yeah, it's a series that's coming out, airing on TV weekly. expect weekly (or close to) episode releases.

user posted image

Wow, first anime I've seen in a while, and first in a while that I plan to keep watching.

It was getting really annoying with the teenage angst thing, but that's because I'm older and forgot how life was at that age, though I was more optimistic and wide-eyed at that age than this girl seems to be. Of course, I didn't grow up in Japan as a teenager either.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

I see that Anbu-Frostii have teamed up for this series. I am trying out their version to see what its like. Their encode is around 349 MB.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Good episode. Enjoyed the realism of the fallout from the disaster.

awman, that episode was so good.

user posted image