Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manga: Ao no Exorcist

Manga: Ao no Exorcist

Recent series I just started reading. Typical shounen series at the moment, but it seems to me that it'll get better. First couple of chapters have a couple of good twists, and some of the character interaction is good and there should be an abundance of interesting characters.

For those that enjoy D.Gray-Man should enjoy this also. Worth the try at the moment.

Only 4 chapters are out at the moment, but the chapters are quite long anywhere from 30-70 pages each.

You can get the chapers here:
    http://mangashare.com/manga/Ao-no-Exorcist

This world consists of two dimensions joined as one, like a mirror. The first is the world in which the humans live, Assiah. The other is the world of demons, Gehenna. Ordinarily, travel between the two, and indeed any kind of contact between the two, is impossible. However the demons can pass over into this world by possessing anything that exists within it. Satan is the god of demons, but there's one thing that he doesn't have and that's a container in the human world that is powerful enough to hold him!! For that purpose, he created Rin, his son from a human woman, but will his son agree to his plans, or will he become something else...? An exorcist?

that site doesn't have the first two chapters.

I hope it's a good one.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

See if you can get them here:
    http://mangahelpers.com/m/ao-no-exorcist

I think you'll like it.

SUPER EDIT: forget what I said before.

I'm enjoying this greatly.
    Last edited by Death BOO Z; Mon, 07-06-2009 at 05:43 PM.

Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    SUPER EDIT: forget what I said before.

I'm enjoying this greatly.
    Didn't read what you had before, so nice that you're enjoying it. You read up to chapter 4?

I'm sure that this chapter had loads of important information and foreshadowing, but I found it rather boring.

we aren't far enough in the series to go and focus on the 'cute girl finding true courage and deus ex healing powers' angle yet. heck, we hadn't seen nothing yet.

and on top of that, why didn't our hero try a summoning spell (or why didn't we see his brother avoiding making him try it)?

I agree with you with the boring part, at least the parts about friendship. I enjoyed the explanations of the different types of exorcists and the summoning part, though as you say the missed a good opportunity to have Rin trying to do it.

The other side of it, if the "cute girl" character that currently pretty much sucks becomes a bit better as a consequence of her new powers, I'm all for this boring chapter early.

Now I wonder about the demon that attacked the girls and Rin and what his purposed was.

I'm enjoying the series. The class system is interesting I guess, and the interactions between the brothers are pretty good. Hopefully it won't be marred by crazy power-ups like D-Gray Man.

Here's chapter 6:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P82GDGXF

It's a long chapter, and the theme of the day is: "teamwork".

It looks like the manga is trying to act like an anime, ever since the 3rd chapter (introducing the small girl), and then (Rival episode 1), with a side helping of (finding courage through friendship) and now teamwork.

sure, it's fun and all. but seriously, get on with the son of satan kicking ass.

good point: they treat incantation like serious matter (cough, bleach), taking a shitload of time (despite that you could probably set a portable speaker in your clothes and hook up a audio bible book to it). I remember hearing once that a 'common' dark ages 'fight off the devil in the woods' practice was to chant a 24 word sentence 24 times. freaky.

still, Aria are wizards, Tamers are summoners, Doctors are potion\machine users, Knights are sword swinging, and Dragoons are archery units, what category is the spear guy?

and what the hell they get a six months vacation from school? aren't they in a rush to kill some demon lords? (or in light of recent chapters, in rush to get enough trainning to survive this school of horrors, which seems more dangerous than the glorious days of Hogworths?)

Here are chapters 7 and 8:
    http://jacgroup.zetsuboushita.net/do...20Ch%20007.zip
    http://jacgroup.zetsuboushita.net/do...20Ch%20008.zip

Download all releases here:
    http://jacgroup.zetsuboushita.net/downloads/

Lot's of hidden agendas all around, it all feels like an obvious attempt at misdirection to the reader. I doubt they are they bad guys they're being painted out to be.

chapter 10 is out...
    the monthly release isn't good for this... we need an opening arc.

Monthly releases + slow scanlations... yeah, we need something that resembles a "big arc" of sorts.

Here's 11:
    http://jacgroup.zetsuboushita.net/do...20Ch%20011.zip

Boring chapter until the end, we'll see how he gets out of his current jam.
    Last edited by Munsu; Fri, 06-25-2010 at 10:21 AM.

Here are 12 and 13:
    http://jacgroup.zetsuboushita.net/do...20Ch%20012.zip
    http://jacgroup.zetsuboushita.net/do...20Ch%20013.zip

Spoilers:

Well Rin decided to reveal himself to everyone, we'll see where it goes from here. I'm glad they did it this soon instead of keeping it a secret for a long time.

can I say what I think about the tail being the weak point?

anyway, I seriously can't remember who all the teachers are, the school is fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    can I say what I think about the tail being the weak point?

anyway, I seriously can't remember who all the teachers are, the school is fucked up.
    I only remember the one that was summoning demons and the brother. Then there's the principal dude with his brother that is currently fighting Rin? Then we got the swords chick who is currently their teacher... other than that I don't remember anyone else. Doesn't help that it's a monthly manga.

But sure, go ahead and tell us what you think about the tail being a weak point... does it have something to do with Goku? But whatever, tails have always been weak points for animals... for the most part.

I wouldn't say so.
    Lizards can cut off their own tails to escape troubles. even most mammals can go about after having their tails cut (dogs, cats). the same thing with large apes (humans).
    the only animals that NEED the tails are squirrels and small rodents and monkeys.
    unless what's his name (RIN?) starts flying and leaping through trees, he shouldn't have his weakness concentrated in the tails.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z View Post
    I wouldn't say so.
    Lizards can cut off their own tails to escape troubles. even most mammals can go about after having their tails cut (dogs, cats). the same thing with large apes (humans).
    the only animals that NEED the tails are squirrels and small rodents and monkeys.
    unless what's his name (RIN?) starts flying and leaping through trees, he shouldn't have his weakness concentrated in the tails.
    Step on a dog or cats tail and let me know how they feel about it. The tails, for the most part, particularly in mammals, are very sensitive.

sensitive? yes.
    but not essential. other than a small lose of balance (for a short term of time at first, and in the long run, only for high speeds), the loss of the tail doesn't really bother mammals.

so, Rin should cut have his tail cut? where did I see this before?