Thread: Last season's top 3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan and Hinamatsuri both get spots for comedy this season. Coincidentally, both are slice of life involving superpowers and quite a bit of deadpan humour.

The third spot I'll actually give to Megalo Box, mainly because it kept me fairly engaged from week to week with some nice fights. The art was kind of garbage though.

Any of Shokugeki no Souma, Hero Academia or Darling in the Franxxx would have been strong contenders though. The first two were strong showings. I have no qualms about the finale of Souma since it's a continuation anyway. It's just more of the same.

Hero Academia could have fleshed the final boss out a bit before the series concluded. His appearance and subsequent fight then resolution didn't feel as satisfying as it could have if his story and origin was done in depth. Like... in a flashback.

I almost dropped Darling due to it being a Trigger show. I was actually very happy it was toned down. Some abstract scenes reminded me of SHAFT. The generic finale was crap, but the beginning and middle parts were somewhat thought provoking and interesting.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Tue, 07-10-2018 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Hero academia still going apparently

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~