Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Canaan

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    okay, so about those subs i posted.. they're not the best. in any sense. the grammar in it is just awful, seriously needs someone to fix the grammar. some times it was almost incomprehensible.. But I really liked the liberties the dude took with it. like, when it shows the red stuff on her hand he has a TL note and he's like "lol it kinda looks like cum". and it's just like "dude? did you just put that in your fansub?" thats awesome.. and when the little girl comes, the dudes like "lolicon alert!".

but as for the episode..

well, I definitely enjoyed it. it's always disappointing when you get interested in a series about gangs, but then you watch it and it's got all this "hyper-sense" stuff, and it's like they don't think modern-day gangs in china are an interesting enough story. they've gotta add in all this paranormal stuff.. I say that, but it wasn't all that bad, it was a good ep. just.. a little disappointing i guess.

user posted image

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I have no doubt the studio could have made something about modern chinese gangs. It's just that that's not all this show's about. The initial setting has a gang fight (if you want to call them gangs), but that's not to say it's the focus of the show.

If anything, it looks more like a terrorist organisation is involved rather than a gang, as well as an organisation researching artificially enhanced humans.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

[one more step in Ryllharu catching up]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandadice
    but then you watch it and it's got all this "hyper-sense" stuff, and it's like they don't think modern-day gangs in china are an interesting enough story. they've gotta add in all this paranormal stuff.. I say that, but it wasn't all that bad, it was a good ep. just.. a little disappointing i guess.
    I thought the synesthesia was a good way of adding a little realism to the world that Type-Moon typically operates in. Canaan has Mystic Eyes just like so many of the other Type-Moon characters do ([Rider], Shiki, Shiki/SHIKI). There is just finally a reason for her to have them that roots itself in reality.

I'm a little bit more curious why a seemingly innocent camera-girl (who doesn't actually take photos for her reporter) is involved so deeply with someone so hated by the Chinese underground.

I also smirked at how he was using a "Ganon" camera body despite the main character having a homophone of the actually brand for a name .

[gg]​_CANAAN​_-​_02​_[9D948DC4].mkv

If there is one thing I truly hate from GG is their damn tendency to leave commercials.

A great episode nevertheless.

Heh what's up with that crazy taxi driver just getting himself involved for no reason, funny stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Oniken
    Heh what's up with that crazy taxi driver just getting himself involved for no reason, funny stuff
    Totally. I came to the conclusion that taxi drivers in Shanghai must be paid a fortune for their runs.

Can one really get precognition from using multiple senses at the same time? Ah well, the action was swish, so I'll overlook that.

I thought the whole meat bun thing was brilliant.

With a voice actor like that, the taxi driver had no choice but to be a crazy asskicker...

The precognition was a bit out there for sure, but no more so than the old geezer's unlimited ammo.

This surely continues to be a fast-paced series. Fortunately the factions are getting just a little bit clearer, even if their aims don't yet.

I didn't take it as precognition so much as excellent reflexes (which we've seen from her acrobatics) combined with her synesthesia. She was dodging most of the bullets, but she was mostly smacking aside the ones that would have hit her, while narrowly avoiding the rest. I would not be surprised if Canaan's synesthesia let her see the brush of the air and the sound of the ones that might hit her. It is more of an extreme situational awareness than precognition. She saw the wires, turned off her mystic eyes, and that was the end of it.

Personally, I found Maria to be more remarkable than Canaan in her own way. Maria remembered the idol's song word for word after only hearing it once. The girl wasn't a major idol that would be on most radio stations either. The taxi driver mentioned she was only starting out but had a lot of potential. She's bold enough to jump out in the street, she's survived a life threatening disease, makes friends with anyone instantly, and she "repairs" stuffed toys by putting red yarn in the holes.

Alphard (Maaya Sakamoto!) was a pleasant surprise too. While the Rie Tanaka 'sister' was bloodthirsty for revenge, Alphard calmly ignored the Canaan situation and made sure that she got her house back into order. I'm sure she'll go after her when the time is right, but it proved she's smart enough to hold back her rage until the time is right, or the opportunity is too good to pass up.

Haha, I liked the beginning, meat bun, and taxi scenes. They were very well done. Looks like different factions are shown, but most of them are under the same roof it seems.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

I watched [Shameless-subs] again. mm have to say i didn't enjoy this second episode as much as the first one. maybe that'd attributed to the subs.. I'll definitely be getting gg next episode.

this show is reminding me a lot of Viper's Creed. just when i was watching this second episode, i kept being reminded of vipers creed.

user posted image

user posted image

A friendship untested by hardship cannot be an amazing friendship, can it? Somehow I saw this coming from miles away, but then again considering the level of violence in the city and Canaan's profession, only a blind man wouldn't have foreseen it.

Other than that I'd like to visit that nightclub. I'm sure I wouldn't even be thrown out.

Yea, I would like to visit that club, too.

So, the boy wanted to prove to Maria that Canaan would kill him regardless of what Maria said to stop her? I wonder if there's another catch that I'm missing.

The boy wanted to hurt Canaan in a way that even blowing Maria to tiny bits wouldn't accomplish, and he won. All revenge for his brother. Nothing would hurt her more than making her one and only, first ever friend be afraid of her. Maria wasn't afraid of Canaan and all her guns when they first met, but she is afraid of her now. Maybe Maria doesn't totally mean it, but subconsciously, there's no way she can't be disgusted with Canaan right now.

Speaking of the boy and his brother, I wasn't paying attention and suddenly this series turned into Speed Grapher?

I loved the scene with Canaan at the window, just like a cat. (Or rather so much like KnK's Shiki.)

So...Mamiko Noto is paid just to make mouth opening noises, licking finger noises, and breathing noises? And here I thought she had it easy by always getting to play the same emotionless characters, now she's got it made.

GG re-encodes without the annoying commercials GG usually leaves in.

I hope they make episode 1 too...

[DmonHiro] CANAAN 02 (720p).​mkv
    [DmonHiro] CANAAN 03 (720p).​mkv

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    The boy wanted to hurt Canaan in a way that even blowing Maria to tiny bits wouldn't accomplish, and he won. All revenge for his brother. Nothing would hurt her more than making her one and only, first ever friend be afraid of her. Maria wasn't afraid of Canaan and all her guns when they first met, but she is afraid of her now. Maybe Maria doesn't totally mean it, but subconsciously, there's no way she can't be disgusted with Canaan right now.
    I see, so psychologically damaging Maria would hurt Canaan's friendship with her, and in a way that Canaan would be deeply affected (probably with her performance). I wonder if there are more people affected by the virus's mutation and working under the same organization?

It still didn't make sense why Canaan couldn't sense flexi-boy. Does that guy not breath, produce body heat or odour?

I think it's the pill that he swallowed around 8:50 that might have something to do with masking his whereabouts. Other than that, I can't think of anything else but the part where he said "Correct, we're already broken".

Canaan OP Single - mind as Judgment [Faylan]

[Nipponsei] Canaan OP Single - mind as Judgment [Faylan].zip

This has got to be one of my my favourite OP/ED this season, and a good one overall too. I'm really like Abingdon Boys School's stuff in general, but their OP for Tokyo Mag 8's just isn't as upbeat as this one.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Wed, 07-22-2009 at 03:23 AM.

It might also have something to do with the fact Canaan didn't really know the guy. He never left the car, for example, during the chase. So, Canaan couldn't discern his smell (and whatever other things she sees).