Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Chapter 549

One Piece Chapter 549

Binktopia - MediaFire - SendSpace - Online Viewing

No chapter next week
    Last edited by Marik; Thu, 07-02-2009 at 08:34 AM.

Seriously? Franky is at Vegapunk's old home? The guy is going to get some awesome (yet discarded) technology then o_O

LOL at Buggy's 'revelation'. Although I loled more at what the others thought of him. Specially Mr3's "how can he be such a coward" and Jimbei's "every ship has its disgrace"

So Shinryuu becomes a BlackBeard pirate... but I guess that after this war they will betray the Goverment.

What intrigures me the most is... what was Jimbei thinking involving Arlong and Luffy? If he say 'let go' it makes me think he may want to avenge him in the future? A possibility... but probably Hatchan will return and convince Jimbei from not doing so... so many possibilities.

No chapter next week? TT____TT

At first I was wondering why someone who would free so many slaves would want to avenge a punk like Arlong but then I remembered that Jimbei probably has no idea how Arlong was acting and just thinks of him as a lost nakama.

My initial thought was that Jimbei wanted to apologize about Arlong...since Arlong kinda defected from Jimbei's crew to do horrible things, but now wasn't the time to talk about that.

Its amusing how so many people with conflicting goals are on the same ship right now. They either want Whitebeard to lose or want him to win, but its ok as long as they want some sort of involvement in the war.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I found it funny how the government is treating Buggy the way they should be regarding Blackbeard. It's like another level of incompetence.

It looks like Luffy already has Shanks' straw hat in Ace's flashback. I was always under the impression that Ace had already left Luffy's home island by the time the story started.

actually, it was said that Ace was stronger than luffy even after luffy got his gum fruit, and before ace got the flame ability.

so naturally, Ace left after luffy got Shanks's hat.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    I was right about Blackbeard wanting Shiryuu, and wrong about him staying dead. Win some, lose some. :-)
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

Hilarious that BB was seriously going to die right then and there. Its kind of refreshing that the main villain has similar traits to the main hero. I still think he is in Impel Down for reasons other than Shiryuu, though.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    I still think he is in Impel Down for reasons other than Shiryuu, though.
    More recruiting?

HAHA, I like that Ivankov's head wouldn't fit through the door here.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/549/04/

This was a really good chapter. Lots of plot development. Buggy is taking his shot at becoming PK too. We might see him grow a spine soon, which could maybe make him Straw Hat material.

I don't really understand why the Marines gave Luffy and the others their intel on the crew.

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    Seriously? Franky is at Vegapunk's old home? The guy is going to get some awesome (yet discarded) technology then o_O

Jimbei's "every ship has its disgrace"
    Buggy was Roger's Ussop. Heh.

Also, Franky is will probably get a big upgrade. Robin met the revolutionary army. Sanji became a tranny. I think Kuma is clearly on the side of the revolutionary army. I bet he was a slave, like what's her name and Jimbei.
    Last edited by poopdeville; Thu, 07-02-2009 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    What intrigures me the most is... what was Jimbei thinking involving Arlong and Luffy? If he say 'let go' it makes me think he may want to avenge him in the future? A possibility... but probably Hatchan will return and convince Jimbei from not doing so... so many possibilities.
    Avenge who? I hope you mean Luffy because Jimbei knows that Arlong was a douche to his crew and Nami. And the man loves Luffy and his brother right now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chancellor
    More recruiting?
    Blackbeard met Shiryuu on the first floor. Why did he continue all the way down to the 4th floor just so he could get poisoned? Besides, as Ivankov said, Shiryuu is one of WG's hazards that was kept under wraps in the lesser-known level 6, I don't think BB would know of him.

Not sure what he really has planned, though.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by The Chancellor
    Avenge who? I hope you mean Luffy because Jimbei knows that Arlong was a douche to his crew and Nami. And the man loves Luffy and his brother right now.
    Jimbei clearly thought that he owed much to Luffy... then he had a flashback of Arlong and thought of forgetting about it for now. Why would he think that if he didn't want to get some kind of revenge because of Arlong? Heck... they are probably related and Jimbei really ignores what Arlong did to Nami's island.

Quote Originally Posted by poopdeville
    HAHA, I like that Ivankov's head wouldn't fit through the door here.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/549/04/

This was a really good chapter. Lots of plot development. Buggy is taking his shot at becoming PK too. We might see him grow a spine soon, which could maybe make him Straw Hat material.

I don't really understand why the Marines gave Luffy and the others their intel on the crew.

Buggy was Roger's Ussop. Heh.

Also, Franky is will probably get a big upgrade. Robin met the revolutionary army. Sanji became a tranny. I think Kuma is clearly on the side of the revolutionary army. I bet he was a slave, like what's her name and Jimbei.
    Well, Ussop is pretty handy at times. He's a competent sniper. I don't think buggy would every become a SH. He's more like captain material (sorry to say).

Franky finding Vegapunk's birthplace is surprisingly exciting. It feels like a lot more of the story will be revealed once all the strawhats reunite.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Well this chapter just foreshadowed Buggy rise to Yonkou. Buggy maybe not strong but he knows how to exploit situation. And each time Buggy falls he rises again stronger then ever.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

Buggy will never be a yonkou. Crocodile alone could wipe out Buggy and his "crew"

Edit: Also...this seems interesting:
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/69/07/

I guess the Arlong pirates didn't defect from Jimbei, but rather were disbanded as a stipulation of Jimbei becoming a schichibukai.
    Last edited by Assertn; Thu, 07-02-2009 at 10:41 PM.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

As far as the cover stories go, I'm more interested in seeing Zoro's and Nami's. I think some of the crew members are getting a pretty straightforward power-up (Franky, Nami, and probably Usopp) but Oda is doing some weird stuff with others. Other than for humor, what does sending Sanji to a transvestite island do for him?

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    Buggy will never be a yonkou. Crocodile alone could wipe out Buggy and his "crew"
    He doesn`t deserve the raise in bounty he`s clearly getting, him becoming yonkou COULD happen.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by Augury
    As far as the cover stories go, I'm more interested in seeing Zoro's and Nami's. I think some of the crew members are getting a pretty straightforward power-up (Franky, Nami, and probably Usopp) but Oda is doing some weird stuff with others. Other than for humor, what does sending Sanji to a transvestite island do for him?
    Okama Kenpo!!