Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Chapter 547

One Piece Chapter 547

Speed scan by Bod Rangzen
    Piteku & Kurozakuro
    Franky House: SS | RS | MU
    Binktopia v2: DD | RS

Pretty epic.
    Last edited by Augury; Thu, 06-18-2009 at 05:22 PM.

indeed, though, we still don't know why black beard is there.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

That might be explained after the arc. I think Oda might just focus on getting to Ace for now.

If Blackbear's actions will cause something epic it will probably be shown on its own chapter, like when he fought Ace. Otherwise, it will probably be a Cover Story.

For they finally made it. Even Iva-chan and Inazuma, who I thought were remaining behind.

Epic.

Still don't know what shiryuu's up to either.
    Lol, the giant Ivankov head is ridiculous.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

If Blackbeard removed his own poison, maybe he's the one that saved Inazuma and Iva?

And wow Magellan is so damn powerful haha!

I bet Blackbeard will be the one who ends up beat Magellen now, unless Magellen pulls a Smoker and begins constantly chasing Luffy.

So Jimbei is like a non-sucky Aquaman...Interesting; and yea, Ivankov's head is just plain absurd. I am not even sure it can fit on a ship.

ANBU Captain
    I...... LOVE...... THIS ......MANGA!! Jimbei can manipulate the seakings?!? That is soo cool. If I remember correctly arlong's gang had a seaking with them but sanji owned it with one kick. Cant wait to see the next chapter. I wonder if this current force will join the revolutionary army.

Those weren't sea kings, they were whale sharks; probably to protect them from the sea kings.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj
    So Jimbei is like a non-sucky Aquaman...Interesting; and yea, Ivankov's head is just plain absurd. I am not even sure it can fit on a ship.
    Of course it can. Didn't Jaguar D. Saul fit on a battleship? He was a giant. Admittedly, it's hard to imagine him having a room to sleep in.
    Last edited by poopdeville; Fri, 06-19-2009 at 12:58 AM.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

Blog Entries
    Why didn't Luffy just use that giant boot to squash Magellan?

And how the hell did the guy managed to shake off Luffy's champion punches just like that???

Looks like he's pretty tough, even without his poison powers

I guess, because he's logia, he just like reforms after the punches. Really, he is uber powerful, but wouldn't you want the warden of the most dangerous prison in the world to be tough? If someone like Wapol or Nami ran it, there would be chaos. Not that I am a proponent of the WG or anything...

I'm pretty sure magellan is a paramecia
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    I'm pretty sure magellan is a paramecia
    Maybe a special king of logia like Blackbeard?

I know it's stretchy but i just refuse to believe that Luffy's attacks at this point would have so little effect on anyone not a logia

Even Blackbeard got hurt ( badly i might add ) by Luffy's attack

Didn't they say Crocodile was a logia? If he is, then Magellan could be. Also, I'm pretty sure Magellan is a logia, since his legs keep disappearing when he uses the poison monsters.

I really don't understand what the difference between them (logia/paramecia) is supposed to be, considering that Luffy's fruit doesn't merely give him the power to stretch, but makes him into a rubber man. That is to say, it didn't give him a power, it changed what he was fundamentally.

This is very much unlike Wapol, Moria, Buggy, Kuma, Robin, Kalifa, Justice Kidd, Trafalgar Law, or Bon~chan. Or that invisible guy on Thriller Bark. Or Das Bones or his female partner (the bar owner with the steel web), Brooke, Alvida. Or Mr. 3. Or the Mafioso captain. Or... damn, that vampire onion looking guy with the Slow-Slow fruit.

Or Blueno, who can make doors on and through anything.
    Or Inazuma, who can cut anything and treat it like a piece of paper.

I think I have listed all the known paramecia users. Is there any other known paramecia fruit which causes the user's body -- in terms of what it is made of -- to change?

Also, the only person (that I remember) who called Luffy a paramecia type was Enel. And he didn't know what rubber was, let alone that somebody could conceivably be made of it...
    Last edited by poopdeville; Fri, 06-19-2009 at 03:35 PM.

Luffy's attack on Magellan during their first fight seemed to be pretty effective on him. The difference this time, however, is that Luffy never went into gear 2nd. All logia users have a passive defense that makes attacks pass through them. BB explicitly stated that he is the exception to this. There has never been an instance where Magellan physically turned himself into poison, and even when he's traveling around, he just uses his poison as a chute to slide across. None of these behaviors point to Magellan being a logia type.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Their passive defense is a product of the fact that their bodies have changed "into" their element. Blackbeard's darkness absorbs everything. Crocodile's sand is just plain old sand, and "explodes off" if he is struck hard. It clumps together if it gets wet. Just plain old sand, under Crocodile's control.

Luffy's rubber is just plain old rubber, and bounces if it is struck. It gets cut by blades, just like plain old rubber. That is to say, Luffy has a form of this passive defense. It just isn't as awesome as Enel's (who basically has no weakness aside from the obvious one, since his element has none/few) and significantly better than Blackbeard's. Someone who was literally made of diamond would have it too, and theirs would presumably be stronger than Luffy's. Someone who was made of glass would have it, but it would be a terrible weakness unless they learned to stay in a liquid state (in which case, they would have the flowing action described)

Don't hate the player, poopdeville, hate the game.

Enel's body is made of lightning, and so regular attacks pass through him. Luffy's body is made of rubber, so blunt attacks don't hurt him. Yet, Luffy is distinctly classified as paramecia and Enel is distinctly classified as logia.

All you can do is accept that this is the way Oda presents his story.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Yea, it does say he is a paramecia; my mistake, but he is damn powerful...except for the diarrhea...