Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Piece Episode 403

off topic-
    Chambers ur my hero mate.

my story -
    i use to like posting here for the brief period it was.
    i stopped posting cause of jerks like *cough cough* HIM over there. Assertn. =.= ( people like you. not you.) and this is a while back so i cant remember.
    then i realised fuck. i dont give a shyt what you say. im here for onepiece and what we all have to say about onepiece. SO BE FUCKING NICE.
    Never know. It may even help the site get more visiters.

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster
    On topic: So... we now have 4 kuma`s in total (including real one), i bet 5 cents the last fight will have a kuma army.
    I don't really know what to think of these Pacifista in that sense. The division between cannon fodder characters and named ones has been quite big so far. Pacifista break that tradition, because they are clearly cannon fodder considering they come in numbers lacking individuality, yet they are more powerful than quite many named characters, even fruit users. If there ever comes a grand battle with lots of them, I'd expect them to fare far more poorly than in these recent fights. Well, unless the plot absolutely requires an annihilation of the opponent.

Of course we haven't actually seen what kind of cards the rebels can slam onto the table. I hardly think they have been sitting on their hands all this time while the World government has been building up and gathering forces.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Pacifista break that tradition, because they are clearly cannon fodder considering they come in numbers lacking individuality, yet they are more powerful than quite many named characters, even fruit users.
    It's possible there won't be alot of them and that they wont be cannon fodder but rather enemies for more minor named characters to overcome in order for the SH to proceed onwards in their journey.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    What`s a cannon fodder? >>

I CAN see a lot fo pacifistas at one point though, Sentoumaru said something about them costing the same as a warship, if the goverment REALLY REALLY want to they`ll have a lot, i don`t see them as pushover either, we know that at least one has Kizaru`s laser, the Straw hats will need a HUGE upgrade to fight this guys.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Blog Entries
    What`s a cannon fodder? >>
    An enemy whose sole purpose is to be owned by a more important character

well the effects of haki also remain to be seen vs somthing like a pacafista. Haki means ambition i think which should effectivley mean its no use against a robot... but then robots have inherent weakness in them, hit it in the right place and it will go boom.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerleon
    off topic-
    Chambers ur my hero mate.

my story -
    i use to like posting here for the brief period it was.
    i stopped posting cause of jerks like *cough cough* HIM over there. Assertn. =.= ( people like you. not you.) and this is a while back so i cant remember.
    then i realised fuck. i dont give a shyt what you say. im here for onepiece and what we all have to say about onepiece. SO BE FUCKING NICE.
    Never know. It may even help the site get more visiters.
    And anime-only viewers stop posting here because of people that incessantly talk about the manga. So if this is you, then feel free to disappear again.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    I don't really know what to think of these Pacifista in that sense. The division between cannon fodder characters and named ones has been quite big so far.
    If it helps, think of the Pacifistas as being named PX-1, PX-4 etc.

On topic: So... we now have 4 kuma`s in total (including real one),
    I'd say it has to be at least 5. Since we've seen PX-4 and PX-1 is with Sentomaru now, and if Kuma was gonna have a number, it'd be 1.

So you figure Law and Kidd are fighting PX-2 or 3, and there's still another one out there.

Quote Originally Posted by chambers
    but then robots have inherent weakness in them, hit it in the right place and it will go boom.
    Er, so do people.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    An enemy whose sole purpose is to be owned by a more important character
    See also: Cornchips.

I think part of being cannon fodder is also not actually being a real character. No name, no unique powers. Like the 500 marines Luffy defeated at Enies Lobby. Those guys were cannon fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    And anime-only viewers stop posting here because of people that incessantly talk about the manga. So if this is you, then feel free to disappear again.
    Enough of that, and that applies to you too, Assertn. Let it rest. If I have to start to deal out early summer vacations, I don't want the first receiver to be an ex-mod...

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    I think part of being cannon fodder is also not actually being a real character. No name, no unique powers. Like the 500 marines Luffy defeated at Enies Lobby. Those guys were cannon fodder.
    One mission of cannon fodder is also to simply make battles and other situations look like they actually have casualties and danger.

Well thats true darth so do people... but how many times in an anime are there people who need a certain way to be hit that start off strong but turn out weak because of the weakness they posses.

You can say things like of enel, as soon as he cant shock somone hes gonna be a pushover right? wrong.

The difference potentially with the pacafistas would be that now the crew know, explosions on the inside hurt... ussop being a sniper and hitting spandam from so far away should find it a piece of cake to launch an explosive inside one of those robots when its mouth is open, thus the arguably weakest member of the SH crew is able to defeat an enemy which previoulsy pushed the ENTIRE crew to the absolute limit. This enemy then becomes cannon fodder and because his weakness is exploitable and repeatable an enemy which was previously strong is now weak.

Its not really the case in shonen when you think of people as you put it. One i can think of might be crocodile with the water cannons but even then there wasnt a possible army of crocodiles and that certainly isnt a possible huge source of power for a major faction.

Also consider than people can evolve to cover weaknesses robots can only do as they are programmed and they cant improve unless by design, which still means that all the currently produced robots are still obsolete.

I don't think that's the case at all. Usopp shot this one in the mouth and all it did is disorient it. It still took full power attacks from Sanji, Zoro and Luffy to put the thing down for good.

As for them not getting stronger, being upgraded with better tech aside, they are cyborgs, not robots. So the men inside them are able to get stronger.

The difference potentially with the pacafistas would be that now the crew know, explosions on the inside hurt... ussop being a sniper and hitting spandam from so far away should find it a piece of cake to launch an explosive inside one of those robots when its mouth is open, thus the arguably weakest member of the SH crew is able to defeat an enemy which previoulsy pushed the ENTIRE crew to the absolute limit. This enemy then becomes cannon fodder and because his weakness is exploitable and repeatable an enemy which was previously strong is now weak.
    I'm pretty sure an explosive going off inside of a normal person would hurt too. That's hardly a weakness exclusive to robots/cyborgs.

but a normal person doesnt open his mouth 1 square foot wide before conmmencing his strongest attack