Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Chapter 449

Naruto Chapter 449

Last edited by Marik; Fri, 05-29-2009 at 12:33 AM.

Not the way I expect things to end at first, but it wasn't so bad.
    I did really expect Pain to do this... to free all the souls he took. Though I wonder how he managed Kakashi... since his soul wasn't taken. A nail-hole on the forehead is kinda hard to recover...

Oh well. Seems we are back to Uchiha-land.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Abandon all hope ye who read these pages.

It's over. Any chance this manga had of being more than a mildly entertaining story to follow is gone. There is no coming back from what's just been done. At the very least, we know Kishimoto is fully capable of writing a compelling story if he so chooses. I'll take what solace I can find in that.

edit: Late as it is, tired as I am, my heart just sunk at the chapter and I had to post this.

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    I did really expect Pain to do this... to free all the souls he took. Though I wonder how he managed Kakashi... since his soul wasn't taken. A nail-hole on the forehead is kinda hard to recover...
    Kakashi used the MS to teleport the nail into another dimension. He died from chakra exhaustion remember?

Not a bad way to un-do all the deaths, not really want I wanted to see happen, but what are you going to do? I am curious what Sasuke is going to do once he sees Konoha destroyed.

assertnfailure (7:40:03 PM): dude....your posts are a bunch of nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell

Nothing is mentioned about souls he took. Its power over life and death period. He's just expending what is left in his body to bring back everyone who died since he invaded Konoha.

It makes sense at least. Someone who only knew feelings of hate and revenge towards his enemies all his life... when met with someone like Naruto, who just forgave him in a matter of minutes. He overcame all his overwhelming emotions of revenge, of retribution for ALL THREE of his masters. Makes perfect sense why Pain changed his mind, after seeing someone do the same.

oh yeah and KAKASHI'S STILL ALIVE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I don't exactly get what happened. Did Nagato blow up into paper or something? And now, I guess, the Rinnegan has a life of its own. It's passed on, and the next person to have it should have all the powers of the previous Rinnegan users...or something. Naruto has a new g/f now, I suppose. Hinata is more well endowed, but it's hard to tell with that cloak, and she seems like she would be freakier than Hinata, though. What will Naruto choose?

As much as I liked Shizune..... I wanted the dead to stay dead. Except for Kakashi, but I never believed him to be dead anyway.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Quote Originally Posted by this chapter
    War brings death... and wounds and pain to both sides
    There's nothing harder to accept than the deaths of those you love
    ... so you believe... they could never die

so, he writes that dialog, and sticks it into this plot? how does that work?

and why does Qunan quit the akatsuki? by rules of seniority, she should be the leader, so if she wants, she can disband the giant statue (do they need it right now?) and actually atone for Payne's creepy sins (they were justified for the end cause, but now they're pointless).

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z

and why does Qunan quit the akatsuki? by rules of seniority, she should be the leader, so if she wants, she can disband the giant statue (do they need it right now?) and actually atone for Payne's creepy sins (they were justified for the end cause, but now they're pointless).
    She was just a tool. Just a follower of her friends. Without a reason to be in akatsuki why wouldn't she quit?

And Im guessing she knows Madara wouldn't take a pizza order from her... let alone follow her into battle.

Isn't she atoning for those sins by backing Naruto with the entire Amekagure? Idk how far she'd get on her own.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    Even though they did it again, I think it was a great chapter. (Did it again... meaning they kill off a bunch of people but they're brought back) I thought Sasuke was back here :

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/449/11/

even though it was a gray panel I was thinking that he'd shown up right then, but I guess he's on his way now.

7th Pain better have been the real one...

But I guess he broke the cycle of hatred and war, if someone killed your mother, your father, your sister and your wife, could you let them be? In our society I have seen of it, where someone is murdered and the guilty person will ask for forgiveness and the parents / spouse will give it. Its why we can function and claim to be an advanced society. (in theory) By making Naruto feel Pain and at Pain's level, and then being able to control himself and rationalize and talk of peace, from a position of power (meaning it seemed like he could have killed Pain there if he wanted) Naruto passed a test of sorts and at the same time peace is possible.

I have to say from that perspective, well written arc. But the dead should stay dead. But no one I cared for besides Kakashi died so I'll take it for what its worth.

Well, at least he didn't restore the village. But the massive revival of the dead came pretty close. And I agree: dead should stay dead.

We need new badass villains...

And deaths of good guys...

Basically, Hinata could die as well - it didn't matter at all.

Hell, I was waiting for Jiraiya to come out of Nagato's ass unscathed as a goodbye gift for Naruto, but thank god it didn't happen.

Blog Entries
    GOD FUCKING DAMMIT !!!!!!!!!

... that is all -_-

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Honoko
    Well, at least he didn't restore the village. But the massive revival of the dead came pretty close. And I agree: dead should stay dead.
    HAHAHA... I'm glad I'm not alone here. I mean, you get attached to some of these charactors, especially Kakashi. But just like the Sasuke chase arc... I wanted them all to just die. They fought tough battles, and went out w\ a bang... until you find out they were still alive.

Kakashi is the exception here because I think the consensus is that he didn't really go out with the bang that he deserves to go out with.

and on that note... Kakashi dying by sasuke's hand would make me happy; but at this point I'm not sure what sasuke is going to do when he finds konoha has been turned into rubble.

^ Well since no one is dead you simply rebuild. Everything can go back to the way it was within 6 months to a year, the economy was fine after Orichimaru and people actually died there...and if they are having issues I'm sure Obama can throw them some stimulus money to help them get back on their feet.

I wonder, did Tsunde survive? She used up all her charka and wasn't invovled in the direct fighting, I wonder if that we be the end of her. I read the chapter too early in the morning, wonder if that was on purpose, her omission...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaannnd bullshit.

Ok, so he has control over life and death... Never occurred to him to revive his friend? No? Not at all?
    Respect the joindate, not the postcount ;P

Crappy chapter....

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemane_no_Jutsu
    She was just a tool. Just a follower of her friends. Without a reason to be in akatsuki why wouldn't she quit?

And Im guessing she knows Madara wouldn't take a pizza order from her... let alone follow her into battle.

Isn't she atoning for those sins by backing Naruto with the entire Amekagure? Idk how far she'd get on her own.

tool or not. she's still a co-founder of akatsuki, she at least deserves to take the statue back (doesn't it belong to payne?)
    if she knows about Madare (she probably does, right?) then she can warn naruto of him, and if she doesn't, then she should consider herself the head of akatsuki (what's left of it) and take it upon herself to disband it (though, there's hardly anyone left, only Zetsou and Kisame are still alive from the original members).

the entire amekagure probably amounts to shit. the village was through an on-going civil war, so everyone who might have been strong was killed by either payne or hanzo. not to mention the village was never a big village.

Quote Originally Posted by Uberbaka
    Ok, so he has control over life and death... Never occurred to him to revive his friend? No? Not at all?
    there are a lot of possible arguments, most of them make almost no sense. but that's how it goes. he didn't. it's a big ninja-elephant in the room, so we're all going to walk around it.

what's going to happen with Roots now? Danzou is down there, so sure that everybody is dead, and when he gets out, the village is up and running again. If tsunade will still live, I think she should put him in prison (conspiring to take over the village, fleeing in the face of danger, treason)

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.