Thread: Movie: Up

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar

Movie: Up

Why the hell hasn't anyone made this thread yet? The movie comes out tomorrow!

Pixar's Up:
    By tying thousands of balloon to his home, 78-year-old Carl Fredricksen sets out to fulfill his lifelong dream to see the wilds of South America. Right after lifting off, however, he learns he isn't alone on his journey, since Russell, a wilderness explorer 70 years his junior, has inadvertently become a stowaway on the trip.

Official Site: http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/up/

The trailer is featured on the main page of that site. This movie looks absolutely amazing. I will not miss this like I did Wall-E.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

It looks pretty awesome! I'm totally going to see it.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Just got back from seeing this.

Go see it. Now. Every new movie Pixar makes turns out to be their best ever. This is no different.

You'll be wiping a tear from your eye every 20 minutes with this movie. The story is so good. I loved every character. Russel was an annoying and selfish little shit, but every one of his lines was golden. The dogs were hilarious, everything was hilarious.

I loved Ed Asner as Carl. His voice is one that's been prevalent in my childhood, so that just made the character more endearing to me. They made an excellent casting decision with that one.

I dunno. There were some moments where I couldn't suspend my disbelief, but otherwise this was a pretty fantastic movie. There's so much to like about it.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    I saw this movie on Sunday. it's both a beautiful and powerful film, with great humor too. I absolutely loved it. I'd recommend it to everyone.

user posted image

See it in 3D...its even better
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Do I really have to see it in 3D? I sort of hate 3D.. D:

Monsters vs. Aliens was NOT good in 3D
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Epic movie. Pixar deserves a buck and a million for this one. Absolutly hilarious. xD

Love the bird.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire
    Do I really have to see it in 3D? I sort of hate 3D.. D:

Monsters vs. Aliens was NOT good in 3D
    Loads of kid's movies coming out in 3D abuse the 3D-ness with too many "COMIN' ATCHA" moments.

Up doesn't do this. The colors won't be as bright as in 2D, but it's probably worth the 3D for the depth of field in some of the amazing landscapes in this movie.