Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Piece Chapter 544

@Archangel

But he wasn't under ordered to do anything of the sort. Its should be alright for Shichibukai to act indepedently in other situations but in this case he is directly interfering with WG affairs.

Not to mention he is awol and the other Shichibukai could have probably used his help in the fight against Whitebeard.

The WG would have to be pretty dumb to trust a guy like that. His Shichibukai freedoms won't last long until he does something else to renew their trust.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    I think his goal for schichibukai status was entirely so he could gain access to Impel Down.
    After all, the gates only open for marines and schichibukai.
    Why not just highjack a marine vessel then? Somehow it seems that becoming a Shichibukai just for that would be more trouble than it was worth

So you're basically saying Blackbeard wasted his time then. I guarantee you he will no longer be a schichibukai after this arc. He's already openly attacked the marines stationed outside Impel Down and the gaol guards. The WG knows he's there, and openly abandoned them as they were preparing for the executation, which alone is enough of an excuse to strip Hancock's status.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries
    Well yeah... but they're dicks

I just get the feeling that Blackbeard is gonna get out from this one with a clean slate

Besides, i think that was just a bluff. Even if hancock didnt show up they wouldn't kick her out of the shichibukai and go through all the stuff they went after crocodile

I don't think Blackbeard really concerned about keeping his Schichibukai status for too long exceptionally when WG can be toppled down and large mass of power gone, everyone will start fighting to be on top. The first one to be Pirate King will have it all.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    Well yeah... but they're dicks

I just get the feeling that Blackbeard is gonna get out from this one with a clean slate

Besides, i think that was just a bluff. Even if hancock didnt show up they wouldn't kick her out of the shichibukai and go through all the stuff they went after crocodile
    We both know that blackbeard wanted the title as part of a greater plan he has in store. Are you suggesting that his visit to Impel Down is not related to this plan of his?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries
    We both know that blackbeard wanted the title as part of a greater plan he has in store. Are you suggesting that his visit to Impel Down is not related to this plan of his?
    I'm not saying it's not related, i'm saying that i don't think he would relinquish his title to fulfill that objective alone

There are probably a few more doors the name of the shichibukai will open for him before he sets his eyes on his true goal

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Maybe he wants to become a Pacifista, so his body is not "weak".
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    I'm not saying it's not related, i'm saying that i don't think he would relinquish his title to fulfill that objective alone

There are probably a few more doors the name of the shichibukai will open for him before he sets his eyes on his true goal
    Not really interested in this discussion but it seems to me that you're completely ignoring the possibility that Blackbeard has already fulfilled his other objectives. After all, he has been a Shichibukai for quite some time now and with all the effort he has put into becoming one I doubt he has just been sitting on his ass all this time waiting for someone else to start a commotion. I'm pretty sure Blackbeard wouldn't be doing something that could cost him his Shichibukai status unless he no longer needed the title. Like he told Crocodile it's all a part of his plan.

Besides like Death13a mentioned this will be the start of a war between Whitebeard and the WG. A war that, all things considered, will likely end in the annihilation of the WG. At the very least WG will lose most of its power and after that I doubt the title of Shichibukai will mean anything at all.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Maybe there's something in Impel Down that he wants besides Nakama. For all we know the WG could've built Impel Down to hide something in it and he's looking for it. There has to be something down there that he wants. He's obviously going down to the deeper levels. Either there is another prisoner in level 6 that he wants to recruit, or there is something of great importance. Then the fact that he said that they should prepare for something big. Sounds almost like he's going to launch something from down there.

All speculation though, but it's all we can do at this point.

Maybe BB's absorption ability lets him steal powers from other logia users, and he wants Magellan's poison power. He seemed particularly interested in confronting Magellan...
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries
    Maybe BB's absorption ability lets him steal powers from other logia users, and he wants Magellan's poison power. He seemed particularly interested in confronting Magellan...
    Thats just crazy enough for Oda to use

Actually, my post was inaccurate...
    Magellan isn't a logia user, because he could still be injured by Luffy.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries
    Actually, my post was inaccurate...
    Magellan isn't a logia user, because he could still be injured by Luffy.
    Still, it's one hell of a paramecia