Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One Piece Episode 402

@ Assertn:
    If you can accept the voodoo fruit, which involves not only perfoming it but producing voodoo figurines from your body, then I don't see why you can't explain the music fruit by that same 'logic'. He transforms his body into something that can be used to manipulate a natural phenomena (sound, in this case) much like Hawkins' ability to transform his body into a voodoo dolls that can be used to manipulate supernatural phenomena.

If you are willing the stretch the definition of 'natural phenomena' that much, then what's the problem? :P

apoo is the music man, he comes from round your wayyyyy
    what can he play? what can he play?
    he plays the ARM FLUTE?!

arm flute, arm flute, arm flu-oot, arm flu-oot, arm flu-oot!

Quote Originally Posted by Splash!
    @ Assertn:
    If you can accept the voodoo fruit, which involves not only perfoming it but producing voodoo figurines from your body, then I don't see why you can't explain the music fruit by that same 'logic'. He transforms his body into something that can be used to manipulate a natural phenomena (sound, in this case) much like Hawkins' ability to transform his body into a voodoo dolls that can be used to manipulate supernatural phenomena.

If you are willing the stretch the definition of 'natural phenomena' that much, then what's the problem? :P
    Here's an idea....

If you can accept that there are other people in the One Piece world that attack with music (for example the monkey from Jaya island), then you could accept that Apoo's ability wouldn't require a devil's fruit.

This is reminiscent of the annoying-ass bloodline arguments from the Naruto threads.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    Here's an idea....

If you can accept that there are other people in the One Piece world that attack with music (for example the monkey from Jaya island), then you could accept that Apoo's ability wouldn't require a devil's fruit.

This is reminiscent of the annoying-ass bloodline arguments from the Naruto threads.
    Touch'e, I honestly did not remember that. I don't understand why you didn't bring that up earlier instead of discussing how DF's are based on natural phenomena (which i still think is just BS). I guess I have just gotten used to explaining most weird abilities through Devil Fruits because that is typically the most common explanation in one piece, granted not the only one.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    Hey, don't blame me for their poor reading comprehension. Kakashi is really clear about what they are, and what they are named.

Just sayin...
    "After all, I am strangely colored."