Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Episode 402

Quote Originally Posted by Penner
    Damn, that part when Kizaru teleported and took out one, then instantly back and facekicked the second, fucking BADASS!
    +1. Loved that part.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Somehow the dynamics were somewhat lacking in this episode. The pirates were underperforming and standing still while the bad guys were using their powers to the max and moving around. You'd think the other rookies would have had quite a few tricks in their pockets if they have bounties equal to Luffy. Instead they seemed to run out of them really fast unless this was just a Rocky moment of them accepting hits before really getting up (but it didn't look like that).
    That's not really a testament to how weak they are, but how strong the marine's top forces can be

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    Scratch Apoo's power sucked. At first I thought he was a Sound Logia, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    Dude he sliced a arm and then the upper torso of the guy at a distance! That would be lethal to anyone who isn't a Logia

Also, i'd assume that's the music fruit

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    Also, i'd assume that's the music fruit
    Looked more like an orchestra fruit, but who knows. We might still get a logia type sound fruit at some point, which could be really cool as it should rely on audio more heavily than explicit action usually does (not to say audio would be unimportant for any effect and scene - far from it).

That would be ridiculous if a music fruit could turn your body into various instruments. All of the fruits we've seen so far have been based on natural phenomena. There's nothing natural about clarinets or keyboards.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

this episode was so much better after being animated with sound.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

Blog Entries
    Wow, that's just not true Assertn O_o

What is natural about a huge vodoo doll? Or a "room" that can change people's heads? Or the ability to split all your members apart?

And my biggest example:

No matter how you spin it, there is no natural phenomenon on this earth that can reproduce that

Voodoo is based on the supernatural, which is, essentially, natural. Same thing with ghosts and reincarnation. And "room" just rearranges things around in 3d space...like quantum mechanics. Concepts, myths and ideas don't really bother me as fruit abilities... just things that are characteristically artificial.

Also, the Noro Noro beam is far from a counter-example, as it was even explained in its first reveal by Silver Fox as a technique which utilizes particles that scientists haven't even discovered yet.

I think the best counter-argument would be that guy on Jaya who had the spring fruit. In which case, I would have to point to the elastic properties of springs that the fruit is based on, rather than actual springs themselves.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

And where exactly do you find doors in nature? =P

Blog Entries
    Not that i buy those arguments for a second (except maybe the one for the noro noro fruit), but i guess i can come up with some more examples:

Suke Suke no Mi - Perfect invisibility, nothing like a chameleon's camouflage but something that turns you and everything you touch transparent

Mane Mane no Mi - To be able to perfectly reproduce someone's physical features just by a touch with the right hand and to turn back using your left one

By best example would probably be the fruit my favorite female character has in the manga, but that hint should be enough for you right?

As wrong as it sounds... I do agree with Archie on this one. How 'natural' is to change a sword into an elephant? Or a dog into a cannon?

Also...

By best example would probably be the fruit my favorite female character has in the manga, but that hint should be enough for you right?
    If i did that i'd be posting in the manga thread too you idiot

I throw something like 2 or 3 theories on each One Piece thread so i'm bound to get a couple of wins every now and then by probability alone

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    As wrong as it sounds... I do agree with Archie on this one. How 'natural' is to change a sword into an elephant? Or a dog into a cannon?
    In these cases, however, we're talking about things (a sword/cannon) that have 'eaten' a fruit. Vegapunk again if I recall correctly.
    Last edited by Xyrox; Wed, 05-27-2009 at 09:36 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    As wrong as it sounds... I do agree with Archie on this one.
    Hahaha that one never gets old... until just now

And check the dates you moron, i posted that before i started to read the manga

Ugh....Archie....
    Invisibility is just another supernatural ability. Mimicing identities is the same basic idea. None of these things counter my initial point that devil fruit abilities don't portray artificial / man-made things.

Also...inanimate objects consuming devil fruits falls beyond the purview of this conversation. This is Vegapunk's doing - it has nothing to do with the devil fruits themselves.

The door one, however, is worth arguing over. I'd be willing to shrug that one off as more formally a "pass through solid objects" fruit.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    Ugh....Archie....
    Invisibility is just another supernatural ability. Mimicing identities is the same basic idea. None of these things counter my initial point that devil fruit abilities don't portray artificial / man-made things.
    Fine, if that's how you want to play it

Supa Supa no Mi - The fruit eaten by Mr. 1 that allows him to turn his body to steel. As far as i know, steel can't be found in nature and must be created by man

Bomu Bomu no Mi - The fruit eaten by Mr. 5 that allows him to become a human bomb, another human creation ( although i guess you could make the point that nature could combine its elements to create a bomb aswell even without human interference )

Shari Shari no Mi - A fruit eaten my a marine officer that allows him to turn him arms and feet into wheels, perhaps one of humanity's first creations

This is an interesting fruit since it was introduced in the manga during the Enies Lobby escape but was never shown in the anime. Since the event has already happened, i wouldn't call this a spoiler.

Details here - http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Shari_Shari_no_Mi

Also, Capone's fruit apparently turned his insides into some kind of castle.
    Dude he sliced a arm and then the upper torso of the guy at a distance! That would be lethal to anyone who isn't a Logia
    Yeah, but the way that scene was set up, with Kizaru basically talking smack about how none of them could hurt a Logia user, then Scratch starts his attack and starts emitting sound waves I though "oooh snap! Sound logia!" But then it turned out he's just an instrument man or some shit.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Wed, 05-27-2009 at 06:23 PM.

Or Capone is a giant cyborg that ate a fruit which lets him shrink himself to normal human size ;P
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

hah, if thats true, can you imagine the size he originally was? that would be one bigass cyborg :P

Though i really doubt thats the case ^^

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Blog Entries
    Or Capone is a giant cyborg that ate a fruit which lets him shrink himself to normal human size ;P
    I noticed you ignored all my arguments. Does that mean we're done with that?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    Yeah, but the way that scene was set up, with Kizaru basically talking smack about how none of them could hurt a Logia user, then Scratch starts his attack and starts emitting sound waves I though "oooh snap! Sound logia!" But then it turned out he's just an instrument man or some shit.
    Well you could have figured it out that there would be no way for a Logia user to have a bounty that low

Just to give an example, Oda said that if Enel had a bounty it would be of 500.000.000

Archie...all your arguments are subjective.

Steel is a material. Big deal. Someone could have the plastic fruit and I wouldn't think much of it.

Explosions can happen naturally just as it can be artificial. Thats basically what active stars are.

Wheels are just as valid as the previously-mentioned spring fruit.

Is this conversation still fun for you?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Blog Entries
    Is this conversation still fun for you?
    Kinda

I'll pretty much take any excuse to get the ball rolling on the One Piece forums

You got my example on that rep comment right?