Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Piece + FUNimation

One Piece + FUNimation

http://www.funimation.com/f_index.cfm?page=news&id=565

Starting Saturday, May 30th at 9:00 p.m. CDT, just one hour after airing in Japan, FUNimation and the consortium will stream the first, free, professionally-produced, accurately English-subtitled "One Piece" series episode beginning with episode 403 via the official One Piece website http://www.onepieceofficial.com followed soon thereafter by FUNimation partner sites.

Well, I just got a hard-on.

That is seriously progress there maties.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Yeah i read that too, but that shit aint "available" in my country (or anywhere in europe?) so....meh :P

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifus
    Well, I just got a hard-on.

That is seriously progress there maties.
    Why are you excited for dub?

It said english-subtitled, not english dubbed ^^

Edit:

Tho it would be impressive if they managed to accurately dub an entire one piece ep and have it up for streaming 1 hour after it aired :P

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

You mean it would be impressive if they did that thing they've been doing with Naruto for months now?

This is good news, especially for Archievers because it's unlikely we'll have to put up with constantly shifting One Piece sub groups anymore. It'll probably be like HorribleSubs is for Naruto, where the same day Naruto comes out, someone gets the company subbed episode and just reposts the thing.

I doubt I'll watch it streaming, but I'll make a point to click the thing everyweek to let them know I'm watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Penner
    It said english-subtitled, not english dubbed ^^
    Oh, shit. My bad. This really is good news then.

Quote Originally Posted by Penner
    Yeah i read that too, but that shit aint "available" in my country (or anywhere in europe?) so....meh :P
    If nothing else, at least it should mean less anti-piracy pressure over here if they think nobody in Europe watches the stuff, legally or illegally.

I'm another who gets the "not available in your territory" message.

What a cocktease.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    "This content is not available in your territory."

: (
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

It seems Funimation's stream quality is even more crappier than CrunchyRoll's and Naruto.com so... I hope no horriblesubs for this...

Crappy not available in your country message won't allow me to confirm if their stream is as bad as I've read.

The only good thing of this is if Viz speeds releases the one piece manga. They will be releasing the latest chapter on shounen jump soon. They are currently on Volume 21 out of 53... bleh.

Blog Entries
    I climaxed after reading that

Fucking finally One Piece gets a good subber

Now i just hope there's a good group out there to combine quality raws and these subs

The quality isnt perfect RZ, but its definitely not horrendous. This is without a doubt progress.

Very nice sub fonts too. Very easy on the eyes.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifus
    The quality isnt perfect RZ, but its definitely not horrendous. This is without a doubt progress.

Very nice sub fonts too. Very easy on the eyes.
    Ah
    I see

Thanks for letting me know Lucifus. Though I still can't watch them because of region issues, lol.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    That's awesome that they're going to sub and host it on their site for free. They have ep 391 up right now and the quality is good, and I don't have to waste time looking for an episode online or waiting on a sub.

Damn... negative repped for thinking it's cool of them to keep up with current episodes and sub them and stream them for free on their site.

I didn't realize they were 11 eps or so behind, I haven't been keeping up very well.
    I also see they're doing this w\ the new Full Metal Alchemist release... but again, they only have it up to episode 5 and this week episode 9 will be out. I know it's nice to have a copy of the ep to watch it again... but I don't see any room to complain if Funimation were to put out subbed episodes immediately after their japanese release.

They must think they have alot more time to play with than they really do... I think it's a great idea but if they dont' do it immediately, by the time they put their episode out; all of the hardcore fans would have already downloaded a fan sub.
    Last edited by itadakimasu; Thu, 05-28-2009 at 09:18 AM.

Blog Entries
    What is?

Im blocked...

As anime fans know, FUNimation Entertainment planned under the authorization of Toei Animation, Fuji Television, Shueisha for the first ever online simulcast of the series ‘One Piece’ tonight at 9:00 pm CDT., just one hour after its premiere on Japan’s Fuji Television. Unfortunately, in the last 24 hours we have determined that the FUNimation servers were compromised, even though we employ strict security standards. An unknown individual accessed and posted episode 403 online and as a direct result of this illegal act, all U.S. and Canadian fans will be deprived of access to this great anime series for the immediate future. We will use the full extent of our efforts to locate and prosecute the perpetrators and will provide updates in this most serious matter.
    Pretty funny.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Blog Entries
    Lol

Reminds me of a DB troll

I seen 403 was leaked since early yesterday in .flv format, must have got FUNimation into a bit of trouble to not be able to show anything.