Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Movie 2

Naruto movies never fail to disappoint... This was probably the most disjointed of them all, even if it was, relatively, better than some of the others. Kind of a pity considering it had some promise by coming up with those wind/lightning sky ninja, who weren't half bad with the effective aerial attack. But soon enough, of course, the script writing monkeys naturally forgot all about them and instead concentrated on some bloody zero tail that suddenly appeared out of nowhere and that had nothing at all to do with anything the movie was seemingly about in the beginning. In fact, this was almost like two different stories hastily knit together in the middle. So, it's no surprise the end was completely witless shit.

The best parts of the movie were Konoha getting bombed, which simply looked sweet and strangely realistic, and Amaru in wet shirt...

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    The best parts of the movie were Konoha getting bombed, which simply looked sweet and strangely realistic, and Amaru in wet shirt...
    And this:

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Sai got some good action and Shino's bugs are as destructive as ever. I laughed my ass off when I saw the Sky Ninja getting launched into the sky without his wings because the bugs destroyed it XD

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    I only download the movies because I want to see some good fights with pretty good animation...
    so far all the movies were at least "ok" in that point (some were actually pretty good)

If I download it, will I be disappointed? Or can I expect at least some nice action now and then? (story doesn't really have to be good)

Hmmmm. This wasn't as bad as I expected it would be. This movie is definitely the best of the five Naruto movies in my opinion. It had Shino owning. It had Sai owning. It had Kyuubi mode. It had Kakashi not caring a bit about raining rocks. And it had a movie-only female, Amaru, that I did like. Haven't seen a movie-only character that I've liked since Bleach's Senna.

There are idiotic and lame moments though. As expected of Naruto... but overall I liked the movie.

Wrong. Movie only female was also Shion in the first Shippuuden movie.

I think actually for the first time ever that we're being overcritical about this movie. I found it actually quite good for what I expected of Naruto. There were a few lame parts like his determination rasengan but other than that... it actually surprised me to its quality.

I did particularly enjoy watching Sasuke and Naruto working together for once without Naruto screaming Sasuke every ten seconds.

What I really liked most was the amount of realism involved. There was no fantastic cure-all or magical bell or some miracle crap that saved them. The characters actually had to struggle to win against their opponents and there was significant build-up rather than a sudden "Screw that, I win."

Wasn't as bad as I feared or as good as I hoped. I actually liked how they did Sauske... something I never thought I would say again. The 'carrier' ships buged the heck out of me - that much superstructure and they things would capsize in their very first storm. And there was no reason for it - the guys taking off from the top deck didn't fall more then a few feet before the wings kicking in - no reason not to have it flush decked. Also, machine gun kunai launchers? Please, thats just sad.

Sai was lots of fun. A touch of Shikamaru, always good. Naruto got the ever living *BEEP* kicked out of him - unsuprising and fun to watch. Ending sucked (so what happened to the 0-tails? Naturo rips appart the fortress, but its not like that will do anything...)

Quote Originally Posted by kmkze04
    Wrong. Movie only female was also Shion in the first Shippuuden movie.
    I think RZ meant exactly what he said, that there was a movie only female that he did like and that he hadn't seen one that he liked since Bleach's Senna... How can he be wrong?
    Last edited by Killa-Eyez; Mon, 04-27-2009 at 09:58 AM.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

Out of everything in this movie, I think I'll still spend more time wondering if Orochimaru was intentionally made to look like Michael Jackson or if it was mere coincidence.

I couldn't careless about this movie storywise but I think the quality of animation is quite good. The CG rendering and 2D drawing came out seamless and I'm really digging the color of Amaru's vest especially when they were on the boat. To me, it looks more vibrant during that part.

Also, the "tatsumaki" rasengan and the chidori "koukan" -- is this Naruto Shippuuden "Hyper Edition?"

Quote Originally Posted by kmkze04
    The characters actually had to struggle to win against their opponents and there was significant build-up rather than a sudden "Screw that, I win."
    OpponentS? There's only one non-cornchips enemy in the entire movie.

seems like the best a naruto movie will get. adjust your standards and expectations accordingly

Oh man, the old "stick a scalpel in a light socket to unlock the prison cell" trick. Works every time.

yeah though overall one of the better naruto movies.

I like how every Naruto movie has to have a unique Rasengan, and even when there's no weird power source Naruto can mix into his Rasengan, it just uses his normal rasengans and gives them new names.

I wonder if Tatsumaki Rasengan is now the official name of a Kyuubi Rasengan.

Quote Originally Posted by Killa-Eyez
    I think RZ meant exactly what he said, that there was a movie only female that he did like and that he hadn't seen one that he liked since Bleach's Senna... How can he be wrong?
    My mistake - I thought he said that Amaru was the ONLY movie female. My bad.

And to DarthEnder, typo on the S. Good catch.

Ah, one thing to complain about... I love the big rock music buildups when Shikamaru's unit is attacking the carriers... and then they do pretty much nothing. The music is more flashy than the attacks themselves.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    In my opinion this was probably the worst naruto movie action wise... I did like the story though and the Super Saiya-jin transformation was funny too.

but, oh my god, the fights were sooo full of crap.. there was only 2 good scenes which didn't even last longer than ~1 minute.
    Kyuubi vs Zero-Tails and Sai vs the first wave of sky ninjas

Amaru was probably the best thing about this movie, even though she was a pseudo jinchuriki like Sora from fillers.

Can the naruto movies be any worse, Yes they can Hopefully next one is even worse!

thing i disliked most ws that sasuke didnt knockout naruto or something and Why the hell should he care about helping anyone when the villager's was gonn escape, isnt he the Emo charater