Page 28 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: The Internet

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Barles View Post
    Cripples need love too. Grab your raincoat and hop in.
    Exactly, but this is a very touchy subject for most societies.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

The video felt pretty awkward and I had to search for the lyrics cause couldnt get most part of it. Most of it was disturbing, even I found some parts that felt disgusting in my anathema filled education. I must say that Im mesmerized of seeing how all those taboos were thrown publicly. I guess that you need to be quite brave, pissed or desperate. Possibly a mix of all those but hats off.
    The path of excess leads to the tower of wisdom

Related - Interesting words from a cripple.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edort4 View Post
    The video felt pretty awkward and I had to search for the lyrics cause couldnt get most part of it. Most of it was disturbing, even I found some parts that felt disgusting in my anathema filled education. I must say that Im mesmerized of seeing how all those taboos were thrown publicly. I guess that you need to be quite brave, pissed or desperate. Possibly a mix of all those but hats off.
    At some point, you get horny enough to become brave, even fearless. It's the awesome power of the sex drive.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

I don't blame her. A lot of people start to confuse crippled people with mentally retarded people and won't step near them, stigmatizing any notion that they might have a sex drive. Crippled people have minds as capable as the rest of us, so it must piss them off.

Another reason is people fear the idea of having sex with crippled people. There's the social image, personal image, cultural image etc...
    They might also fear legal troubles where the crippled person consent is not considered valid...

Then there's the fact that our unconscious tends to tell us to avoid sex relations with people seen as ill or with an troubles that would affect procreation.

And let's face it, we also need to like how the people we date look like.

Some people can overcome all of this, this just isn't the norm and it's not easy to have them meet with the ones in need and they are compatible.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    I lost it after reading the top comment
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

check this out.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

On some tunes, works quite well. it's just there's a bit of tuning needed either in the hammers or tube heads to reduce the percussion hard and unpleasant sounds.

I think that this video deservers its own thread.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Haha, awesome commercial that one. Too bad I don't like Hahn Super Dry, otherwise I'd like it even more.

The PVC vid was pretty cool. It's interesting how being a less efficient version of the piano actually makes it more fun.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Ocarina of Time 3D commercial with Robin Williams and his daughter Zelda Williams, whom he actually named after Princess Zelda.

Also, epic beard.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    The real question is, what will the download limit be?

Arcness gets a measly 125GB download (upload included?) limit with his.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I am curious about that as well. But I do think that it is a good thing. Speeds in the US are ridiculously slow and expensive. I pay like 60$ for 10MB/2MB, but I never get speeds anywhere near that.

Problem with fiber is that it's not that widespread and as it costs a lot to deploy, you have to be in areas with lots of people to have the luck of finding a fibered place.

In Paris I can have access to 100mb/50mb fiber for 38€/month. For the same price I get 100mb/10mb cable speeds in Versailles since the city has no fiber access yet.
    My real speed in Versailles is around 65mb down, and goes down to 40-45mb which is not bad considering that ADSL for the same prices is 5Mb on my phone line...

I might go fiber in Paris, will be more practical to access my NAS there and redirect some tv channels I do not have access to in Versailles thanks to the nice upload speeds.

And here we face a great threat to high speed internet: video streams that will probably become the norm. Be it a HD camera feed,TV channel redirection etc... creating large amounts of bandwidth to tranfer from many points to many other ones.

We're not there yet, but I'm sure it will be very quick to happen.

10/4/04 - 8/20/07

This is awesome.

Damn frog eaters.