Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: The Internet

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    This is so cool:

CNN has this interactive video of a street in Haiti after the earthquake. It's basically like Google's street view, only it's video:

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2010/...ex.html?hpt=C1

I can only imagine how technology like this will have advanced by the time I'm old. Pretty exciting.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

That was indeed a nifty video thing. It was cool how you could follow interesting looking things just like you could if you were sitting in that very car yourself.

There were quite a few buildings left standing over there. Not all is levelled at all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    There were quite a few buildings left standing over there. Not all is levelled at all.
    Yah, every cloud has a silver lining... not EVERYONE is dead, yippy!

Every time I hear about the earthquake in Haiti, I can't help but think about that scene from Airplane II where they show Detroit before and after a terrorist attack. It's the same shithole.

This earthquake could be the best thing to happen to Haiti. They get a huge infusion of money and aid. Hopefully they don't use it to just patch holes and for temporary relief. Use that money to rebuild from the ground up and fix your shit.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Well, and hope that the U.S. and France don't start co-opting their government again. And that all that money they have is treated as grants, not loans.

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

saw that the other day and thought it seemed pretty useful, so i'm posting it here.

user posted image

Tired of being socially awkward? Having trouble keeping eye contact?

http://www.japanator.com/miteru-dake...wer-8360.phtml
    A new DVD hopes to improve your odds of behaving like a civilized human being when faced (literally) with another living human girl. Miteru Dake ("Just Looking") contains 50 variously sized, shaped and aged female girl-types. While this might sound like a set-up to your average run-of-the-mill "adult" film, it is, in fact, nothing of the sort. These girls simply stand and stare at you. That's it.
    This is so creepy it's hilarious. Why socialize when you can spend hours staring at dead-eyed women on your computer?? They play like hostage videos. Oh, and if you're a guy and stared at the first girl's cleavage before you even hit play, don't worry. I did it too.

There's even one for Shinta|hikari: Don't get nervous, Shinta!!
    Last edited by XanBcoo; Sat, 01-30-2010 at 01:17 AM.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

hhahahahahaha
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    lulz. I stared at the first chick's face at the start! All you other males are naught but carnal animals!

(only because I had to install missing plugins and the icon made me look at the centre.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I actually have problems not staring at a woman's face if I find her attractive. I call it the "Lenny Fixation Complex". Weirds girls out, though I think it's just my attempt to memorize the lines and features of their faces.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

I found the second girl more attractive than the first actually.

BEHOLD the power of Make Up.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    . Weirds girls out, though I think it's just my attempt to memorize the lines and features of their faces.

Why are you doing that? That sounds scary...

Kigurumi

Make sure you watch the last vid if you want your dreams shattered

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyke
    BEHOLD the power of Make Up.
    holy crap! it's some sort of real life photoshop D:

.. but it does help a bit how she changes her hair and smiles :\.

user posted image

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    I actually have problems not staring at a woman's face if I find her attractive. I call it the "Lenny Fixation Complex". Weirds girls out, though I think it's just my attempt to memorize the lines and features of their faces.
    That's very American of you. I can't imagine a timid Japanese man would be so brazen. But that is essentially what those videos would train you to do.

There's also one for the ladies

It's pretty creepy, but not as creepy as the links Buffalobiian posted. Damn, Japan.

holy crap! it's some sort of real life photoshop D:
    Cohabitation with women will teach you a lot of things. Scary things.

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj
    Why are you doing that? That sounds scary...
    I believe in the beauty of form, so if I think a girl is attractive, I examine her features to truly appreciate them and to understand why they are attractive. Not to stoke any rumours about my sexuality, but I look at good-looking guys' features as well, to see what about them makes them attractive to women. I then compare them to my own features to see where I stand in the looks department, and in relation to my success with women.

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    That's very American of you. I can't imagine a timid Japanese man would be so brazen. But that is essentially what those videos would train you to do.
    I see it as a sign of my maturation and increased self-confidence. But I was bad about staring even when I was a wallflower as a young adult. The Lenny Fixation thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandadice
    http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

saw that the other day and thought it seemed pretty useful, so i'm posting it here.
    I've already used this a few times...thanks for sharing this!

bright lights, possible sound effects, crazy breakdown.
    you have been warned

well, not really shocking, but still funny.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Adventures In Sex City! Players can either be a man wearing a condom on his head named Captain Condom; a virgin named Wonder Vag; a boy named Willy the Kid who believes size doesn't matter or Power Pap, a sexually active gal. Each character will have to fight the game's super villain, the Sperminator, a muscular man wearing a red wrestling mask with penis arms.

link to the actual game
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco