Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: The Internet

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Holy hell, people are fucking retarded. There was an actual investigation into EA's claim that choices made in ME3 would affect the outcome of the game, fat losers citing that this claim was false advertising because the endings were too similar for this to be true. What the hell is wrong with people??

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...fect-3-ending/

That is nothing http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/n...,2910121.story
    Skechers has agreed to pay $40 million to consumers who purchased its rocker-bottom shoes under the mistaken belief that the shoes would help give them Kim Kardashian's booty or Joe Montana's stamina.
    Now that is retarded
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Abdula View Post
    That is nothing http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/n...,2910121.story

Now that is retarded
    That is retarded but I think it's more the article writer speaking in euphemism. The actual case was of false advertising since the shoes don't do jack for toning your legs, not that it promised you legs like KK's or stamina like JoeMo's.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

I know. I've seen the commercials, ridiculed them a lot, and anyone who bought those shoes believing that they would make them fit is an idiot. This is America after all and a commercials like these two http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs_dKFuIEF0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erhbn3ElJVo are a lawsuit waiting to happen.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

I love Skechers shapeup commercials... all them hot bitches.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Videogamers are worthless, entitled shits.

Blog Entries
    I'll laugh so hard when they release True End DLC: 19.99$

You'll have to bottle that laughter, since that is never going to happen.
    -----------------

Blog Entries

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    *nods* Damned impressive.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

That's probably the best post you've made; pretty cool.
    -----------------

Definitely awesome. Wonder how long it took him to perfect that technique. I'd buy one of his works.

If I had seen that painting before seeing this video, I'd have imagined making it had taken a lot longer than this, that's for sure. Very impressive indeed. Although at the same time it's kind of sad it was created... how should I say it, so quickly and hastily, making it feel kind of mass produced.

That guy's a genius.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    If I had seen that painting before seeing this video, I'd have imagined making it had taken a lot longer than this, that's for sure. Very impressive indeed. Although at the same time it's kind of sad it was created... how should I say it, so quickly and hastily, making it feel kind of mass produced.
    I've got mixed feelings about that painting too (and would expand on your point).

On one hand it's cool, and it would be cool if he done it on the spot via spontaneous inspiration or even simply planned it out in his head.

But what I would think is more probable, is that he practiced the steps a number of times over and over so that he can produce the desired results in a short amount of time to the point where it's an automated process.. If that was the case it can be said that it's taken the artistic nature out of it.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

There certainly has been a lot of practice for him to get to that point, but mass produced? More likely, he developed a number of techniques that are repeatable, that can be combined in different ways with different colors to produce images that are generally going to be somewhat similar to this, but not identical. Here's a link to some more of his stuff:

http://www.spacepaintings.com/page/page/508814.htm

And here's a youtube video of some guy who presumably developed the technique:

"You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Thanks for the link. It helps to know the painter probably has to have real artistic talent (see his paintings of the jazz musician and the Statue of Liberty) and not just a gimmick to produce such cool works.

Draw A Stickman

I found this via bearfood.com and thought it was pretty neat.

That is pretty cool! Weird how much fun you can have with little applets like that.

Has anyone played Crayon Physics (I think it was mentioned here before). Similar fun concept.

Quote Originally Posted by fahoumh View Post
    Draw A Stickman

I found this via bearfood.com and thought it was pretty neat.
    Yeah that was kind of fun, and short. I can use it for diversions between long bouts of actually trying to be productive.

- Inquisitor Czevak

https://twitter.com/#!/NeedADebitCard
    stupidity level: infinity.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE