Page 37 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: The Internet

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Inb4 moved to its own thread

I think parents hitting their children is a fairly normal and sometimes advisable educational practice... but there's obviously a line, and this prick crossed it.
    Video's been posted here already.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Blog Entries
    Fuck sapphy's stupid threads >_>

Edit: Fap fap fap fap
    Last edited by Archangel; Sun, 11-06-2011 at 01:25 PM.

This image has been stirring up controversy on the internet. It's supposedly by a non-1%'er who is also not a 99%'er or some such, but it might be anti-OWS propaganda by some conservatives.

I+am+Not+the+99%u00252525+funny+humour+story+image.jpg

What do you all think, real or fake? Does he have a point, is he lucky, should he be applauded, or condemned?

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Might be a She, or is there more intel about that pic?
    Do you think that could be a blank page that has been filled later with some editing soft?

Regarding the text, well there's not much to say. Good for him/her. But that's forgetting you then need to find a job after graduation and that job covers your expenses that are not always a consequence of your choices...
    I mean health for example.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

I'm pretty sure it's a guy... even though his hands haven't seen a day of hard work in his life. I hadn't noticed but you may be right, the text looks photoshopped/added in, so this may be a fake poster put out by conservatives looking to derail the OWS movement.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    I thought that the 1% were billionares and the 99% were not so billionare people, how is he not part of the 99%? that`s only a pretentious picture to boost his already big ego, "Look at me everyone! i can manage myself!"
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    I thought that the 1% were billionares and the 99% were not so billionare people, how is he not part of the 99%? that`s only a pretentious picture to boost his already big ego, "Look at me everyone! i can manage myself!"
    It's more of an anti-bitching manifest.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    This is the line of thinking of anti-OWS people.

"Heh, I don't have it so rough because I actually work. Lazy fucking poor people."

It's really a failure to understand the underlying grievances of the movement in the first place.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

I cant find sense to that rant to be anti-OWS. He denies both living with credit and excess consumption wich are the basic pilars of modern economies thus making him the worst kind of enemy of WS. And he is totally part of the 99% (lower end) but he thinks he is better cause he isnt indebted, wich is good but serves no purpose if things dont change.

Anyways if that guy thinks that is cool to have to work 30+ hours a week for minimum wage + plus study a carreer + scholaships just to get graduated in a public unversity, live rented in a small apt and dont have almost anything to spent saving a few bucks that in the last few years devaluated heavily welcome to the sanitarium.
    The path of excess leads to the tower of wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Edort4 View Post
    I cant find sense to that rant to be anti-OWS. He denies both living with credit and excess consumption wich are the basic pilars of modern economies thus making him the worst kind of enemy of WS. And he is totally part of the 99% (lower end) but he thinks he is better cause he isnt indebted, wich is good but serves no purpose if things dont change.

Anyways if that guy thinks that is cool to have to work 30+ hours a week for minimum wage + plus study a carreer + scholaships just to get graduated in a public unversity, live rented in a small apt and dont have almost anything to spent saving a few bucks that in the last few years devaluated heavily welcome to the sanitarium.
    I am guessing that person is fine with living in austerity, but they are indeed part of the 99% of the lower economic spectrum (unless they saved millions of dollars) if they are making minimum wage.And hurrah for them, but "working your ass off" doesn't always pay off. Wages have been flat in the US for decades, while the cost of living keeps rising. Basically, the deck is stacked against most people, which is not...I hate to say fair, but yea, it is pretty unfair. Add to that all the cheating (tax evasion, buying politicians, irresponsible banking regulation and lack thereof), and I think people have a right to be upset.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    http://hackertyper.com/

Hack like a pro!

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

So it would seem North Korea has a website:
    http://www.korea-dpr.com

The reunification section is especially lulzy, "Korea is an independent and sovereign state, but the southern part of the country is still controlled by imperialist interests and US troops. If any south Korean citizen so much as tries to visit North Korea by crossing the huge concrete wall, he will be met with deadly force from the American soldiers. The so-called “Security Law” in south Korea forbids any south Korean citizen from talking or even reading about the North by threat of imprisonment or even execution."
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Finally. Now I can show my support to Dear Leader. Lol

Thanks shinta|hikari for the sig.

Culmination
    Pretty cool flash game. very interesting take on ending.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair View Post
    Culmination
    Pretty cool flash game. very interesting take on ending.
    Dude that shit was awesome

That was indeed awesome, the ending was a very clever piece of gamedesign and is sooooo stolen right now ;D.
    -----------------

Blog Entries
    Sucks that you posted the last one of a series though, i wish i had played it in the correct order

Hard mode is hard. I ragequit'd it once.
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Blog Entries
    I saved the sfw in my PC but it doesn't save my progress... any way to fix that?

Are you using youtube?
    Do you want to prevent eye cancer?
    or do you simply hate new layout?
    use this: http://www.youtube.com/home <- old youtube layout.

Does not work anymore. sadface.jpg
    Last edited by Xelbair; Thu, 12-08-2011 at 05:02 AM.