Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hatsukoi Limited

Hatsukoi Limited

Quote Originally Posted by AniDB
    Being an adolescent girl is just one problem after another. Middle-schooler Arihara Ayumi receives a note from a high-schooler, a very large and intimidating boy, Zaitsu Misao, asking her out. Frightened and intrigued, she doesn't know what to do!

This has been described as a series of vignettes in the everyday lives of a junior high school girl named Ayumi and seven other junior high and high school girls, as they fall in and out of love and deal with girl issues. Authored by Mizuki Kawashita, (who also created the story for Ichigo 100%,) this manga series appeared in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine.
    ANN
    AniDB

Episode 01 - m.3.3.w (xvid)
    Episode 01 - m.3.3.w (h264)

The first episode was fairly entertaining, but the jury is still out on this one. There are many things they can do to ruin a series like this, so I'll have to wait and see.

I have read this manga myself, and this is my most anticipated anime of Spring 2009. I really do not hope JC Staff does not ruin this. The storyline/plot is all done by Mizuki Kawashita (wrote up Lilim Kiss and Ichigo 100%).

Furthermore, for anyone still skeptical about this, this has got to be one of the King/Queens of the Comedy-Romance genre. And better yet, pairings are made (well, in the manga at least).

It was really cute, I enjoyed the comedy fluff this episode provided.

Still, Madhouse totally fucked up Ichigo 100%, so there is no guarantee this won't suffer the same fate.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    I had some good laughs.
    I will check wether they can continue like that or not. It may well be a nice show to release some stress and appeal to my marshmallow heart.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    [m.3.3.w] subbed this? man, I missed the release completely >.<! I had no idea it was out yet D:

this'll be the last series premiere I'm gonna watch for this season. after this I'll just stick with the shows I've started and probably end up dropping a few <.<

downloading the first ep now, will watch later. been anticipating this.

user posted image

I couldn't download the m.3.3.w. version, so I had to download the joint project with Tsukasa and Chihiro. The episode was absolutely funny, and I know Ayumi would probably choose Misao's little brother over him, but we'll see what happens later on.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

I was hesitating to watch this episode, actually not getting further than the OP the first time I tried it (watched FMA2 ep2 instead), but the second try certainly did it! I kept thinking this is going to be tedious romance with occasional comedy, but, man, I couldn't have possibly erred more. This is in fact precisely the kind of humour I like most: Scenes made funny not by external but by internal jokes and moreover: I have always liked overdramatized theatrics, like how Misao was drawn to be a bloody giant in his first scene or how Ayumi's brother's disposition took a 180 degrees turn from a worshipping big brother to totally rejecting the moment he heard Misao's name.

I don't mind the fanservice either. Actually the fanservice scheme is kind of interesting considering how the core cast of characters seems to be the big group of girls, and any guys are kind of forming only an outer rim. It gives a bit of a girlish feeling to the show. Though I don't know whether that holds true in the future anymore. Maybe the girl group will be totally disbanded by various boyfriends.

Dibs on Kei Enomoto (the blond voiced by Shizuka Itou). Long hair one day, pigtails the next...
    Her resemblance to Takano is another plus, I don't really need to change avatars!

It reminds me a little bit of Girl's High, the really terrible but still funny anime about four friends (plus two less important ones) at an all-girls school and the stupid shit they got themselves into.

...but you know, better character design, better cast, and better writing.

yeah, I was expecting this to be somewhere between Gilrs High and Ichigo 100%.

I really enjoyed this ep, and I have to agree with Kraco, this is the kind of romance/comedy I like.

the fanservice actually caught me off guard, because with the art and mainly girls cast, I was expecting much more of a shoujo completely lacking fanservice, than for there to be any male-oriented fanservice in it. not that I minded at all.

I hope that this takes an episodic approach, with each episode focusing on a different girl's relationship. I think that could be cool.

user posted image

Quote Originally Posted by Nadouku
    I couldn't download the m.3.3.w. version, so I had to download the joint project with Tsukasa and Chihiro. The episode was absolutely funny, and I know Ayumi would probably choose Misao's little brother over him, but we'll see what happens later on.
    Yeah, it's working now.

I really enjoyed this. It's lighthearted, funny, overthetop reactions, just fun. The love triangle of sorts was interesting. I don't know if they plan on continuing the story like this, or just keep switching stories, seeing how I haven't read the manga.

Damn, Mamoru's friend is very annoying. The chances of Ayumi and Mamoru going together seems slim since he's afraid of her, but I'll keep wishing, I guess. Good episode.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nado
    Damn, Mamoru's friend is very annoying.
    Maybe in real life, but we need people like him to make things move in a good show. I seriously can't imagine Mr.Nice Guy Mamoru starting something interesting.

Actually, I can so empathise with Kasuda (the pervert) right now. There's bound to be girls (and guys) for everyone's taste in this show the way they're showcasing all the different stereotypes. Misaki alone made this episode for me, So-Cute top and all.

That last scene too, suggests that she most likely does have someone she likes. She was denying it before, since she thought you could define exactly what you liked about someone. The discussion with Misao however, made her realise that you can like them without a tangible reason. By "not bothering", it means the opportunity's open, but seeing Misao in such a state, she thought she'd spare herself. I reckon this special someone may well be Misao himself

I don't really like Ayumi. Given Misao's got a scary appearance, I still think the way she's treating the whole thing was a bit selfish, like she didn't care for his feelings at all. Personal safety comes first I guess, but now that she knows he won't hurt her, she doesn't feel bad about dumping him at all. She did show some compassion when he was getting beat up, but it lasted for an instant.

Poor guy.

(The OP & ED are really catchy too. I like.)
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Mon, 04-20-2009 at 06:30 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Maybe in real life, but we need people like him to make things move in a good show. I seriously can't imagine Mr.Nice Guy Mamoru starting something interesting.

Actually, I can so empathise with Kasuda (the pervert) right now. There's bound to be girls (and guys) for everyone's taste in this show the way they're showcasing all the different stereotypes. Misaki alone made this episode for me, So-Cute top and all.

That last scene too, suggests that she most likely does have someone she likes. She was denying it before, since she thought you could define exactly what you liked about someone. The discussion with Misao however, made her realise that you can like them without a tangible reason. By "not bothering", it means the opportunity's open, but seeing Misao in such a state, she thought she'd spare herself. I reckon this special someone may well be Misao himself

I don't really like Ayumi. Given Misao's got a scary appearance, I still think the way she's treating the whole thing was a bit selfish, like she didn't care for his feelings at all. Personal safety comes first I guess, but now that she knows he won't hurt her, she doesn't feel bad about dumping him at all. She did show some compassion when he was getting beat up, but it lasted for an instant.

Poor guy.

(The OP & ED are really catchy too. I like.)
    Well she doesn't like him, and will probably never, we shall see. So there's no point in not rejecting him once she's safe he won't do her any harm, is there? Choose 6 months of suffering with a clear no, or 4 years of uncertainty and frustration? first option is clearly the best. And with torturing hormones, the sharper the break, the better.

I guess the other point is the reasons she doesn't like him, are the exact reasons his little brother doesn't liker her. Cross fire in a way.

Other than that, I like this show because it's light with a little fanservice really the level of a teenager, energy is flowing well, art is nice and is well suited.
    I'll keep watching it for, because it has got lot of positive energy for the moment.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

She's good comedy relief though, just like Kusada. One has a special talent to put girls to sleep so he can molest them (luckily for her, Misaki is a bit overpowering), and the other is just as much of a freak. While that is definitely creepy, he's a pervert, so we can probably forgive him for that.

For comedy, I love two-faced characters like Ayumi (I hate them in dramas). She's really sweet to Mamoru, pretending to be all cute and shy, only to kick Kusada's ass with a Lightning Elbow, and later apologize sweetly, only to race off enraged, cursing her brother.

Quote Originally Posted by David75
    Well she doesn't like him, and will probably never, we shall see. So there's no point in not rejecting him once she's safe he won't do her any harm, is there? Choose 6 months of suffering with a clear no, or 4 years of uncertainty and frustration? first option is clearly the best. And with torturing hormones, the sharper the break, the better.
    There's nothing wrong with rejecting Misao since Ayumi didn't like him. What I didn't like about it was that all she thought was "Shit, will he kill me if I say now?"...then later, when she found out he won't, the response was like "Good lord, I'm glad I got rid of THAT hunk of junk." She didn't feel any empathy either when she reflected on how she said "GTFO of my life!".

My problem with her is that she had ZERO consideration for Misao's feelings, not that she rejected him.

There's nothing wrong with rejecting Misao since Ayumi didn't like him. What I didn't like about it was that all she thought was "Shit, will he kill me if I say now?"...then later, when she found out he won't, the response was like "Good lord, I'm glad I got rid of THAT hunk of junk." She didn't feel any empathy either when she reflected on how she said "GTFO of my life!".

My problem with her is that she had ZERO consideration for Misao's feelings, not that she rejected him.
    I was actually like super disappointed and pretty saddened by the way they treated Misao in the entire first episode.. like I was expecting much more of her seeing his gentle side and accepting him for that, than her kicking him and then the episode ending and then this episode she's saying that she rejected him.

I really liked the generic obnoxious girl-obsessed perverted friend. usually I don't really like them, but this guy seems alright. don't mind him at all.

ahhh, the webs getting bigger.. i wonder how big they can make this thing . gonna be an interesting series to follow.

user posted image

Quote Originally Posted by Pandadice
    I really liked the generic obnoxious girl-obsessed perverted friend. usually I don't really like them, but this guy seems alright. don't mind him at all.
    This guy's the perverseness is near shameful, but you know, he's one almighty hell of a friend. His hormones are fluctuating off the charts, yet he's still got enough in him to not steal Mamoru's girl. He's scheming and what-not for his buddy's future happiness, and all he asks for return is to get a nib himself.

"I'll come right after you."

Where do you find friends like that?

I'm liking this series more than K-On at the moment. The humour isn't any worse, and the prospect of actual romances entices me. Though I suppose it's anybody's guess whether they're destined to happen or not. Especially seeing how most of the characters seem to like somebody, who might already be liking someone else.

In Ayumi's defense here I've to note that her feelings are greatly immature in any case. She has a girl's manga notion of dating and romances and is only dreaming of a guy straight out of one (which Mamoru apparently is in her opinion). She rejected Misao so easily, because she simply didn't possess the sensibilities to even think otherwise. Misao was as far from her flimsy and superficial sense of romance as you could get.

I'm still not sure Saki-nee hasn't realised Mamoru likes her. She noticed him hanging at her school, looking at her, and surely she has seen how nervous he is in her company. Maybe she doesn't think anything of it or maybe she's waiting for Mamoru to make the first move to give any kind of an answer. Who knows.