Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: K-On!

I really liked the first episode. I thought all four of the main girls were well designed and the screenplay is just to my liking.

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    well, it was a bit more childish than i was expecting. what with the initial falling down in the beginning and stuff.. but.. actually i really enjoyed this episode. I think that the sound effects and falling down at the beginning is like the only complaint i could give. this is pretty much exactly what i was expecting.. it's awesome.

user posted image

Episode one subbed by Aasasubs:

http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=57432

Another subb by qq Fansubs(I dont know if these guys are part of gg):

http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=57616

For the qq fansubs you might have to reinstall vlc if your using that.
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Oh, btw the version from CoalGuys is a bit blurry... or more exactly the colour is a bit faint or pale
    Is it because of the quality they use or are all the versions like this? (from qq and Asasubs for example?)

It seems that way to me, but so far im still liking the Coalguy translations better then qq, I have to check out asasubs before I decide who to stick to.
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    hmmm the Asasubs-one is a bit less blurry but the subs are hard to read for me.. the font they use is so twirly..

I guess I'll stay with Coalguys for now.

Is it too early to say this could be series en fuego?
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Moe!!?? I'm so onto this . I like the main cast, especially ...Moi? The black haired girl? Anyway, looking forward to the next light, enjoyable episode. This actually reminds me of Bamboo Blade but with different settings and characters.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

$80 to watch cars pass by? I want that kind of job in my area, as boring as it seems! As for the episode, it was fun to watch. Each girl's special quality seems to empower each one of them, like Yui is Mio's source of determination.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Guys, this show is so..full...of...WIN!!!

Funny random moments, the abundance of moe moments, it just all works together to make one cute, heart-warming half hour. :3

K-On doesn't sacrifice plot for humour neither, and we're moving along just fine. It might not be the "best" show this season, but it's certainly my favourite. <3.

Current liking of characters:

Mio > Yui > Mugi > Ritsu.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadouku
    $80 to watch cars pass by? I want that kind of job in my area, as boring as it seems!
    Indeed, sign me up.

Haha. Mio was too cute when she was imagining what kind of job she would have. I can understand her feelings as I am nervous around people as well. I laughed when Ritsu started rocking out on the car counter thing. Things worked out well for Yui. I wasn't expecting her to get it that way. Good episode.

This show needs to go into series en Fuego

Somehow I think Yui learned quite a lot in one evening of posing in front of a mirror, considering she barely knew what a guitar is before buying one, and especially considering what a hopeless case of a wreck she is...

I'm beginning to think this show will beat even Lucky Star in scarcity of male characters, though.

Yeah, if Yui only had the guitar one night and was mostly taking pictures of it, she seems to be a pretty fast learner. Most people who never played an instrument in their life don't make that much progress in a single night.

While going into this episode, my preference was Mio > Mugi > Yui > Ritsu, leaving it was definitely Yui > Mio > Mugi > Ritsu.

Yui is just so damn cute, and falling in love with a Gibson Les Paul at first sight is totally awesome. The guitar by the way, definitely said Fender the first time she saw it. I thought I was hallucinating for a second. Returning the money also showed how much she seems to have grown since the beginning of the first episode. Having a younger sister that is taller than she is and who looks like Suzume from Munto is a plus too.

I liked all the rich girl scenes and comments (espeically from Yui) about Mugi, which climaxed when she used her huge eyebrows to get a 200,000 yen discount. We knew there was a reason for those.

But in the end, Mio's shyness is too overpowering. It's just too much of a contrast from her outspoken bursts at Ritsu in the first episode, and that she's the vocalist in the music video style ED.

Ritsu is last only because she really didn't have too much to do until the end of the episode, where she completely redeemed herself. I have done that exact thing with the ripping the protective plastic off where somebody left in on for months...on cell phones anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBladeChild
    This show needs to go into series en Fuego
    I don't know...I've always liked discussing things linearly like now.

Meh, whatever the mods feel like. I'm seriously considering a change of avatar right now.

Regarding Mugi's bartering scene, I thought at first the assistant was going to fall for the "charm" trick, which would have been really out of place.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Fri, 04-10-2009 at 06:23 AM.

I'm starting to think these characters are TOO cute. D: To the point where the producers probably sit there for hours trying to think of millions of ways to make the characters look cute in each episode.. I wish the pace was just a tad bit faster.

ep 1 -> form club, eat cake
    ep 2 -> buy guitar, eat cake
    ep 3 -> something mundane, eat cake?
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Oh dear god.

Somehow, this feels like it's going to be better than Lucky Star. The characters are so awesome it's not funny. Mio is definitely funniest of them all. Her shyness is public was hilarious, with the scene with her imagining the potential jobs. All the characters fit well together, and Yui and her sister seem get along as well as our LS sisters. The similarities are right there, but I like the fact that this has a discernable plot with the guitars.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Too bad we get the Older sister, Ui seemed more interresting to me, but we won't get much of her I guess.

I enjoyed that ep.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.