Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manga: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle

Well... they sometimes do go on exact parallel... but taking into account that xxxHOLiC releases erratically once or twice a month, contrary to Tsubasa's weekly publication (when they aren't taking constant breaks that is...)...

We'll probably get at least 5 more chapters of xxxHOLiC wraping Watanuki's story versus 10 to 15 chapters of Tsubasa wrapping up the battle with Fei Wong Reed and Syaoran's reunion with Sakura.

I also wish to see more of CCS Sakura and Syaoran...

Lets see... the series is finishing... so I guess its safe to assume this 'main' characters of other series never appeared on Tsubasa:
    - Suu from Clover
    - Kobato from... Kobato
    - Main guys from Clamp Campus Paranormal Investigators

I don't remember who else... this very chapter finally added Hikaru.

We've seen Kamui and Fuuma (X), Akira (20 Menso ni Onegai), the Detective Trio (Clamp Campus Detectives), Chunnyan (Legend of Chunyan?), Chi (Chobits), Misaki and Hikaru (Angelic Layer... although the Deus only in backgrounds), Sakura (CCS... obviously...), Watanuki (xxxHOLiC) and probably some more I don't remember...

I need to buy this manga...

ARGH!!!

They just HAD to do that didn't they? They just had to create that uber complex paradox didn't they??

http://www.onemanga.com/Tsubasa_Rese...hronicles/223/
    Chapter 223 made my brain die.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    ARGH!!!

They just HAD to do that didn't they? They just had to create that uber complex paradox didn't they??

http://www.onemanga.com/Tsubasa_Rese...hronicles/223/
    Chapter 223 made my brain die.
    This is weird. So Clone Syaoran and Clone Sakura got sent to another universe/time where they gave birth to Syaoran. Syaoran grows up and will encounter Clow Sakura and start the Tsubasa Chronicle storyline again.

The ones who came to help, the ones who locked themselves up all this time....I thought they were C.C. Sakura and C.C. Syaoran? Plus, they don't look the same.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Forgive the paradox as I TRY to explain this.

- Alternate Sakura is born on Alternate Earth
    - Alternate Syaoran is born on Alternate Earth
    - Alternate Sakura knows she needs to look for someone. When she travels to Alternate Hong Kong she finds Alternate Syaoran.
    - Alternate Sakura and Alternate Syaoran marry.
    - Alternate Sakura gives birth to Tsubasa Syaoran
    - Alternate Sakura dreams of Card Captor Sakura.
    - Card Captor Sakura gives Alternate Sakura her Sakura Staff

- Alternate Sakura meets Yuuko and wishes to send Alternate Syaoran to Clow Country because of her profetic dream (which in fact is her memories) paying with the Sakura staff
    - Tsubasa Syaoran meets Tsubasa Sakura
    - Tsubasa Sakura is about to lose her life when Fei Wong Reed stops her time.
    - Tsubasa Syaoran is thrown back to his world.
    - Tsubasa Syaoran wishes to return to Clow Country, rewinding time. His payment... to not see his parents?
    - Alternate Sakura and Alternate Syaoran wish to protect their child. Yuuko rewinds their time and freezes them.
    - Tsubasa Syaoran is captured and cloned. Clone Syaoran is born.
    - Tsubasa Sakura is cloned. Clone Sakura is born.
    - When Tsubasa Syaoran awakens, Clone Syaoran becomes a puppet.
    - Clone Sakura and Clone Syaoran die.
    - Yuuko uses the last of her magic to send Clone Sakura and Clone Syaoran back in time. Clone Sakura becomes Alternate Sakura and Clone Syaoran becomes Clone Syaoran.
    - Paradox eternus
    - Clone/Alternate Syaoran will protect his son/original
    - Clone/Alternate Sakura protects her son and her original/daughter-in-law-to-be?

@___@

- Alternate Sakura is born on Alternate Earth
    - Alternate Syaoran is born on Alternate Earth
    - Alternate Sakura knows she needs to look for someone. When she travels to Alternate Hong Kong she finds Alternate Syaoran.
    - Alternate Sakura and Alternate Syaoran marry.
    - Alternate Sakura gives birth to Tsubasa Syaoran
    - Alternate Sakura dreams of Card Captor Sakura.
    - Card Captor Sakura gives Alternate Sakura her Sakura Staff
    - Alternate Sakura meets Yuuko and wishes to send Alternate Tsubasa Syaoran to Clow Country because of her profetic dream (which in fact is her memories)
    - Tsubasa Syaoran meets Tsubasa Sakura
    - Tsubasa Sakura is about to lose her life when Fei Wong Reed stops her time.
    - Tsubasa Syaoran is thrown back to his world.
    - Tsubasa Syaoran wishes to return to Clow Country, rewinding time. His payment... to not see his parents?
    - Alternate Sakura and Alternate Syaoran wish to protect their child. Yuuko rewinds their time and freezes them.
    - Tsubasa Syaoran is captured and cloned. Clone Syaoran is born.
    - Tsubasa Sakura is cloned. Clone Sakura is born.
    - When Tsubasa Syaoran awakens, Clone Syaoran becomes a puppet.
    - Clone Sakura and Clone Syaoran die.
    - Yuuko uses the last of her magic to send Clone Sakura and Clone Syaoran back in time. Clone Sakura becomes Alternate Sakura and Clone Syaoran becomes Clone Alternate Syaoran.
    - Paradox eternus
    - Clone/Alternate Syaoran will protect his son/original
    - Clone/Alternate Sakura protects her son and her original/daughter-in-law-to-be?
    Yep, just fixed a few minor typos, but that makes sense to me.

Except why Yuko rewinded Alternate Sakura/Syaoran's time. I thought they were just frozen, which obviously isn't the case as we can see, but did they really specify to rewind?

Ack at the typos.

Their time was rewinded because it was 'fated'. Since they are the clones... the needed to be the same age they were when they 'died'.

Or maybe it was just CLAMP fucking our brains.

One thing Im curious about... where is Watanuki? Alternate Earth? Or Real Earth?

Clow Reed was obviously on Real Earth before he left for Clow Country... but did Yuuko live there as well? What about Fei Wong Reed?

Because Alternate Sakura and Alternate Syaoran can't have been on Real Earth... because that would mean there were two Sakura and Syaoran... or that the Hikaru, Umi and Fuu with Alternate Sakura are the real ones.

AGH!! I give up trying to explain this series...

Finally some confirmation on the REAL Card Captor Sakura!!

http://www.onemanga.com/Tsubasa_Rese...nicles/224/01/

So she WAS the one to entrust Clone Sakura with the Sakura staff... nice!!

And its funny that even Clone Syaoran says how it can be possible for his own son to be his original... paradox FTW!!

Ah... fucking CLAMP is taking yet another fucking brake...

Well, good of them to confirm what we've been thinking, even if it did seem to make sense, you can't ever be too sure with these guys

I guess I'll have ot wait and see, because I got no clue what Sakura meant when she suggested how they could break the cycle, or how it can be done by THEM (clones).

Totally forgot about this for a few weeks and finally caught up to chapter 228.

I can't wait to see this animated. Good as the manga is, the panels are often too messy to see exactly what's going on. Now that the clones and the original are packed together, I can't tell who's who anymore, not that it really matters now.

Blog Entries
    Should i read this or watch the anime?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    Should i read this or watch the anime?
    If you want to see the story "properly" right from the start (as in with the right tones and seriousness), I'll suggest the manga. If you want to get this over with quickly, go manga.

If you're like me, and prefer the animated medium and have some time on your hands, and don't mind seeing it toned down a bit (for the first 50 episodes), then the anime isn't a bad watch.

I would normally have recommended the manga outright, but the anime had some good soundtracks. I've also found the later chapters kind of messy and hard to follow art-wise. I don't know if that was the case for the earlier chapters because I didn't read them, hence my recommendation.

What I will say is, whether you watch the anime or not, to watch the OVAs: Tsubasa Tokyo Relevations (3 eps), and Tsubasa Shunraiki (2eps). They portray the tones of the manga accurately, and I really enjoyed them, in particular, Tokyo Relevations.

The anime has a superb OST, as Bill points out, but its full of filler. Half of the episodes never happened in the manga. So... go manga.

I do agree that the latter chapters have been a mess art-wise. I just want for them to get over with the battle already so we can advance the plot.

Yeah, it was a so-so ending, much like the Anime endings where they pretty much finish the way they started.

It wasn't emotional or anything, but I always suspected Fei Wong had a crush on the Yuko ever since he wanted to revive her. Glad that's sorted.

It wasn't much of a conclusion for Kurogane and Tomoyo's relationship neither.

Thank god for epilogues!!!

http://www.onemanga.com/Tsubasa_Rese...onicles/232.5/

Now this IS a better ending.
    Quite a surprise with their real names. But I should have seen that one coming.

xxxHOLiC is already having a fastforward in time, several years after this, so I guess we will probably see more of the Tsubasa Characters over there.

Thank god for epilogues!!!

http://www.onemanga.com/Tsubasa_Rese...onicles/232.5/

Now this IS a better ending.
    Quite a surprise with their real names. But I should have seen that one coming.

xxxHOLiC is already having a fastforward in time, several years after this, so I guess we will probably see more of the Tsubasa Characters over there.
    Oh, the epilogue and the last chapter were published separately? Good thing I read it together , but yeah, otherwise just the ending by itself would have been very bad.

So even though Tsubasa already ended, and several years have passed on the xxxHOLiC world... they talk about the Tsubasa characters and what they are doing in xxxHOLiC 192

http://www.onemanga.com/xxxHolic/192/