Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gundam 00 Season 2 Episode 22

My thoughts on final battles in light of this episode:

- Halleujah/Soma vs. Andrei and then a pack of the clone army with Sergei.
    - Setsuna vs. Ribbons (remember he's supposed to be the 0's old pilot, so he must be good).
    - Tieria vs. Hilling Care and one other Innovator, maybe Regene, maybe lots of clones too.
    - Lyle vs. Anew's Twin (forgot name) and then packs of clones.
    - Ali vs. no one, he's a survivor, and Sunrise is lame.

(If others have been alive, I'm going to cover the bases and posit Sergei's survival as well.)

Alternatively:
    - Lyle vs. Ribbons
    - Setsuna vs. everyone (transmitting Marina's horrible song)
    - Hal/Soma vs. Andrei stopped by Sergei, and then as one big family against the clone army.
    - Tieria vs. All remaining named Innovators.
    - Saji vs. Louise (somehow, maybe the 0?), and then the two together vs. Ali (he did kill Saj's sister after all) [longshot]

Third Scenario:
    - Setsuna vs. Ribbons then spreading the love, and finally Ali in the final bout.
    - Hal/Soma vs. Andrei again stopped by Sergei.
    - Saji and Louise (after coming releaving her of Ribbon's influence from Setsuna's fight) vs. clone army
    - Tieria vs. clone army, Regene and Hilling Care
    - Lyle vs. Anew's Twin (forgot name)

Hal is also assumed because Setsuna will surely be spamming his GN particles.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Tue, 03-10-2009 at 06:42 PM. Reason: RZ called me out, I realized my dumbass mistake, but I'm not backing down just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    My thoughts on final battles in light of this episode:

- Halleujah/Soma vs. Andrei and then a pack of the clone army with Sergei (I can't believe he's alive, that's so stupid)
    I really wonder how you came to the conclusion that Sergei is alive. I really do.

Let's say I wasn't paying attention and mistook Kati's mole for Sergei. An honest and an embarrassing mistake, but I won't discount it yet, given how the Feldt prediction came true.

However...it is Sunrise, it is Gundam. No pilots ever truly die. Only spies and other mobile-suitless characters.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Tue, 03-10-2009 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    - Saji vs. Louise (somehow, maybe the 0?), and then the two together vs. Ali (he did kill Saj's sister after all) [longshot]
    Saji has been against revenge and violence all the time, and only fights to save Louise, and likely now a world where he can be with Louise without warring. Furthermore, Saji's sister hasn't been mentioned ever since the first season. Lastly Ali could probably beat them with a single handgun and no mobile suit, no matter their equipment.

I'm having slight difficulties fitting Ali anywhere here, because if he does appear, it almost has to be against Setsuna, as the relationship between those two is a years old but still festering wound. For Setsuna. Ali is a high realist and opportunist, and he's probably just amused and pleased how Setsuna is still fighting and killing. However, Setsuna's primary enemy is Ribbons, because defeating Ali doesn't actually mean anything in the big picture: he's just a merc. And Ribbons himself who won't go down without a fight, which should be the last, culminating fight.

So, will Ali be rendered to nothing but a stepping stone? Whatever the case, if he has got a good mecha for himself, nobody but Setsuna should be able to stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    I really wonder how you came to the conclusion that Sergei is alive. I really do.
    Sunrise can't be trusted to actually kill characters it portrays as being killed except (maybe) by declaring the franchise itself dead. Thus there's no reliable evidence to dispute the possibility that Sergei will come back, having been conveniently rescued by and then defecting with Kati and Patrick after the elevator incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Saji has been against revenge and violence all the time, and only fights to save Louise, and likely now a world where he can be with Louise without warring. Furthermore, Saji's sister hasn't been mentioned ever since the first season. Lastly Ali could probably beat them with a single handgun and no mobile suit, no matter their equipment.

I'm having slight difficulties fitting Ali anywhere here, because if he does appear, it almost has to be against Setsuna, as the relationship between those two is a years old but still festering wound. For Setsuna. Ali is a high realist and opportunist, and he's probably just amused and pleased how Setsuna is still fighting and killing. However, Setsuna's primary enemy is Ribbons, because defeating Ali doesn't actually mean anything in the big picture: he's just a merc. And Ribbons himself who won't go down without a fight, which should be the last, culminating fight.

So, will Ali be rendered to nothing but a stepping stone? Whatever the case, if he has got a good mecha for himself, nobody but Setsuna should be able to stop him.
    That's why I find it more likely that Ali won't fight anyone.

Concerning my longshot scenario, we can't underestimate how much Louise has improved. She went from a ground-pounder to a killer soaking her proverbial blades on civilians and in revenge. The civilians weren't direct as the fight with Nena was, but she was nevertheless complicit in it, a counterpoint to her whining about the random terrorists from season 1. Granted a great deal of her current prowress is due to Ribbons' influence as well as the advantages she has in that beast of a mobile suit, but she's not nearly as helpless as Saji.

As for Saji's sister, she was mentioned in this season. After he was picked up by CB, he went off on it again in one of his fits directed at Setsuna.

Perhaps we may even see a weakened Setsuna 00 approached by Ali, only to be shoved away by Graham, who rediscovered his honor and will go out fighting for someone else, rather than himself.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Tue, 03-10-2009 at 06:13 PM. Reason: spelling errors that change the meaning, I'm going to quit before things get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    Sunrise can't be trusted to actually kill characters it portrays as being killed except (maybe) by declaring the franchise itself dead. Thus there's no reliable evidence to dispute the possibility that Sergei will come back, having been conveniently rescued by and then defecting with Kati and Patrick after the elevator incident.

That I completely agree. Mai Hime and Code Geass come to mind...

But Sunrise sometimes do let characters die... like the blonde girl at Mai Otome. Can't remember her name... Elle or something.

I actually thought Ryl confused the guy with Katharon with Sergei. He did look a lot like Hercules though...

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    Quote Originally Posted by Zell
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    So exploding cockpits don't mean instant death anymore? I swear the "Colonel" they mentioned was the Colonel.
    Right after the first appearance of Hercules-faced-character and Klaus, there was a dark room where a grunt addressed a shadowed figure as Colonel. I can only think of one person he can be.

I would timestamp if I had the episode on me right now.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Ah...my mistake then.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    here's how it's going to go down.

- Soma will almost kill Andrei, be stopped by Al. Andrei will deviously almost kill Al, but be killed by Marie. (or switch this scenario with Soma = Hal, Al = Marie, Marie = Al)

- Anew's twin will fight and be killed by New Lockon.

- Louise will almost kill Soma(if she's killed Andrei, otherwise almost sink the Ptolemy) but be stopped by Saji (in the 0 Gundam?)

-Ali shows

-Patrick will die defending Mannequin's battleship.

- New Lockon will scrap with Ali, no kills.

- Tieria confronts Regene. Ribbons Body Double 1 (maybe with Ali at his side?) shows and kills Regene.

-Saji and Louise have uniting tender moment.

- Ribbons Body Double 2 shows in Final Boss Mobile Armor. Nameless Katharon folk + Klaus die.

- Tieria kills Ali. Tieria is fatally wounded by Ali/Ribbons Body Double 1.

- Ribbons 2 in FBMA is vanquished by combined good guy strength. The Ptolemy is sunk in the battle. Misc minor good guys die. Everyone except Setsuna and Tieria are done here.

- Ribbons Body Double 2 re-emerges in One-Winged Angel Mobile Suit. He kills Marina.

- Tieria destroys Veda, even though it was the only thing that could have saved his life.

- Setsuna defeats Ribbons 2 using "I am Gundam + Song". His mech is ultra fucked up. Talks to Feldt. Final allusion to romance.

- final battle. Graham versus Setsuna. Most likely interrupted by Ghost Marina speaking to the world through the GN Particles about how peace and food and playing with puppies. (optional: Graham pulls a Kushrenada).

-epilouge. Peace at last. Kati is raising her and Patrick's baby. Sumeragi runs an AA clinic with Billy. Saji (with Louise at his side) narrating. Soma is with Al, who actually lost one of his eyes for good in the last battle. New Lockon is either being super cool loner and visiting Tieria/Old Lockon's grave (yaoi fans fawn) or doing some bullshit like volunteer work. Some kind of 'look Veda is gone for good, aw, remember Tieria? we totally never got into his gender issues' moment, minus the lack of gender issue. Feldt listening to Marina's song on the radio, vague "is that Setsuna?" moment. End.

edit - oh, i forgot to put something in there about there being a space fortress / doomsday weapon on/near Veda. That shit gets blown up, most likely when Tieria does in Veda and Ribbons Body Double 1.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

It was an entertaining read, but I don't really expect it to end that way, though I admit my Gundam knowledge is most likely more lacking than anybody else's in this thread. Patrick is a miracle survivor, you could say too stupid to die, so I don't expect him to die. He'll be still courting and making a fool of himself around Mannequin when the dust settles.

Assuming Ali even dies, why would Tieria be the one accomplishing it? He has got nothing to do with Ali. Ali's appearance might very well be as Ribbons's bodyguard. I can't really see many other roles for him that would still give some meaning to him and his undoubtly last fight (whether he dies or not). He might be luckier dead, seeing how this series's happy end would be less conflicts.

I somehow don't see Soma killing Andrei. The way they handles Louise getting her revenge really shows that it doesn't make people any happier. I find it hard to believe they would intentionally repeat that lesson so soon. Still, I'm not saying Andrei shouldn't die. He's more or less a cursed man already.

Jesus is gonna show up in the form of Kira from GSeed and kill everyone.

True story, already seen it.

We're coming up on the final battle, every named good guy char needs someone to fight to create tension and drama during the battle. Tieria has relatively few connections with bad guys (I'm assuming Regene will be dead by 5 min into next ep) and so revenge for his bromance with Lockon I is probably his best hope of facing off against a named char and having a good reason to angst. Setsuna and Lockon II may also have bones to pick with Ali butthey both have bones with other named chars as well. Lockon II also bones with Revive and maybe even Hilling since he's rather anti-Innovater. Setsuna also has bones with Ribbons 'Dark Amuro' Almark (and hopefully will face his Dark Nu Gundam instead of an FBMA) as well as Louise (via Saji). Al/Hal doesn't really have bones with anyone named so he'll probably get shoehorned into fighting Hilling and a clone army while Soma deals with Andrei and more clones.

I just hope Veda's asteroid turns out to have a death ray. It wouldn't be a Gundam final battle if there wasn't a threat of a superweapon looming over the battlefield hastening the cast to defeat the enemy before all hell breaks loose.