Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 99

Naruto Shippuuden Episode 99

Last edited by Marik; Thu, 03-05-2009 at 09:41 AM.

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    i thought it was a pretty good episode.

guren might be able to like instantly turn anything into a crytal, and create tons of crystals, but her crystals sure are weak.

lol, i dunno what he was thinking when he sent Naruto off by himself.. i guess it's not like he really had many options. but that just never seems like a good idea to me. though this time it seems okay.

user posted image

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Tobi is the shit.

Despite the fillers going on for a little longer than I'd like, they haven't been too bad, and they are filling in some back story that wasn't in the manga. That seems like a reasonable way to adapt the manga to me.

The previews look good. Orochimaru, Lee, Sasuke, and maybe even some Akatsuki.
    Last edited by poopdeville; Thu, 03-05-2009 at 03:26 PM.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

Twas a nice episode. And yeah, her crystal style seems weak. It's a shame they're not diamonds.

Tobi reminds me of the wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man.

Tobi and Deidara made this episode great. Best episode of the filler so far.

really great episode, if they can keep it this interesting until the end I might reconsider this arc as the first successful filler arc in Naruto.

Tobi is one weird Akatsuki dude. I wonder what he can actually do, other than piss off Deidara the Armless Ninja. Considering he's Akatsuki, he should be able to kick major ass, despite his looks and goofiness.

Three tails seemed a lot more stupid than Nine tails or Gaara's One tail. More like a beast than a demon.

I laughed when kakashi said no one can survive better than naruto. I think kakashi is aware the naruto is the main character.

I enjoyed the ep also, it contained better dialogue for starters and a glimpse of Bijuu action is always nice. Guren's crystals looked more like glass, but it seems that the state of it is connected to her amount of chakra/health. I didn't nessecarily think it was a bad idea to send Naruto off alone. Kakashi's reasoning kinda made sense. From all the others, Naruto has better surviving capabilities, being healed by his Bijuu and all, should he be attacked by the Three-Tailed. Didn't know this was filler but am enjoying this.
    Last edited by Killa-Eyez; Thu, 03-05-2009 at 09:53 PM.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

It was a better episode than the others. Liked the 1080p release. I wonder where Kabuto disappeared to though...seemed like he was using a clone of his or something like that. I also liked seeing Tobi and whats-his-face. Wasn't there something about the 3 tailed beast in the manga? I could have sworn seeing some pictures of the 3 tail beast in the manga. This may be filler but looks like the 3 tailed beast bit of it is still canon from the manga.

I thought it was a great episode.

I think Guren is a badass. Everyone says her shit is fragile, but I think that's just how powerful the 3-Tails is. Her crystals worked fine on other ninjas.

She's shown, like, a dozen different jutsu now. That's like twice as many as Kakashi has shown.

Tobi silly.

Surprisingly good episode.
    Bijuu action was excellent. Akatsuki jokes are good. And Guren is growing on me despite being non-canon character.

I tend to agree with Darth about Gurren's crystals. It took Naruto's new combo jutsu to break them when Gurren was actively maintaining that giant barrier thing, and from what she said to Yuukimaru it seems the strength of the crystals is connected to her in some way. I would hypothesize that she has to subconsciously feed chakra to the crystals to maintain them at above natural hardness levels.

As to their strength when she is trying I can't really justify using a loss to a bijuu as an indicator that her technique is weak. That's like saying a top ranked professional sports team is crappy at their sport because they lost to a team of genetically enhanced cyborgs fueled by magic powers and alien technology.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I had a few laughs this episode:

1) Tobi
    2) Kakashi sending Naruto in - despite his reasoning that he'll be the diversion for the enemy while Naruto charges in, it ended up being:

Naruto charges in -
    Shino: It's safe -
    Kakashi: Okay, let's go

3) Kabuto - he sounded so heroic and all, going "Hurry, get the hell out of here", then he takes a hike himself .

Otherwise, pretty alright ep. I agree with the comment above that this Bijuu is more of a beast. It doesn't even talk.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    That's like saying a top ranked professional sports team is crappy at their sport because they lost to a team of genetically enhanced cyborgs fueled by magic powers and alien technology.
    Man,when are they gonna make THAT anime!

Ahaha....good ol' Tobi...
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

i didnt watch the last ep but i decided to watch this since pretty much everyone said it was great...and after watching it i just have to agree, it was indeed great^^

Tobi was crazy...crazy awesome! Can't wait to see what he does in battle-mode lol

Guren is actually alright for a filler character but i still dont like that kid :/

And yeah..."We better split up into to teams...Naruto you go alone"....what the fuck? :P

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Penner
    And yeah..."We better split up into to teams...Naruto you go alone"....what the fuck? :P
    I thought it was a questionable decision. On the other hand... with the whole shadow clone thing plus summoning, you could argue that naruto is indeed a 'team'.

Quote Originally Posted by Penner
    Ahaha yeah thats great. They should have done that from the start:

Ok let's split into two teams...Naruto, you stay in the village.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

just a heads up, the OP changes April 2nd and is done by the same band as Blue Bird.. hopefully that will mean the end of the fillers

OP: (April - September)

いきものがかり 「ホタルのヒカリ」
    Ikimonogakari - "Hotaru no Hikari" ("Light of Firefly")

http://www.ikimonogakari.com/

ED: (April - July)

SUPER BEAVER 「深呼吸」
    SUPER BEAVER - "Shinkokyuu" ("Deep breath")

http://www.superbeaver.jp/
    Last edited by arondruiz; Sat, 03-07-2009 at 04:09 PM.