Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bleach 207

Though yes, it was slow, you gotta admit it was better then the last football arc, wasn't it? It contains important information about the anime and is brought in an entertaining manner.
    To each his own though, but I wouldn't mind fillers presented this way.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

Well, yes, but that's like being the thinnest kid at fat camp.

The problem was that it was the same joke repeated like 8 times. We get it. Hiyori doesn't accept Kisuke and she likes to kick things.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreal
    I interpreted his comment to mean that Ichigo can go Bankai without any serious negative consequences. But if he uses his hollow not only is it gone relativly fast compared to his Bankai but after it does go Ichigo is in a weakened state. So it's more advantagous for Ichigo to use his Bankai before he uses his Hollow.

However for Shinji who doesn't have a time limit on his hollow transformation (or at the very least a long amount of time in his hollow transformation) and who can dispel his hollow transformation and have no real illeffects it makes it more advantagous to use that instead of his Bankai.
    Thanks, my sentence got a little garbled towards the end there. =)

Even if Ichigo could use the mask without worrying about it going away or anything related, I'm sure that Bankai still makes him stronger so there really is no reason not to use it unless it is some sort of attempt to hide his strength. Also, from what we have seen of the captains Ichigo has a long way to go until he really understands his Bankai so using it has got to be useful in that sense too.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    Well, yes, but that's like being the thinnest kid at fat camp.

The problem was that it was the same joke repeated like 8 times. We get it. Hiyori doesn't accept Kisuke and she likes to kick things.
    True that. I laughed though.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreal
    I interpreted his comment to mean that Ichigo can go Bankai without any serious negative consequences. But if he uses his hollow not only is it gone relativly fast compared to his Bankai but after it does go Ichigo is in a weakened state. So it's more advantagous for Ichigo to use his Bankai before he uses his Hollow.

However for Shinji who doesn't have a time limit on his hollow transformation (or at the very least a long amount of time in his hollow transformation) and who can dispel his hollow transformation and have no real illeffects it makes it more advantagous to use that instead of his Bankai.

Yeah that makes sense. I can agree with that. Cant wait for the next episode! Bring it!!!

I still say Ichigo isn't using his Bankai. To me, it just looks like he activates it, but has no idea what his Bankai actually is. I don't consider side-effects such as being faster and having more power to be anything special. There's gotta be more to it than that. I'm sticking to my theory until proven wrong (ie. the series ends with no added Bankai badassery).

About the ep, it was fine. I liked it. They're definitely setting up for interesting possibilities in the future battle.

Well, nobody else's Bankai actually makes them faster.

I don't think Ichigo's bankai has any unrevealed powers. I think when the series gets to the Spirit King's court we're gonna find that all the royal guard have a level of release beyond Bankai.

Ichigo's bankai doesn't make him super fast. Byakuya can keep up with him, if he wants, and all the better arrancars as well, without any fancy skills. So, it would be pretty redundant bankai's main power to make him faster if he actually gets no faster than everybody else. Though I suppose it could make him faster than everybody else but being Ichigo he simply lacks the willpower to take everything out of it.

I have to disagree Kraco...Ichigo's bankai does make him superfast...as do other people's power ups etc etc. Its just everybody is so damn powerful now (which I quite enjoy) that the differences just get exaggerated.

And DarthEnder I think you hit the nail on the head! There has to be a level above Bankai! I am quite looking forward to the future developments of this show and manga.

And I also am of the belief that Ichigo's dad Isshin, was formerly of the Zero squad...

Why does there have to be a level above bankai? Frankly I think that would just be redundant. Just look at Yamamoto or Aizen for example, I would say that the most powerful zanpakuto we have seen so far has been Yamamoto's and that was just his shikai, Aizen too is another great example this guy dispatched other captains with chantless kido spells. I guess I should also say that I've never been a fan of powerups, I would much prefer to see characters training relentlessly to get stronger and learning to use what they have.

Anyway we have yet to see the bankais of Yamamoto, Soifon, Gin, Unohana, Aizen, Shunsui, and Ukitake. Excluding Soifon those are probably the strongest characters in the entire series, then there are still characters like Urahara and Isshin we have yet to see anything from, not to mention the vizards. So I think its much too soon to be calling for new power ups.

Oh and seeing as bankai means full release, I doubt we'll be seeing anything beyond that.
    Last edited by Abdula; Sun, 02-22-2009 at 10:11 PM.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Damn you do bring up a good point Abdula...but having said that...Ichigo needs to have a serious boost in power if there is no level beyond bankai to save his ass the way it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalrurouni
    Damn you do bring up a good point Abdula...but having said that...Ichigo needs to have a serious boost in power if there is no level beyond bankai to save his ass the way it is right now.
    He is plenty strong now that he can keep the mask up for a reasonable amount of time. Sure he won't be able to fight Aizen or maybe even anyone above Uliquorra on an even playing field but I would be seriously disappointing if he gets some sort of Shonen powerup right after the previous one came into effect. I'm expecting the Captains and Vaizards to pick up the slack.

What Ichigo would most need is to learn the basics. Unfortunately he would need a hundred years for that, but Aizen wasn't nice enough to grant him that much time.

Aizen: "Beware! A hundred years from now I will launch a surprise attack against Karakura town. Mwahahahaha!"
    Ichigo: "You bastard! I will make sure my grandchildren's children will be ready and waiting!"

Yeah I hope you are right Jessper. I would definitely love to see the Vaizards kicking some ass...though I dont think I will see them siding with the Soul Society shinigami...they probably hate them and all that...being banished and all from Soul Society.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalrurouni
    though I dont think I will see them siding with the Soul Society shinigami...they probably hate them and all that...being banished and all from Soul Society.
    Sometimes, old hatred must be put aside in order to defend a common goal. I can see the Vaizards still hating Soul Society for banishing them, but the reason is still unclear at this point, and Aizen's obviously a bigger threat than Soul Society itself.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Did we actually learn how hard they took their banishment? Looking at their personalities, back in the earlier eps of current time and now in the past and taking into account they adaptod heretical hollow powers, it could be they left partially willingly. It would probably have been suffocating for them to remain in SS in any case after the transformation. The only exception I can see to this is if circumstances forced them to become vaizards against their will, and especially if the hierarchy supported the change, and then they were chased out nonetheless afterwards.

Sorry, maybe I'm being forgetful here but do we know that they were banished at all?