Thread: Bleach 206

Bleach 206

[Dattebayo] Bleach - Episode 206: Download
    Last edited by Nadouku; Mon, 03-09-2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Changed the format of the episode download.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Holy shit that was an awesome episode! I been waiting for this arc for ages! Yay Kisuke!!! Possibly the coolest character in all of Bleachdom.

WOW, that's a lot of back story. Some very interesting stuff. For those who have read the Manga, how much of this episode was true or false?
    _

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick-DBZ-
    WOW, that's a lot of back story. Some very interesting stuff. For those who have read the Manga, how much of this episode was true or false?
    Its pretty close though I dont recall Kisuke being followed by Soifon around....

Very interesting episode. Can't wait for more of this.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalrurouni
    Its pretty close though I dont recall Kisuke being followed by Soifon around....
    Added humor or filler I guess. Can't wait for the next episode.
    _

It was a nice episode and an expansion of some character's past. I really liked how Soifon just follows Kisuke around and gets misunderstood by Yoruichi.

This is how Bleach should be. Fantastic episode.

Finally, some real backstory!

Didn't expect to see all those Vizard there(okay I did thanks to the spoilerific ending, but before I saw that, I wouldn't have thought they were Captains and Vice Captains). I actually thought Hiyori was the Vizards leader, but considering Shinji was a captain, I'm assuming he's probably more powerful than her. Anyway, I think I recognized FOUR of the captains(Shinji, The guy with the afro, the dude that looks like a chick with long blonde hair, and the short white haired guy), and two vice captains(Hiyori, and I think Shinsui's vice captain is the chick that's always reading hentai) as Vizards. It makes me wonder what the hell happened that turned most of the protection squads leaders in Vizards. Hopefully that's coming up.

I was actually expecting to see Ichigo's dad, but he wasn't there.

And I'm wondering if all this stuff Aizen is doing is just because of an inferiority complex for never getting promoted to the Royal Guard.

great episode,waiting for more

This was indeed a fine episode. I don't mind at all if the main story gets interrupted by stuff like this.

I have to say, though, that I was mightily surprised when that dude showed up as a captain. I thought them far too crafty and sly for such positions. I was sure they had been just some odd group of shinigami that ended up vaizards. Well, the collection of captains back then looks somewhat odd in general so why not...

Yoruichi and Soi Fong, though, haven't changed a bit!

Pretty much great on all fronts, and i seriously laughed out loud when they showed the close-up on Shinji making faces...good stuff

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

It's weird as hell seeing Aizen as Shinji's subordinate.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    It's weird as hell seeing Aizen as Shinji's subordinate.
    It also makes me wonder: did Aizen really plot that sabotage of Soul Society from that long ago? He clearly does have his evil intention, as noted at the end of the episode. I'm also wondering how he got Gin and Tousen on his side, too.
    Last edited by Nadouku; Thu, 02-12-2009 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Added punctuation.

Finally we reach the little patch of high ground in the sea of fail that Bleach has been sliding into lately. I hope they plan to stretch out this arc (well) instead of animating it at a normal pace and jumping back to more soccer match fillers.

I initially found the idea of the old guard of SS being so goofy and laid back a bit awkward but when you consider the amount of time that they've gone back it makes sense that maybe circumstances changed between then and the time we're familiar with which made the Shinigami more grim in general. The music Shinji was playing sounded like old old OLD jazz, the roots of which go back to the late 19th century putting the time jump about where the manga explicitly stated it was.

I'm wondering if whatever "the Vizored incident" ends up being is what causes them to crack down on the rules.