Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movie: Cowboy Bebop

Live-action Bebop with Keanu Reeves?
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ally-announced

Lol, seriously Keanu Reaves? Spike's too quirky for the actor best at not acting.

Why most the Usa come wit there fat finger's and do remakes of every little good thing that has come from asia ,Korea,japan ect.. not jsut Cowboy Bebop but Akira, Death note Ghost in the Shell and so on....

Forgot Astroboy and the Dragon Ball movie that's comeing soon jeez. just come up with ur own freaking story's us....

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkalash
    Why most the Usa come wit there fat finger's and do remakes of every little good thing that has come from asia ,Korea,japan ect.. not jsut Cowboy Bebop but Akira, Death note Ghost in the Shell and so on....

Forgot Astroboy and the Dragon Ball movie that's comeing soon jeez. just come up with ur own freaking story's us....
    Don't forgot our remake of Oldboy, starring Will Smith.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

It goes both ways you know? I'm pretty sure Asian countries do their own adaptations of American things and other countries. There are mangas coming out about X-Men, Batman, and I think there was a Spider-Man anime and there's also Peter Pan.

This is not how a 2004 thread about an awesome series should come back to 2009.
    It feels wrong.

Keanu Reaves ? Reaves as ... Spike Spiegel ?

Why not Angelina Jolie as Ed ?

Gods, please strike that dollar hungry retard that got the idea for the cast with a meteorite made out alien compressed shit.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Ah ya-ya... there they are again, the hobby-directors who can tell that everything is wrong from the beginning even though nothing is finished or even started yet.

who are you to decide if the cast is wrong or right and tell me, what exactly is wrong with Keanu Reeves?
    You guys should be happy that someone like him is showing interest.

it's going to be another movie created for the masses so accept that you will see even more "eye candy" ^^
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Thu, 01-15-2009 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33
    Ah ya-ya... there they are again, the hobby-directors who can tell that everything is wrong from the beginning even though nothing is finished or even started yet.

who are you to decide if the cast is wrong or right and tell me, what exactly is wrong with Keanu Reeves?
    You guys should be happy that someone like him is showing interest.

it's going to be another movie created for the masses so accept that you will see even more "eye candy" ^^
    I don't think you honestly wrote this post with actual knowledge of who Keanu Reaves is.

It's Neo, isn't it?

but the question is... why shouldn't he act as Spike?

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33
    It's Neo, isn't it?
    Yea it is, he was also in Constantine as well as the recent the Day the Earth Stood Still. If you watched him in those, you would know where we're coming from.

But since I did not watch them, you could explain it to me...

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Lol, seriously Keanu Reaves? Spike's too quirky for the actor best at not acting.
    ^ What I posted earlier in this thread.

oh come on... never mind then, that's just stupid.

I doubt that someone, who won a stunt award, trained in several martial art, is too "passive" for spike.. especially if you consider that Spike is really uninterested in everything that's happening around him... not really a what you would call a "hero".

to be honest I think if you put in any other Actor as spike, you guys would still say the same thing.
    which actor would you like to see as Spike for example... and why?
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Thu, 01-15-2009 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    It goes both ways you know? I'm pretty sure Asian countries do their own adaptations of American things and other countries. There are mangas coming out about X-Men, Batman, and I think there was a Spider-Man anime and there's also Peter Pan.
    Okay there might be stuff likfe that :P havent thougt much about it, but the remake that bother's me most is departed.. adn then gettings freaking oscar's for it god dam.. im never gonna see departed..

About cowboy bebeop, only thing im hopeing for is that they keep the same type of music or even use the same comsoper's and grp, otherwise they can just drop dead..

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    the remake that bother's me most is departed.. adn then gettings freaking oscar's for it god dam.. im never gonna see departed...
    There's your problem right there. You're too caught up in AMERICA!!! to actually watch the Goddamn movie. Stop being so immature.

About cowboy bebeop, only thing im hopeing for is that they keep the same type of music
    Just for the record, Yoko Kanno, Bebop's composer, is notorious for ripping off other people's music. So much for originality.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    I'm pretty sure Asian countries do their own adaptations of American things and other countries.
    I would bring up Bollywood remakes of Western stuff, except Bollywood remakes have the perk of being unintentionally hilarious.

Also Turkish Star Wars and the Japanese Spider-Man.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    There's your problem right there. You're too caught up in AMERICA!!! to actually watch the Goddamn movie. Stop being so immature.

i woudnt say America rather Hollywood a bit, there are tons of good movies from Usa

If you didn't see The Departed and you're never going to see it just because you're upset about Hollywood's obsession with remakes, then you my friend are retarded.

Watch the damn movie!
    Last edited by Abdula; Thu, 01-15-2009 at 04:29 PM.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

@Parkalash
    Departed is such a good movie.. it's very close to the original, many Key-scenes have the same text.
    It's slighty adjusted for the "western world", that is why I think it has better Actors and a better ending.

but you are complaining about remakes, without seeing them first , that just proves that you are one of theses guys who are like. "Oh they make a remake of one of my favorite
    not so well-known anime/game/movie, I must express that I've watched the original and thus critizise everything they are doing in the remake and constantly proclaim how much better *this and that* is in the original (even though it isn't true)!"

I don't know how you call them... maybe... "Old People"? They tend to do the same thing.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Thu, 01-15-2009 at 05:38 PM.

yeye i get ur point thou in this case the only remake i havent watched is Departed

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    Just for the record, Yoko Kanno, Bebop's composer, is notorious for ripping off other people's music. So much for originality.
    I think of Yoko Kanno as the Quentin Tarantino of composers. Sure she rips off a lot of styles, but that doesn't mean her muscial scores aren't good. She's really skilled at taking a lot of work together and mashing it into something that is as classic on its own. It's better than Yuki Kajura where every single soundtrack sounds pretty much the same (really good, but they still all sound alike).

As for the Bebop live-action, I actually think Reeves could do really well if he goes back to his roots. Spike is one of the most laid-back morons in space there ever was. A lot like a surfer. Keanu Reeve's body of work is not always as monotone as people like to think. Spike is laid back, a bit of a comedy-relief asshole, who gets pretty ruthless (or selfless) when things turn sour.

But the movie has to be taken seriously during production, like the resurgence of superhero movies that take themselves seriously. Batman Begins, Watchmen, and others like it that may be based off mediums usually referred to as "kid's stuff."