Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bleach 202

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    This kind of a "power-up" was just the right amount for Kenpachi to beat someone like Nnoitra. Nnoitra was only the number five Espada, nothing more.
    Nothing more? He's about 1000 times stronger than Ichigo was when Ichigo beat Kenpachi.

Which brings us to the huge plothole in all this...why they fuck didn't Kenpachi use two hands against Ichigo?

That probably bothers me more than anything else. That his powerup isn't even new. He's using a powerup he learned centuries ago. At least everyone else is using shit they learned recently. His character growth since his loss to Ichigo has been exactly zero.

Kenpachi wasn't aiming to defeat an opponent (Ichigo) by any means necessary during the SS arc. He was just looking for a good fight. If he had used two hands back then, based on this fight, Ichigo would be long dead now and we would probably have a much better main character. A real pity he didn't use two hands, but it can't be helped. In this fight we saw that change just a little bit, and Zaraki really aimed to defeat Nnoitra.

Nnoitra surely was more powerful than Ichigo. You don't actually need to be much to be stronger than a blockhead who has an aversion to fighting and cutting. It's just the story that sometimes forces characters to lose to Ichigo despite logic and expectations.

But yeah, I would also like more character development for Kenpachi.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    In this fight we saw that change just a little bit, and Zaraki really aimed to defeat Nnoitra.
    Actually, even now that doesn't seem to be the case. He says it himself, "If this keeps up, I'm gonna die. And I don't wanna die."

Even now I don't think he actually cares if he wins or if he beats Noitra. He still just wants a good fight, but he doesn't want to die in the process, so now he's using his "full" power(which I bet even now isn't his full power and the next arc he has to fight he'll pull out something else stupid he was doing to hamstring himself "This time, I'm gonna put on my more comfortable shoes! *HUGE POWERUP*!").

That could be, but I think that sentence is a small change. While it seems Kenpachi isn't too concerned about finishing his enemies, as he hopes they can fight again some other day, he still realises every fight is basically a fight to death. For him to separately mention that should be a sign of something.

And if he's going to fight another Espada, two hands might not be enough anymore. Number 5 already required that so something like number two or one should be exceedingly hard in comparison. Assuming the particular power and style of the next opponent (if there is one) isn't perfectly suited for Kenpachi and thus actually easier.