Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Piece Episode 384

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dragon
    maybe it's a good thing that One Piece doesn't all the attention Naruto does since the last thing i want to see is a bunch of kids running around with strawhats while screaming "gum gum pistol".
    Its not a good thing when Viz has only published 20 out of 50 One Piece Volumes in 5 years, yet in the same time (or less) has published 40+ of Naruto. They are speed-releasing the manga now, to get on 'current' with Viz Stream and CrunchyRoll. The Naruto manga will be on the current manga arc by april in english. While One Piece will take another 4 years minimum to get to Water 7.

At least One Piece has a decent licenser now (Funimation). 4kids bullshit leaves a bad taste.

I watched Naruto before One Piece. And when friends recommended One Piece to me a couple years back, I would be like hell nah. I remembered watching the horrible 4kids garbage on Fox Kids to try it out and I wanted to slam my head against my desk. Though eventually I got around to watching the sub, and haven't looked back.

Im on the same boat animus. I couldn't see One Piece thanks to the damn dub... because that version was the one translated to spanish. Then I kept seeing good comments of it here... so I tried the first episodes,subbed, and got hooked... watched the first 333 episodes in less than a month or so.

And yes... Im buying Funimation's DVDs.

I just now got volume 2 because it FINALLY dropped to $25 on Amazon after staying $42 for like 3 months.

4kids have totally ruined the series, at least in my country. People will quite often ask me which animated shows I like to watch, and when I mention One Piece firstly they don't know it, and when they eventually remember it they say "you mean the one with that shitty little kid with the stretchy arms, that stupid pirate that can't even swim? How can you like that show?".

I hate you 4kids, now and forever.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

I've had similiar reactions from people when I tell them about the show, they seem to remember seeing a few episodes on TV and having bad memories of it. I remember getting into the show when it was already in the 200's and thinking how tough it was going to be to watch it all, and even nearly quit watching it in the beggining 'cause I couldn't stand how 'old' it looked. Now I know how stupid I was, as it's probably my favourite anime of all and these days I'd kill for a new series to watch that was this long/good. Even the filler is good, I quite liked this episode and I'm looking forward to this next arc everyone says is so good. Hope some big events occur!

Ohh man shit's about to get real. Do you feel it?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I'm excited just to hear the voices they give to the new characters.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    Ohh man shit's about to get real. Do you feel it?
    Well the new arc is giving Assertn a boner so it should be awesome on a whole new level
    Last edited by Archangel; Sun, 01-18-2009 at 12:09 PM.

The next arc is best watch weekly and not in one sitting, as "that" will explode if watching next arc in one go. And Oda was cheap and didn't put much stress relieving content so prepare for roller coaster's loop after loop.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender