Thread: TV: The Flight of the Conchords

TV: The Flight of the Conchords

Anyone seen this series from HBO? Hilarious comedy about two musicians from New Zealand. Absurd and wacky and clever everyday stuff, plus music montages. I've only seen through episode 2, but here's hoping it continues to be great.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Yea, I've caught all of them so far, really funny stuff. Classic British comedy. But the BBC radio series was a bit funnier (if you can find it). Its pretty similar to the show.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    It is indeed a really funny show. Episode one from season two aired last week. I streamed it on tv.com's homepage.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Rhyme-noceros and Hiphop-potamus. Priceless.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I love this show so much. My favorite character is probably Murray, and my kitchen now has a "talking stove" who suggests baking cakes to cheer people up.

I actually caught episode 1 of season 2 a few weeks ago. HBO was promoting it on Youtube. I actually thought the humor was kinda flat. I hope they can come back stronger.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

I'm still watching this show, they're on episode 4 of season 2. It's still funny and clever, but the humor seems more deliberate now, rather than the coincidental feeling it had before.

I encourage you to grab their season 1 album too. It's great.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by The Heretic Azazel
    I encourage you to grab their season 1 album too. It's great.
    I wondered early on how the songs would hold up without the funny video images to support them.

Watched episode 5, oh man, best episode in a while. Lots of Australia bashing, great songs (Too Many Dicks on the Dance Floor, Jemaine's Exes Song), funny funny stuff. Dave is great and Jemaine is hilarious in this episode.

Wow, those were the best songs they might have ever released. The harmony, in particular on Jemaine's Exes song, was wonderful.

Goin to a party, sippin a Bacardi, I wanna meet a hotty but it's Adam, Steve and Marty.. it's been stuck in my head for days

Oh man, I feel like I've been gut-punched. I just read that the show will end after the 2nd season, and there will only be 10-12 episodes total in season 2. It feels like when you lose a good friend(s). This sucks.