Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Akikan!

PhoAnime is decent, but they have kind of a bad typesetting. They are readable and translate some lines as well as they can, but the overall feel to it is only mediocre to Chihiro's subbing, which I find a little better.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Chihiro version of Ep 10

Last edited by Marik; Tue, 03-24-2009 at 03:42 PM.

A useless episode for sure. The only thing I liked was the cat, especially the scene where it played with Budoko's hair. It was pretty cat like.

Budoko should indeed keep her hair down from now on. Though maybe the strange hair style suits better her behavior.

Wow... this episode was awesome. The strongest Akikan has appeared and just literally ate the three main Akikan girls up. Now, I feel sympathetic for Kakeru. He just lost someone important to him, but the battle's not over yet!

I didn't feel particularly sympathetic seeing how the dude just sit on the ground and stared while his precious akikan was eaten, trying to do nothing to prevent it. And then he had the audacity to cry afterwards, after his inaction. Now, I'm not saying he could have done anything at all, but he surely should have tried to throw sticks and stones if nothing else was at hand. Or more likely already earlier in the battle turn the enemy back into a can...

Well, this show was never really about fighting so I guess my expectations were completely off. And Kakeru never even showed any fighting spirit. I like how perverted he is, but I don't need to sympathise with him.

Particularly the part where Kakeru was surprised that his own Akikan was completely obliderated is where I sympathized with him. Being a "powerless" Owner, he could do nothing but wail at the sight of his Akikan being absorbed into someone else. Yea, I agree with you that he could have done something, as effortless as it may be, as so to provide a sense of fighting spirit in Kakeru himself. I guess that expectation was too much for a mostly perverted comedy/drama show.

I enjoyed this episode. I had been waiting for some serious fighting between Akikans to start, so this ep had just what I was looking for. Too bad it's only some Mixed Drink chick that doesn't have an owner. I would have liked to have seen some negative interactions between the owners of rival Akikans. The three main Akikan owners, get along with each other too well for me.

The beginning of the episode made me laugh. Even in her near death state, Airin-kun (<3) managed to pull off a Kizaki-desu.

I didn't expect it, but they actually managed to surprise me with this. The cliched owner would have surely been some douche, who just dumped Miku, but a cat... That was pretty funny.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting her owner to be a cat. Pretty generic fight and ending to this anime, but I wasn't expecting it to be great anyway. I'm gonna miss Airin-kun (Kisaki-desu <3). She and Yell were the only reasons I continued to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Anime News Network
    The official website for the television anime adaptation of Riku Ranjō and Hiro Suzuhira's Akikan! romantic comedy light novels has announced on Sunday that production on an Akikan! OAV project has been green-lit. More details will be announced later. The television anime ran in Japan from January 3 to March 28.

The story revolves around a typical high school boy named Kakeru Daichi and the can of melon juice soda that he bought from a vending machine. The can suddenly transforms into a beautiful but standoffish girl that Kakeru nicknames "Melon," and more "Akikan!" ("empty can" or "A-Machine") girls appear. However, Akikan! girls need to be infused with carbon dioxide from kissing to survive.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...for-production

Fabulous! Liked the ending, disappointed that Kakeru was stopped before he could pimp Miku into his harem, you can totally tell she was into him.

Heheh, a cat. Well, aside from that, an expected ending from a purely comedic anime. I look forward to this Original Animation Video that's coming out.

OVA approved by the tengu:

Akikan OVA - TSSMA

Strongly and suitably perverted.

Oh my, what a strong fanservice OVA. Pretty funny from start to end, especially when Otoya started chasing after Kakeru.

I'm downloading this purely because of the fanserservice.

Thanks shinta|hikari for the sig.