Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: White Album

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    TMD-Raze - Episode 25 SD | HD

I'll probably play catchup on this series soon.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

It's really disheartening to see Rina stuck in the hospital like that. I was hoping to see a showdown between her and Yuki at the Venus Festival.

Episode 26 or 13 END

[TMD-Raze]​ White​ Album​ -​ 26​ - 720p | 400p

Despite this entire season being a complete mess, they managed to resolve a lot with the single missing piece of Touya's memory. It turned what had been a confusing cryptic disaster into a manageable ending. I'm actually surprised how well it worked out once that memory was in place and thoroughly discussed with Akira.

Touya realized that Yuki has only ever been the true goddess, and Akira made him realize that all the others had been substitutes. Haruka will always be a little sister, Menou an older one (or an unrelated onee-san), Rina the older sister of a friend, Mana the much younger neighborhood girl with a crush on him, and Misaki a childhood friend.

They don't show the girl he meets in the end, but judging from the mirror, Rina is abandoning her pursuit for Yuki's sake. It makes sense, because no matter how much I would have liked to see Rina and Touya get together, she really didn't have that much screen time, and it was never meant to happy. Rina and Yuki are sisterly relationship, and that's kind of the way that Touya looks at her. He might be attracted to her, but she's that unobtainable girl one only sees on holidays or breaks. One that is nice to desire, but never realistically pursued.

I enjoyed the reuniting of the two sisters a lot. That they are sisters despite being separated for so long was fairly undeniable once the two were together in Echoes. They clash the way sisters do, but they both still like the same things and have similar tastes. It's still tough for me to get over that Menou is actually considerably older than Touya. She looks like she's Yuki's age, but she actually is probably older than Misaki. Mana has it too, so I guess that's just further proof they are sisters. Mana looks like she should be entering high school, but she's going to college. And with their mother apparently sacrificing herself to save Rina's brother, now they can go off and be a happy family.

That really only leaves Yayoi with a unresolved storyline, but she always sort of felt out of place. We did get a reaction out of her this episode, and she showed some actually emotion there during Yuki and Rina's performance.

All in all, not the best series, but they managed to pull through and make a decent ending out of it after all.