Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Manga: Change 123

This series could have used a single extra volume to spread this arc out a bit. The ending feels so rushed compared to the rest of the series, where the pacing was spot on.

I'm happy with the ending, but closing so many things in often a single panel each (Motoko's biological father, Sora, the fate of Motoko's family, the whole colors thing, etc) is weak. To use one of those examples, they hyped up the colors (red, blue, yellow, black, which is the strongest?) for volumes and end it with Botan stating twice how surprised she was the straight Red can beat Black no problem (therefore their philosophy of endlessly striving for Black is meaningless).

Blog Entries
    Rushed is the word indeed, but i think the series overall was good enough that i won't let this ruin it for me

It was a fighting manga and ended as suddenly as a fight. I admit Ryll makes a few good points there about largely wasted plot elements, but on the other hand they were not of utmost importance to the core idea of the latter times: Fusing Hifumi back into Motoko. The fight was what mattered and it was carried out nicely in my opinion. I didn't expect the old man to lose and he didn't.

Blog Entries
    I think the only real problem was the solving of so many plot points at the same time, it made the whole thing look too convenient.

Not to mention we didn't get to see Zero, who i'm pretty sure was also a personality who would have been part of the whole should the author had had more time.

Zero was eliminated when each part of HiFuMi became possessed by her one at a time. They were pretty explicit about that part. The three of them were "closer" to Zero than Motoko's surface personality, so they would ease into it by having the three of them overwhelm Zero first. Kannami decided they should accomplish that by having each of them bring her out when they were in control. He was wrong in thinking that Motoko was a "host" personality.

Hibiki had her first, then Fujiko in the Okinawa arc, and finally Mikiri with the old lady's ohagi.

They weren't afraid of Zero coming out after that because HiFuMi "controlled" her in a sense. They absorbed her as a whole.

Chapters 59-60 v2

Chapters 59 and 60 got v2'd to fix some typos. Chapter 60v2 contains a couple of posters from v12.

59v2 - MediaFire | MegaUpload

60v2 - MediaFire |
    MegaUpload