Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Change 123

Ginga developed her boobs rather fast. She was as flat as a guy when she arrived at Japan, after all. She must have been visiting fast food joints frequently...

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Ginga developed her boobs rather fast. She was as flat as a guy when she arrived at Japan, after all. She must have been visiting fast food joints frequently...
    Do you guys have a time frame since she arrived to the present? A couple of months? Weeks?

Anyways, looking forward to meet the dad.

Chapter 38 is out now. Lol at the shocking turn of events.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Wed, 02-04-2009 at 02:45 PM. Reason: removed incorrect link

Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    Chapter 38 is out now. Lol at the shocking turn of events.
    That's chapter 37, got any direct links for 38?

Edit:

Torrent for 38:
    http://snoopycool.com/torrents/Chang...38.zip.torrent

This shocking turn of events suits me perfectly. I have never liked triangles anyway. At this point anything that could push those two closer to each other is good news to me.

I was pretty sure this was going to be the case, especially when the chick that he thought was the fiance turned out to be a college student, and since we got no shot of the father, then I thought it would be one of the 3 fathers... maybe the one we haven't seen yet.

I should have known, but it caught me by surprise, and I laughed my head off when she showed up. I expected it would be the tall girl who just left after giving him a VCR.

Add another notch for "thought it would be tall girl"
    Respect the joindate, not the postcount ;P

Haha. That thought actually crossed my mind as well. It would have given an instant meaning to her departure. But I still didn't really expect it to be her, just thought it one possibility. I was expecting (although not hoping like I said) it to be somebody not shown in the earlier arcs, thus starting a totally new one.

Ryll: Kinda late reply to this but meh.

I still see the first time as just Zero because for one thing Fujikos style includes weapons it's not like she can't fight without weapons rather her style is heavily aimed towards it. And seeing as Zero at the time did not have any weapons at hand it crosses out a lot of Fujikos style.

Mikiri as we know is based on Judo, Zero used a little of this for example when she protected her artery when Takezou grabbed her since that's something Mikiri knew how to do and not Hibiki. And while there's no real proof Hibiki never really uses throws or I don't remember her using any while Zero did throw Takezou. Next thing is if the Zero that came out the first time was really based on Hibiki then Kosukegawa wouldn't have worried about being caught in a hold. Also he pointed out that if Zero is all of Motokos repressed anger then she wouldn't use any holds if he stood up to her and just attack head on.

The conclusion for me is simply that Hibikis style which is just punches and kicks more or less is far better suited in that situation to use that Judo and weapons. That's why I say it was just Zero and not based on just one of the three.

As for Zeros look, since she didn't have a own hairstyle it also helps to make her look more like Hibiki since she just lets her hair down. And I guess they just kept it that way, as for her face it doesn't change that much, I've always thought of Hibiki as a middle part between Mikiri and Fujiko when looking at her face so it makes sense that Zero is somewhat in between as well.
    You are here alone again
    In your sweet insanity
    All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
    Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
    When all the world turns away to leave you lonely

Chapter 39 is out, closing out volume 8.

A lot of comedy in this chapter about Motoko's third father Tatsuya. The switchblade trick was nice though, definitely the truth unless you have a really good locking one. I laughed at the bathtub scene too, Motoko nearly killed herself.

I've thought this before, but I believe that Hibiki likes Kosukegawa the most. She was the first one who started to like him (while Motoko was busy having a crush on her therapist), and back when Fujiko went on a date with Kosukegawa (ending with the fight against baghead), Hibiki came out and remarked with much embarrassment to the others in HiFuMi that it was her turn for a date next time for sure. Aside from offering him Motoko's body early on, Hibiki just seems like she wants to spend time with Kosukegawa rather than fight. Fujiko is rather ambivalent about things most of the time, and Mikiri still prefers food over Kosukegawa.

If Hibiki is thinking about getting rid of Zero so that she can marry Kosukegawa, while Motoko is worried about Zero in general, maybe Hibiki likes him even more than Motoko does?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    If Hibiki is thinking about getting rid of Zero so that she can marry Kosukegawa, while Motoko is worried about Zero in general, maybe Hibiki likes him even more than Motoko does?
    Perhaps, perhaps not. They might like him equally much, but Motoko is a "typical" school girl with all the reservations plus some extra ones due to her situation, whereas the fighting personalities are unreserved and straight-forward - just like they need to be to fare well in a fight. So, I'd say it's just immensely easier for Hibiki to show her feelings with no worries.

Motoko might like Kosukegawa just as much but is holding herself back until the personality issue is solved.

I'm also of the believe that Hibiki is the one that likes Kosegawa the most. Good chapter overall... I really like this dad. I hope we see him fight against Zero though.

Change 123 v09 ch40

Wow. They admitted outright that Hibiki is the one who seems to be the most into Kosukegawa.

I'm surprised this was resolved so quickly, I expected at least another chapter or two. The way they finished him off was pretty funny too. I cringed when I saw that panel.

That chapter hurt to read, and to think she went back and made it even worse, harsh. I imagine they're going to head back to school now, I wonder what new adventures await. Some of the girls on the cover pages appeared new so I guess we'll be getting some new and hopefully more productive transfer students for HiFuMi to fight.

Haha. The hospital visit for some extra revenge was really funny. As vulgar as it was, it was still pretty innovative script writing.

I suppose they could skip a little time and go back to school. Or maybe not. The school isn't really critical to this story, after all. They could come up with something else for the rest of the summer vacation. I suppose it depends on how new enemies and troubles are introduced, now that this surprisingly short arc is over.

Last edited by Munsu; Wed, 03-11-2009 at 10:49 AM.

It certainly was interesting. The woman at the end doesn't look nearly old enough, though. She hasn't even got any wrinkles. Other than that, I wonder what she will think of Kosukegawa of no martial skills, seeing how she seems to be a leader of a dojo.

It seemed to me more like she was in a position of royalty or very high (and very traditional) society, something like Kurenai, but not to that extreme. While she certainly must be part of a school of martial arts, it seemed a lot more than that.

I thought it was more interesting (and funny) that Motoko's mother was basically a spy, but most importantly in this chapter was how easily Mikiri was able to curb Zero when she came back to her senses. Moreover, Zero wasn't nearly as violent as she usually is. Her first appearance she was destroying joints and involved a lot of impalement or dismemberment. Gouts of blood. When she merged with Fujiko, Zero was very sadistic as well, shooting the soldiers in intentionally non-lethal places in order to make them suffer.

Zero under Mikiri on the other hand, only broke joints, something she already was known to do anyway, even when she didn't mean it. Was this a kinder, gentler Zero because of Mikiri's more childlike personality, does Mikiri have better control over Zero, or are Motoko and HiFuMi finally making a little headway?

They also mentioned how bad it was that Izuru wasn't there to stop Zero, but at this point, even with Izuru's perfect-counter martial art, I don't know how much she'll really be able to do. If she even can counter Zero's blows, how do we know that Zero won't just keep going until she destroys Motoko's body?

I thought the point that Fujiko asked Izuru was because she counter and hits the head so to knock the other person out fast or jumbles the brain so they can't go on. After all if she can't move her body or is unconsciousness then it won't matter.
    You are here alone again
    In your sweet insanity
    All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
    Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
    When all the world turns away to leave you lonely