Thread: Movie: Deadspace - Downfall

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar

Movie: Deadspace - Downfall

I didn't know until now that such a movie (Anime) existed and I couldn't find a thread so I just made

It's very gory and brutal so expect to see a lot of blood and entrails all over the place when the aliens cut their stomach open, bite their heads off and rip them apart...

It's a prelude to the game with the same name..... "Deadspace"
    It ends exactly at the point were the game starts from what I've heard.

the animation is very... well.. american? with some computer graphics in it...
    I don't really like that but well see for yourself

Trailer:http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=o2GKwGM1QVk

Didn't watch the movie yet... but I thought you might be interested.
    but it's probably really "funny"
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Wed, 12-31-2008 at 07:28 PM.

Saw this months ago, and yeah its pretty good. Watch it.
    -----------------

I saw previews for it at the start of some other anime DVD, didn't look very good, typical crappy animation with washed out colors and no detail. If they'd just spend more on production and animating movies like this it would make up for the cliched story and make this worth watching and possibly successful. The game is a lot of fun, though people complain about the lumbering movement. I think it adds to the horror and feel of the gameplay.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

well, I like the story... even if you call it cliched, it gives me a chill

I have a weakness for the "lost in space" stories..

but as you said, I don't like the animation that much, it reminds me of typical american cartoons.. Superman and such... I'd prefer it with animation like in Karas, or Ghost in the Shell (I don't mean the CGI here)

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33
    well, I like the story... even if you call it cliched, it gives me a chill

I have a weakness for the "lost in space" stories..

but as you said, I don't like the animation that much, it reminds me of typical american cartoons.. Superman and such... I'd prefer it with animation like in Karas, or Ghost in the Shell (I don't mean the CGI here)
    I think it's more along the story line of: humans unearth an ancient artifact that brings with it super aliens that will doom us. Sorry if that gives away any of the storyline of the game.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

well basically it's the exact same story as in the "Alien" movies

but for me the scary thing about such stories is that you somehow can't escape unless you do something on the fucking ship which is filled with human-eating monsters! and you are all alone (most of the time)

it's not like you have 3 battle-ships patrolling around the ship, who could simply sent in some marines to help you to get off

that's why I'm calling them "lost in space" stories ^^

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Would you recommend I watch this before or after playing Dead Space? I've downloaded Dead Space Downfall already, but I haven't made up my mind about getting the game or not yet. So in case I want to get it. should I watch this?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I don't think it will matter. The story of the game is pretty much self-contained, so it's not like watching the movie will ruin anything in the game. It might help flesh out the story but it's not necessary to understand the game story either.

uhm actually, if you took the time to like watch the movie, you would notice certain things that get mentioned in the game.
    It also happens exactly like 5 minutes before the game begins, so yeah, it would definitly give you more insight into the matter.
    ( also they ridicule scientology, which i thought was funny ;P )
    -----------------

I stand by my assertion, you can peruse one and not the other and you'd be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    I think it's more along the story line of: humans unearth an ancient artifact that brings with it super aliens that will doom us. Sorry if that gives away any of the storyline of the game.
    You couldn't have given the story line away since you don't have it right here. =P

Like there's that much to the storyline in the first place.