Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Maria+Holic

Hah, there's a Queen/Metal remix of the OP on the single. It totally fits.

Episode 6

New Release!

[gg]​ Maria+Holic​ -​ 06​ [C2C16F51].mkv

-----

lmao. This episode was hilarious, blood everywhere.

Damn, I really enjoyed this episode. It was the best episode of the series to me, so far.

Poor Kanako, lying there not being able to do anything. This was probably her best chance to get her perve on and she had to miss out on it. Her reactions while listening to the girls change was priceless.

Everything makes sense now in regards to why Mariya, does what he does. I'm glad they finally explained why he was in a girls school.
    Last edited by Marik; Sat, 02-14-2009 at 12:01 PM.

Kanako went into yuri overload mode!

At 8:51 when the girls were teasing each other about their underwear choices, I noticed all the cameos in the background, not that I know them all. From left to right: Hatsune Miku (vocaloid), CC from the cut if not the color?, don't know, don't know, girl-Alto and Ranka and Sheryl (Macross F), and I want to say School Rumble, but it's not quite right. Maybe someone else can recognize the ones I couldn't.

Shizu's reactions when Mariya had her pinned were pretty funny, and I loved Kanako's "moe!" line when Shizu couldn't open the door.

Mariya is really evil, even if he somewhat cares for his sister. But doesn't it mean that if he's more than willing to give the chairmanship to his sister, there really isn't any point in him cross-dressing at Ame no Kisaki and he really enjoys the cross-dressing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    At 8:51 when the girls were teasing each other about their underwear choices, I noticed all the cameos in the background, not that I know them all. From left to right: Hatsune Miku (vocaloid), CC from the cut if not the color?, don't know, don't know, girl-Alto and Ranka and Sheryl (Macross F), and I want to say School Rumble, but it's not quite right. Maybe someone else can recognize the ones I couldn't.
    Haha. Good eyes! I paid no attention before you mentioned it. The second from right is Asuka from NGE, I think.

Anyway, the blood flowed a bit too much in this episode, in my opinion. It kind of started to repeat itself, although I suppose that was intented. What comes to Mariya I've no doubt he's enjoying crossdressing. He's too good at it, especially if what he said is true and he doesn't even have interest in the prize.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Hahahahaha...........ah....my brain's fried.

Other than that, it's so random, I like it

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Episode 7

[gg]​ Maria+Holic​ -​ 07​ [40ED12C6].mkv

-----

Not much to say about this episode. I didn't really care for much due to the lack of comedy.
    Last edited by Marik; Sat, 02-21-2009 at 07:55 AM.

Rofl, loved the tiny 20th Century Boys parody skit at the end.

This week's story was rather straight forward, but they managed to throw in a nice cliffhanger at the end. I'm leaning towards that Mariya actually does have feelings towards the archery girl, even if it's limited to friendship.

I liked the Zetsubō Sensei parody, myself.

Cosplay angel:

Episode 8 - gg

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    [20:27] <masamune> well, it has happened
    [20:27] <masamune> i have engaged in Maria+Holic
    [20:27] <masamune> and found that it is to my likings
    [20:27] <masamune> as all ridiculously evil, stupidly sexy, ultra femme blond boys are

i like it. there's a lot of typical romance anime stuff in here, and the way it resembles Zetsubou in more ways than it differs from it isn't going to endear it to me much either, but i'm enjoying the three episodes i've watched. the main character's airheaded ramblings and inner monologues are actually somewhat humorous, and some of the jokes are just so random, but it's Shidou and his contrast between his absolute evil sadistic side and his gentle exterior front. also, ridiculously good work from the Voice Actress here, doing both the male and female voices with plenty of emotion and range.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

I don't know if it's happened for you yet Massa (treat rest as spoiler)

but my favourite random moment was Matsurika's comment when Kanoko praised her own growing figure.

"Tokyo tower!"

Blog Entries
    I'm enjoying this anime but the lack of an actual plot is getting somewhat annoying

* Demands more fanservice *

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    there's a few too many 'serious lesson' moments in this show, but something about it keeps me entertained. i guess i do need more than an occasional Akikan! release in my comedy life...

gg - Maria+Holic - Episode 09 - mkv torrent

edit for episode 9 -another episode that was pretty light on comedy, heavy on the drama.

liked the "it's a boy's foot, it's a boy's foot!" singing reality check.

i understand that it's hard to fill the whole thing with comedy, but the drama really isn't what i'm watching this for. i suppose they did have lots of fan service for the people interested in that...

i also liked the 'cliffhanger' at the end with Kanoko learning all 7 of the mysteries, but, well, this show almost always subverts the cliffhangers, turning them into something like 'Room 13 is filled with God's favorite stuff. that's it, nothing important, move along.' the cliffhangers in this show are sometimes a little heavy handed, and it's slightly annoying that they're always subverted at the end, but I do like the way they execute them
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Sun, 03-08-2009 at 12:41 AM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

8 second mark brought a tear to my eye. 9-9-99, oh how I loved that day.

Random funny moments sure have given way for more developments. It's made the later episodes feel a bit "flat" compared to the mind-bogging first eps, but I guess something like this will have to happen one way or the other.

I miss the alien though.

4: It can devour an elephant (wtf is that?)
    5: I may not be of this world

That was one of my favourite moments. Not so much comedy, but randomness. The entropy of this show was off the charts!

I loved how all the seven mysteries were the fault of Kanako's nosebleeds.

[trollingg]_Maria+Holic_-_10_[B3101717].mkv

Edit: Torrent taken off tracker. Guess it was a troll after all.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sat, 03-14-2009 at 06:34 PM.