Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Movie: X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Movie: X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Here's a bootleg trailer:
    http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer...ootleg-trailer

Wolverine lives a mutant life, seeks revenge against Victor Creed (who will later become Sabretooth) for the death of his girlfriend, and ultimately ends up going through the mutant Weapon X program.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458525/

No magneto?

Anyway, this seems like a great movie. I think it's cool that they're making another x-men film, since the others were pretty enjoyable. I'll be sure to watch it.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Movie seems really good "Do you even know how to kill me" "Im gonna cut your head off and see if that works" lol. Looks like Gambit is on here as well .
    No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    -Mazer Rackham

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Well Wolverine is a strong image to the franchise, so I guess that dedicating a movie to his origins isn't out of place.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire
    No magneto?

Anyway, this seems like a great movie. I think it's cool that they're making another x-men film, since the others were pretty enjoyable. I'll be sure to watch it.
    I'm pretty sure they're making an Origins movie about him. I may be mistaken though.

I thought this title was gonna be for the Wolverine TV series?

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    I thought this title was gonna be for the Wolverine TV series?
    I thought the same, but since from where I got the trailer it's calling it like this, we'll stick with it for the time being. I thought the movie was going to be called Wolverine and that's it.

Awesome user with default custom title Jman's Avatar

Thumbs up

i didn't see the need to make a whole new thread for wolverine so here's another appetizer from marvel's other upcoming release featuring his bout with hulk.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY6zSRKA7xY&feature=dir

this one gets a bit bloody too. can't wait for it's the release.

Formerly known as 'Animemaster'

haha, wolverine takes a boulder to his face and still keeps charging....fuckin awesome

Gack, I always hated that yellow and blue costume he wore in his early days.

Wolverine had his own comic series exploring his origins in Canada, so why not an entire movie? I'm still wondering if they could have found someone better than Hugh Jackman for the role.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Junior
    You don't like Hugh, Ani?

I'm waiting for this movie. Seriously. I'm excited.

looks pretty good, the other movies were entertaining (besides a few things i didnt like), and we finally get to see gambit

I am kind of mad that I watched the trailer. Now I have to wait! This movie does look sweet.

I dont know how much a fan I am of prequels though, and in this one there is supposed to be another Sabretooth...I dont know how they are going to work that one in there since he was in the first X-Men movie...

assertnfailure (7:40:03 PM): dude....your posts are a bunch of nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Gack, I always hated that yellow and blue costume he wore in his early days.
    Its slightly better than that fugly brown, yellow and red number he wore for a while. Actually, who in the hell designed those things(John Romita, apparently)? That freaking mask is insane, and bright colors aren't exactly good for subterfuge and such....

Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    You don't like Hugh, Ani?
    He's alright, except for the height thing. Just wish they could have found someone more pug-nosed and ferocious, rather than some tall pretty boy.

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj
    Its slightly better than that fugly brown, yellow and red number he wore for a while. Actually, who in the hell designed those things(John Romita, apparently)? That freaking mask is insane, and bright colors aren't exactly good for subterfuge and such....
    At least the brown/yellow outfit was more woodsy and less conspicuous than the yellow and blue tights he wore in the early days. Neither really looks great but the darker outfit better suits an anti-hero with wild roots like Wolverine. I always liked the mask.

Please don't hotlink images. Upload them to a image hosting site, and edit this post. Thanks.
    Last edited by Munsu; Mon, 12-29-2008 at 08:56 AM.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

The brown and yellow one did make more sense, but we'll have to agree to disagree about that mask. It is indeed iconic, but its just too damn weird.

I just saw an incomplete leaked version of this movie. The story was complete, but not the CGI. Movie was pretty sick and seeing Gambit in action was such a turn on. I don't know the comics, so I have no idea if the movie was actually accurate. The action scenes were all pretty short, but there were a few of them so I guess that made up for it. The ending made me feel pretty say :T

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    When i first heard about it and the title I was a little unsure...

The latest trailer though has me really excited to see it. Please marvel... save the xmen franchise that you so painfully crushed with xmen 3.

cyclops + gambig + others = win

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    I saw it last night. really liked it... although I was expecting a little more gambit and a little more cyclops.

Really makes me wonder what direction they're going to take the franchise now...

Xmen origins: first class and Xmen origins: magneto
    But yeah I liked the movie aswell, though deadpool was more like barakapool, his fight was pretty awesome aswell.
    -----------------