Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Soul Eater: What subbers to watch now?

Soul Eater: What subbers to watch now?

Since Rumbel dropped SE because of a C&D letter, I'm wondering, what version should I watch now?
    I have no idea if there is a difference in the late night version and the 'normal' version.
    Can anyone give me (and fellow Rumbel only watchers) some advice?

I've found Aero to be fine for weekly watching. The field seems to be a bit flooded with Soul Eater encodes at the moment though so I think it'll take a few weeks before it's clear what groups plan to continue the series long term and only then would evaluation really help.

I read about this the other day as well. I figure, some people from Rumbel will form a new group and continue subbing Soul Eater, and release via a different server. It's fairly common... but all we can do is wait. If not, well... guess Aero will do fine for me. I've seen a few of their subs, and they're not bad. Wish more groups had picked up the late night version though (even though I'm not entirely sure what the major differences are, other than the previews).

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I've cycled through quite a lot: started with Anime Enlightnment, moved onto Rumbel, jumped onto Tadashi, and lately settled with Aero.

I prefer Rumbel and Aero, both of which are fine. AEN has some errors with their English sometimes. Tadashi isn't bad, I just like the terms/translation style of Rumbel and Aero better.

Having watched Rumbel the most, I can say I prefer the normal, shorter one. Late-night versions air half a week later, contain nothing extra that's significant, but most importantly, have some random shit during the middle ad break and ending preview that's annoying as hell.

The regular version follows the regular formula: OP->Episode->ED->Preview - the way I like it. As of now, Aero's my preferred group.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Judging from your opinions, I guess Aero is really the only subber right now. Thanks for the info guys!

is there any other 'late hour night show' subbers other than rumbel?
    if there aren't, I guess I can just jump to aero's subs right away.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

I think right now we don't have any other choice but to stick up with aero. i'm also watching the late night version but Aero is doing a pretty good job IMO from watching 3 episodes from them.

I'll give Aero a shot, what version should I take for the best quality? the mkv or mp4?

They use the same raws for both, and I'd expect them to be by the same encoder. MKV files look fine, and are generally a little smaller than their HD MP4 counterparts. Whichever takes your fancy really. If you have a PS3 or something that you'd want to play Soul Eater one, then MP4 HD will save you lots of trouble.

question, i found out that hyatsuyuki a good sub? they are subbing soul eater too.

Quote Originally Posted by ian_sanzo
    question, i found out that hyatsuyuki a good sub? they are subbing soul eater too.
    I really haven't heard anything positive about them. People say they don't sub some parts and they leave the preview sub-less. They also seem to use Engrish. They admit that on their site.

"*rocker2344's note: Before complaining, yes we know it is engrish, sorry we will have a after trans checker for this soon."

Ok thanks a lot. i guess I'll wait for aero then.

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar
    In Soul Eater 34 hyatsuyuki put in "except" where they should've had "accept." There was another glaring mistake in the episode somewhere.

I have now eps 34 and 35 from Anonymous. Somebody muxed the subs properly with a decent raw - who knows, maybe he even reencoded a raw because it had a proper file size as well. After watching both of those subs, I think I trust Anonymous more than Hatsuyuki or Souleaterfan (not posted on Tokyotosho) subs. Unless Aero reappears, I'm sticking to Anonymous, assuming they will continue to come out.

Missing Nin
    by All Hail Excalibur

Soul eater 29 Late night AVI
    http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.p...nload&id=17007
    Soul eater 29 Late night MKV
    http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.p...nload&id=17006

Soul eater 30 Late night AVI
    http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.p...nload&id=17009
    Soul eater 30 Late night MKV
    http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.p...nload&id=17008

Lets see same size as Rumbel and they are continuing late night releases where they left off I doubt that is by chance downloading right now to see if they are what I think they are but for now I'd certainly assume that is the case.

Edit: Well that was a exceptionally fast download. I think its safe to say if you were downloading Rumbel then these are definitely the subs you want to archive.
    Last edited by DDBen; Tue, 12-02-2008 at 10:04 PM.

aerosubs is stopping soul eater

Damn. If I'm not satisfied with some other group, I'll mux their scripts with raws.

edit: Has anyone personally tried Soul Eater Fan?
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Thu, 12-04-2008 at 12:45 AM.

I didn't really like Soul Eater Fan. I think I'll watch Anonymous, if the somebody muxing their subs with reencoded raws continues to do his shady work, and I suppose archive All Hail Excalibur.

IF someone knows where i can get Rumble 1-28 i would be grateful

you can PM me if it's against the rules...

Try this batch over at Mininova.

And while you are over there, just search soul eater for the last three episodes not in the batch.