Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Piece Chapter 523

The Sanji pages were hilarious. But yeah, Kuma is certainly helping Luffy and his crew out... people are conviniently in places where they should power up.

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    BTW... why do I get the feeling that Sanji is at Bon Clay's natal island...
    Lol, I was thinking that too. It will be funny if Sanji gets help from the transvestites to go to Impel Down and saves Bon Clay.

Like almost all of you have already said, it seems Kuma sent them all places that will allow them to power up (although i'm not quite sure how Sanji will...). I just wonder how they'll all know to go to Impel Down - my guess would be that Kuma takes Rayleigh there and they all follow is card thinger.

Also I think we can include Kuma on the strawhat's side as well. So Ace has Kuma, Hancock, Rayliegh, possibly Jinbei, (I think Garp will end up helping him), Whitebeard, Shanks, and Luffy coming to help him. Holy shit that guy has some strong friends. I think it's also safe to say Dragon will be making an appearance. 2 emperors, 2 shichibukai, and the most wanted man in the world... would be epic.

[21:48] * DO furiously masturbates to #gotwoot

If this is the halfway climax as Oda has stated before... the guy is a freaking genius. And he already set up the stage for the New World with the Supernova... so I think we can be sure that the World Goverment is going to fall after this 'war'. Or at least crumble enough to leave the Straw Hats alone.

I hope Smoker and Tashigi appear here as well.

And I really do not know if Garp would really betray the Wolrd Goverment... he didn't when his son Dragon became a rebel... but would he for his grandsons?

Hasn't Oda been saying "this is the half way climax" since Arabasta? Seems to me that every few chapters there's a reference to Oda's half-way point.

I doubt we'll see Rayleigh involved in this war. He's a retired pirate...why would he care?
    As I was saying in the last thread...I think Ace is going to die, and Luffy is going to retreat.
    If it does come down to this, then the arc can be shorter than you'd think...and Luffy could go back to finding his crew afterward.

If whitebeard ambushes Impel Down and rescues Ace before the schichibukai and marines are able to mobilize, then maybe they can save Ace, but I can't see any way that Oda could conceivably eliminate the world government from the series and still maintain content for the second half of the storyline. Keep in mind that some of the world government backstory is deeply rooted into current mysteries as well as some of the individual character development.

Also....a successful Ace rescue kind of...contradicts the whole "Dawn of a new era" foreshadowing that's been looming for the past 3 arcs.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

ace escapes, Luffy battles the WG, but in the meanwhile, blackbeard kills Whitebeard.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

I agree
    Ace dieing ain't enough to cause the dawn of a new era.
    Either the WG falls or WhiteBeard dies.

Jounin
    Why do some of you think so many will side with Ace? Like Kuma, Rayleigh and Shanks. What makes you think these will join in?

Like Assertn said. Rayleigh is retired.

If i remember it correctly Kuma said himself "We won't meet again" or something along those lines. Whatever he said, too me it indicated that he meant 1 of 3 things.
    1, He would never go where Luffy is (not likely but still).
    2, He would get killed or captured and imprisoned for what he did.
    3, He's a cyborg so maybe Wegapunk can take away his free will or reprogram him, and what he meant was that it would not be him the next time they face off.

And why would Shanks come? Just because he and WB had a talk about Ace and Blackbeard? I don't know. It's plausible but still i would say that he wont show. This is WB's problem and Shanks tried to avert it but WB wouldn't listen. And i don't think Shanks and Ace are friends. Why would they be?

Rayleigh and Kuma feels like they will not be coming to Ace's aid. And Shanks i don't think will come either. If he would come it would be to back up WB to try and not lose the balance to the world government, rather then to save Ace.

Yeah, nice chapter and not to sure on what is going to happen.
    I'm thinking if Zoro would go to a place that would power him up or heal from his injuries, or both.

I'm wondering how everything is going to go down, from what I can see, there can't be just a happy ending for the Strawhats and/or Whitebeard.

I would also like to see the convesation between Ace and Garp, and as someone else has mentioned this would be a good place to have Dragon return to the manga.

If this is the half way point then there is going to be more strong pirates out there or all of the current ones won't be in this war.