Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why has Naruto become less interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by The Archangel
    So you consider watching naruto some sort of bad habit?
    No, I was just saying that since I've been watching the show for so long, and have already sat through plenty of fillers, I'm not going to drop it any time soon. Given, when fillers start, the show drops further on my list of when to watch the episodes (sometimes weeks go by), but in the end I'll still watch the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    Naruto turned crap at 2006
    which means that you've been watching it for three years at that time.
    you wore diapers for the same amount of time.

you still watch Naruto.
    Do you still wear diapers?

Do the right thing, put a stop to the crap.
    I don't see how watching Naruto has anything to do with wearing diapers, but in any case, why does it matter to you if I decide to still watch the anime. Just because I watch Naruto doesn't mean I'm any different than anyone else here.

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

Blog Entries
    What makes you different isn't that you watch it, but that you seem to do it even tough you apparently don't enjoy it.

I didn't say I didn't enjoy the show. I don't enjoy fillers, sure, and when they start, as I said earlier, the show is "on hold" for me, basically. But when fillers are over, I come back and watch. My intentions earlier were to suggest that, unlike some people who dropped the show back during the first season and the endless filler hell, I am still sticking to the show, because I've been watching it so long, AND I want to see the end.

I enjoy the non-filler episodes. And I'm looking forward to what Shikamaru and co. are going to do in the coming episodes. But if we get another Sora-like character introduced then I'll do something else with my time until it ends.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    What makes you different isn't that you watch it, but that you seem to do it even tough you apparently don't enjoy it.
    The same thing could be said about you.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Blog Entries
    * anxiously awaits the day that Azazel makes a semi-decent contribution to the forum *

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuin
    I didn't say I didn't enjoy the show. I don't enjoy fillers, sure, and when they start, as I said earlier, the show is "on hold" for me, basically. But when fillers are over, I come back and watch. My intentions earlier were to suggest that, unlike some people who dropped the show back during the first season and the endless filler hell, I am still sticking to the show, because I've been watching it so long, AND I want to see the end.

I enjoy the non-filler episodes. And I'm looking forward to what Shikamaru and co. are going to do in the coming episodes. But if we get another Sora-like character introduced then I'll do something else with my time until it ends.
    My bad then dude, i misunderstood what you meant. But i have to say that naruto could do alot worse than a sora-like character, have you watched any of the recent bleach filler characters?

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Oh really, sorry, it must be my imagination that you bleed in your panties everytime a release thread is made, say "Kishi" 87 times every time, and go on about how horrible the story and author are because you don't have anything else worthwhile to say. Ever.

Of course everyone has the right to criticize, but it makes me wonder why you'd waste your time on a series you obviously hate.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

My bad then dude, i misunderstood what you meant. But i have to say that naruto could do alot worse than a sora-like character, have you watched any of the recent bleach filler characters?
    Are you talking about the Captain Amagi arc? I watched some of it... only because I thought he looked pretty cool. And the loli aspect.

But I know they can do much worse than a sora-like character. He was just the first to come to mind since that was the last arc.

I stopped watching naruto during the fillers around the middle of the start village meteor arc. Then when shipuuden came out i tried getting into it but stopped at episode 17 or so. And yes, i miss the good old days of naruto like during the rock lee gaara fight which kept me in the edge of my seat.

ty psj for this sig

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Heretic Azazel
    Oh really, sorry, it must be my imagination that you bleed in your panties everytime a release thread is made, say "Kishi" 87 times every time, and go on about how horrible the story and author are because you don't have anything else worthwhile to say. Ever.

Of course everyone has the right to criticize, but it makes me wonder why you'd waste your time on a series you obviously hate.
    I just criticize Kishimoto for the lols, i think that the naruto manga ( especially the recent chapters ) has been nothing but pure win and it has to be my favorite manga of all time.

Everyone else seemed to understand my rants, pls try to keep up.

Really good timing with this topic, Naruto finally got its flair back and WITHOUT Naruto
    Hakke Rokujūyon Shō!

I believe that all long story will hit a snag at one point or another and it is usually at this time that the author show his/her abilities to keep the audience interested while going through it. Not everybody can be like Oda or Togashi and keep their story interesting throughout the majority of it entirety.

Naruto as a story certainly has a lot of flaws as pointed out by many others in this thread, but overall it still was a very entertaining show during its prime.While the show is indeed sub-par now compare to before, however there are still moments where it still shine (something that can't be said for another shounen show featuring big swords). Those moments give people hope that there is still a chance the show might become good again some day and that is probably why there are still so many people watching this show despite all the crap.

There was only ONE benefit to the filler for me.

I know many of you watched week by week by week, and for me that would have been torture. Fortunately, right when ep 78 came out, I went back to dial-up! Ooh I was upset I couldn't see the Third's funeral.

By the time I got a high-speed connection back, episode 215 just came out so I really had some catching up to do. When I finished the Sasuke chase arc, I thought "man this show can't get any better than this." Ooh I hate it when I'm right.

But, having all that filler to watch, I decided to look up which episodes were in each filler arc and segmented it that way. So, instead of trudging through it all, it was really like watching a dozen Naruto movies, and that was kinda neat because I had something to watch every night after work.

Still, the rasengan ramen almost had me shut it off... almost.

I luckily just stopped when the fillers began after the original Naruto series. Also thanks to Aone that they subbed the fillers so slow that I lost interest. I have downloaded it, but not watched it yet.
    Hakke Rokujūyon Shō!

All of this really makes me appreciate Oda and One Piece even more.

It's like, I'd read DBZ manga back in the day, where even in the manga, there's alot of nothing going on, those starting contests and pose-offs are still there. And then when the anime comes along, they take those, and stretch them out even more. And that's why DBZ is such a chore to watch. Bleach is pretty much the exact same way now. I got back and read the manga sometimes of parts that have already aired in the anime and its pretty much the same deal. Naruto isn't quite as slow in the manga, but for some reason the anime drags things waaaaaay out, so it ends up being just as slow.

On the flip side of that coin is the One Piece manga. The thing is fucking frantic. If I didn't know better(and I actually don't), I'd say Oda has some kind of ADD. Because when things are happening at this ridiculous pace where people will be talking one minute, and they'll cut to someone doing something someplace else for a panel, and then they cut back and there's like a level 3 melee going on between the people who were talking 2 panels before. If I hadn't already watched it, I might even have trouble following whats going on.

The results of this is that, when its time to make that into an anime, and the studio inevitably puts in its various stalls and pauses to try and pad chapter out into an episode, it actually feels...normal. Everything ends up moving at a natural pace.

Oda's also really good about keeping dialogue confined to minimal real estate in his panels too. He'll have multiple conversations in a small amount of space and then just identify who's talking by little chibi faces in the bubbles.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

In pre Shippuuden there was more variation. Cause u didn't always see Naruto's Team. I also miss Hinata, i just like her character. Her personality and fighting style is awesome.

Edit:

But exept that i find Shippuuden pretty good. There are many of the episodes that has these awesome moments.

I still like Naruto because of the main character, Naruto. He is one of those rare protagonist that has to struggle against evil, train hard, lame, silly etc.

I am tired of those anime in which the whole plot revolves around the hero like he is the center of the universe. The other characters are just there as fodder to be saved by the awesome hero at the very last minute.

Regardless how strong/experienced the villain is, the hero will win in the end and often 1 versus 1 while his teammates are rendered useless and can only watch in awe.

Quote Originally Posted by November 11
    Regardless how strong/experienced the villain is, the hero will win in the end and often 1 versus 1 while his teammates are rendered useless and can only watch in awe.
    Smells like Naruto to me

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

That's definitely what happened with Kakuzu.