Thread: Phantom Message

Phantom Message

Hello. On Gotwoot here it says I have have 5 total private messages, with 1 unread. When I go to the panel It shows 2 (read) messages in my inbox and 2(read) messages in my sent folder. The 5th (unread) message is no where to be found? Below is a screenshot. Any ideas? I'm lost.

~David

Perhaps a warning? Though I'm not sure if it's categorized as a PM.

Um, nothing that I can see *shrugs*. Iv used and even been an admin or mod in several vBulletin forums and never seen missing msges like this lol. Just strange.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Wow. That's come freaky stuff. Possibly GotWoot's Trick or Treat?

If not, probably see if Comp has an answer to it.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    that's new on me too ... but I'm not seeing it at all from the admin side. Albeit a week and a half later ...

Are you still seeing that? Or did it sort of resolve on its own?

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    This used to happen to me too sometimes. I'd just ignore it. Think clearing cookies/history did the trick too.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

The Ghost Message

In the corner it says: Private Messages: Unread 1, Total 1.

Go into inbox, NOTHING THERE! Not in any subfolder.

Click "Download all Private Messages as XML/CSV/Text and it says You have no private messages to download.

Where is it?

pirate edit: Can't tell me it's cookies, I've reformatted since it showed up and it's still there.

Just ignore it and it'll resolve on its own.
    Last edited by Nadouku; Mon, 03-09-2009 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Changed the entire format of the text.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

was it part of the transfer from very old members who simply lost a PM from multiple years ago. Since Comp and masa already responded I'm sure they are familiar with this already beyond my noob response. :P