Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bleach 192

Blog Entries
    Yeah i guess you're right, if only we could see any of those captains fight off some espada so we could see how they'd do.

Quote Originally Posted by The Archangel
    Please, if Zaraki went against lets say Noitra he would completely have his ass handed to him.
    This Noitra fellow has shown absolutely nothing worth mentioning so far. He kept beating half dead Ichigo for half an episode, and then he got his ass handed to him by Nel, who didn't even show any fancy powers, aside from that swallowing ability. In fact Ichigo should have been able to do what Nel already did (aside from swallowing) if he didn't fucking need to suck so much in the beginning of every bloody major fight, and if Orihime had had half a brain worth of wits and had healed him immediately when there still was time.

Unless Noitra shows something better soon, there's no way in hell he would last three seconds against Zaraki, should they ever fight.

@ Jessper: We can't use Tosen to judge what the arrancars where the arrancars stand power wise since we have no idea just how strong Tosen actually is, whether he was simply hiding his power or Aizen really did use the Hogyoku on them Tosen is way stronger than he appears so he can't be used as an example to judge how a captain would fair against an arrancar.

The only thing we can really use is Ichigo. Playing around or not Ichigo beat Zaraki and that was long before he had bankai much less his hollow mask and Ichigo needed that and more to beat Grim so based on that I would say Zaraki has to bring a lot more to the table than he did the last time we saw him in action.

I would love to see some captain on arrancar action because honestly Ichigo and company are boring.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Abdula
    @ Jessper: We can't use Tosen to judge what the arrancars where the arrancars stand power wise since we have no idea just how strong Tosen actually is, whether he was simply hiding his power or Aizen really did use the Hogyoku on them Tosen is way stronger than he appears so he can't be used as an example to judge how a captain would fair against an arrancar.
    I agree this was just a mark against the supposed powerup that Tousen has.

The only thing we can really use is Ichigo. Playing around or not Ichigo beat Zaraki and that was long before he had bankai much less his hollow mask and Ichigo needed that and more to beat Grim so based on that I would say Zaraki has to bring a lot more to the table than he did the last time we saw him in action.
    He only fought at full power for the last strike, I think Zaraki is much stronger than we have been lead to believe and that a fight with Ichigo (with out his mask) would be very interesting even now. Just because the guy more or less trained Ichigo to fight captain level opponents doesn't mean he is weak.

The moment Ichigo beat Zaraki back then is one of the exceedingly rare moments when Ichigo was a real Shinigami and willing to cut. If he could be like that all the time, he wouldn't have even needed the hollow mask against somebody like Grimmjow. Just look at this Noitra fight: Was there a moment during that whole first half of the episode when Ichigo looked like he believed he would kill the bastard? Nah, every time they showed his face, he was only either stubbornly using himself as a meat shield to defend Nel or he was amazed his sword couldn't reach Noitra. With that kind of an attitude, you can't beat an Espada.

Honestly, the only way Ichigo beat Kenpachi is because of a plot device. The fights in Bleach are ridiculous, they're not even Rock Paper Scissors, or DBZ my power level is higher than yours. Their outcome really makes no sense sometimes.

They're just oversight by Kubo's lack of planning and pacing his story, and thus results in plot holes.

Zaraki's power is definitely inconsistant. They present him as a huge badass, but he fights with pure brute power, and he lost to Ichigo in that like 3 arcs ago. Logically, he should have no way of standing up against the Espada at all.

And yet, if he were to fight one, I'm sure he would do so evenly at the very least. That's just the way these things are written.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessper
    .I think the captains are underestimated because of the manner in which they fought Ichigo. Zaraki was so far from serious it isn't even funny, of course until the final blow where they were both worn out from playing around previously. Byakuya didn't acknowledge Ichigo as a real opponent until the end as well. These situations would not be the case vs an Espada.
    Except the Espada do the exact same thing. Thinking he's some weak shinigami until the final stages of the battle. I mean, Noitra hasn't even released his Resureccion yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    Zaraki's power is definitely inconsistant. They present him as a huge badass, but he fights with pure brute power, and he lost to Ichigo in that like 3 arcs ago. Logically, he should have no way of standing up against the Espada at all.
    Assuming Zaraki gives the hollows second and third chances plus advice like he gave Ichigo.

But then again, the Espada are also giving second and third chances to Ichigo and others, so who knows. None of them really knows what they are doing. I guess textbook shounen really doesn't give much of a choice. If they behaved rationally, a lot of people would be dead by now and this would be seinen, not shounen...

I wonder: if Zaraki ever fights an Espada, would he even have to use his eye-patch? He would probably toy with an opponent first to see their strength, then determine if they are worth his time or not. Besides that, Zaraki must at least grown a little more powerful, if time was consistent with the whole ordeal.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    And yet, if he were to fight one, I'm sure he would do so evenly at the very least. That's just the way these things are written.Except the Espada do the exact same thing. Thinking he's some weak shinigami until the final stages of the battle. I mean, Noitra hasn't even released his Resureccion yet.
    Oh I agree, but it just means Zaraki's real strength is hard to be sure of. At least with Grimjow they had a full fight with everything they had.

I agree with Kraco. Ichigo has trouble releasing his full power. He did it once with Zaraki and won. So I'm thinking Ichigo can be more powerful than any of these espada if he really wanted to be. That would make Zaraki uber powerful and Ichigo even moreso if he wants to be (especially with Bankai).

Anyways, I just hope rope-a-dope Ichigo isn't here to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorlath
    That would make Zaraki uber powerful and Ichigo even moreso if he wants to be (especially with Bankai).
    And Hollow mask.

As much as I want to believe Zaraki is a badass because he's such an awesome character, Ichigo defeated him two powerups ago. If Zaraki is still a contender now without at least learning his Shikai, it's just a huge plot inconsistency.

Which is the one saving grace of the character, is that they made him really powerful but allowed him to be surpassed early, but left him with lots of room to advance so that his character can still remain viable.

Comparing to Ichigo is the worst possible meter of power you could choose. At his best (and rare) moments he kicked ass in just his shikai form. Then he obtained bankai and soon after his shikai became useless against anybody but unnamed opponents. Then he obtained the hollow mask and his bankai became useless against all but unnamed opponents.

His whole name is Ichigo 'Inconsistency' Kurosaki, so think twice before judging anybody else's power based on how they fared againt our boy Ichigo.