Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gundam 00 Season 2 Episode 04

Mr. Bushido... yeah... umm... on the up side, it makes the look of his mask and odd variant A-LAWS uniform make more sense. It does, in fact, resemble the sort of demon mask worn by traditional Samurai... and the outfit, as mentioned by someone in an earlier thread, has a weird "shogun" feel to it... hence, the Samurai reference in his... absurd alias...

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    i'm almost sorry i raised the point about Setsuna being de-facto boss guy all of a sudden because of his main character penor.

after all, Sumeragi is officially back in CB now, so chances are she'll be the big boss again, (and below her?). I don't see her dying off for a long time. In fact, I don't think they have the guts to kill her off at all.

But it just annoys me when stuff like that happens and we're not supposed to bat an eyelash. Although, I do think David's the closest to right, and that Tieria's small comment was just surprise at Setsuna's decision, not disagreement with it... Still, the acknowledgment of his 'request/order' still begs the question of, if anything did happen to Sumeragi, who'd be calling the shots...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

@masa: Apparently Setsuna would, when you look back at ep 2 it was Setsuna who recruited Lyle and retrieved Sumeragi. The others had 4 years to do that but they didn't. As soon as Setsuna returned all of a sudden he was the one getting the band back together and then risking their newest unproven suit (and 2 of the 5 original GN drives) on nothing more than his hunch it would work and the fact that they were desperate. The conclusion I drew from this is CB is full of followers and without Veda they have been looking for direction and purpose (I would think this is especially true for Tieria who used to live and die by his precious Veda). Since they have no real plan or intermediate goals of their own they'd probably follow anyone who gave a suggestion that they don't find immediately offensive (like "Let's turn over all our Gundam Tech to A-LAWS").

I think Setsuna's return and his determination to take action against A-LAWS has given the rest of the crew a purpose and so they were willing to do what he thought they should, not because they take orders from him but because they don't have anything better to do and they don't disagree with his idea.

I have to back Yuki on this, Setsuna came back from the nether regions of space and took leadership of Celestial Being. Sumeragi has resumed her position as tactical leader, but Setsuna has been the driving force behind CB since their resurgence.

After Alejandro and Ribbons turned on CB, and Schernberg gave them the Trans-Am, Setsuna has known exactly what he wants to do with the world. He didn't stop fighting in the five years since he drifted towards space, and he's been the one to bring CB back to their old glory. He went to recruit Lyle, he tracked down Sumeragi and ensured she couldn't, "hide anymore."

I think that Tieria, equally lost in what to do now, has stoicly agreed that Setsuna knows precisely what he wants to see CB do. So he doesn't really have any complaints now that Setsuna is authoritative and determined, instead of being little more than a jihadist inside a mobile suit. As contrived as it is, Setsuna has become the warrior of God that he always dreamed of being, someone finally capable of bringing an end to the fighting, by force.

Everyone else is just lollygagging around. If no one else will take charge, Setsuna might as well. At least he knows what he wants.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    Everyone else is just lollygagging around. If no one else will take charge, Setsuna might as well. At least he knows what he wants.
    About this line.

When Ian talked about his colleagues having a reason to fight, Tieria was the only meister not mentioned. To date, we still haven't heard any backstory about him. We kind of accepted that he's in CB because he can link up with Veda. (and mostly because he's the one who questions others for being in CB). Regardless of his initial purpose, I dare say he now inherited his will to fight from Lockon.

The OP (life pods) hints that his kind were probably created for some purpose in Aeolia Schenberg's plan, while the ED (shooting the mirror) looks like he'll sacrifice himself to take down his fellow androids once and for all.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Mr.Bushido's helmet has horns O_O. The part where both Marina and Setsuna answered "No we aren't" when they were asked if they are lovers, I didn't expect Marina to give such a strict answer lol.

<3 Tessa-chan! <3 Lucifus! ....chotto mate.

Quote Originally Posted by kenren
    The part where both Marina and Setsuna answered "No we aren't" when they were asked if they are lovers, I didn't expect Marina to give such a strict answer lol.
    The scene would have been much funnier if Setsuna had instead answered: "Yes, we are" with just as serious an expression and voice, while Marina would have still given this negative answer. But of course that could have never happened; Setsuna has no sense of humour, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian

Allelujah suck now without Hal. Just as they said, he's too slow, and his only edge in S1 that was his GN drive is gone. I bet you that he'll suffer a head injury in the finale and whip out another Al/Hal combo, which I'm dying to see again.

When did they say he lost his GN Drive? Doesn't he have to have one to use the Trans-AM System?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyches
    When did they say he lost his GN Drive? Doesn't he have to have one to use the Trans-AM System?
    I meant his edge that was the GN Drive (ie when he had the Kyrios against regular mob suits). Now it's Jupiter made Gundams vs Earth Fake GN suits. The difference in performance isn't exactly there anymore. Of course, now his only edge is Trans Am, and that's a double edged sword in itself. Gotta say, balance is good.

Which reminds me that since Eifman died, they haven't touched the Jupiter concept at all, or Aeolia's "true intention", whatever Eifman thought it was. I bet Billy will pick up where he left off and find something though. He's a determined kid.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    The scene would have been much funnier if Setsuna had instead answered: "Yes, we are" with just as serious an expression and voice, while Marina would have still given this negative answer. But of course that could have never happened; Setsuna has no sense of humour, after all.

I imagined it and it's freaking funny XD

<3 Tessa-chan! <3 Lucifus! ....chotto mate.

Sunrise sure likes to hype Japanese quips for no apparent reason. Graham was the guy you'd imagine furthest from changing to a Japanophile. I guess Sunrise just wanted to go a different route from the Masquerade-western mask wearers to an eastern Oni mask.

And if I recall correctly, isn't Mr Bushido what Vivi called Zoro in One Piece?

Mr. Bushido is a rip off from Mr. Karate from AOF.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。