Thread: One Piece Chapter 519

One Piece Chapter 519

Franky-House

SendSpace - MegaUpload - Online Viewing

† Hueco Mundo †

Badongo - MegaUpload - ZShare

helz0ne

MediaFire - MegaUpload
    Last edited by Marik; Fri, 10-24-2008 at 04:36 PM.

leaving the super powers aside (I can't form much an opinion about it from all this nothing), this island is really weird.
    almost everyone has haki, which brings them some form of 'mantra'. and both sisters have the same fruit.
    the navy ship that's supposed to be guarding over the island might be there to actually make sure the amazons don't get out to the NW. if they had, they would have become an army that can match the WG.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

I honestly never expected to see that mantra stuff again. Looks like Oda is finally connecting the dots for us. All of these strange abilities that were never linked to devil fruits seem to revolve around around this haki. Pretty sweet chapter.

As far as the duplicate devil fruit thing goes...I'm going to just assume this was Vegepunk's doing. We know that he's developed tons of breakthroughs in devil fruit usage, and he was already able to duplicate that admiral's light attack across a bunch of the pacifistas...
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Or the fruit thing could simply be different model numbers because one definitely seems to be a spitting cobra and the other is some kind of boa, maybe an anaconda.

-Appears I may be right. Some websites I checked had them listed as a King Cobra and an Anaconda.
    Last edited by Abdula; Fri, 10-24-2008 at 12:18 PM.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Also, this pretty much explains how Raleigh was able to counter Kakuzu's ability.
    Haki seems to have some sort of negating effect, like it uses kairuseki (sp?) or something.

Edit: Yeah....Kizaru... :|
    Last edited by Assertn; Fri, 10-24-2008 at 12:31 PM.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Indeed we definitely need more info on haki, and I think you mean Kizaru and not Kakuzu Oh and its Kairoseki
    Sapphire is awesome!

The zoan fruits may overlap in name, but they have different models so they are different fruits. For example, Dalton (from Drum, Chopper's homeland) ate the cow (ushi ushi) fruit - model bison, while Kaku (from CP9) ate the cow (ushi ushi) fruit - model giraffe.

I was also surprised to see mantra reused here. It also seems that at least Luffy and Zoro already know how to use haki unconsciously to some degree. I'm looking forward to Oda explaining how mantra and haki work.

On the other hand, Luffy getting hurt by blunt attacks here means that Moria was not using haki when he smashed Luffy in his black box, which confirms that Shichibukai operate at different levels.

I read the basement scan and they clearly are missing a ton of details... read the FH version instead.

I was thinking that maybe the weapon they were using was like Smoker's, with sea stone.

Anyway, great chapter. And Luffy yet again goes Gear 2nd. I like the technique, but Luffy should remember what Lucci told him, that that technique puts a lot of strain on his body... did he not say as well it may shorten his life?

I'm well aware that there are different zoan models (obviously), but all that was stated in the chapter I read was they both ate the "hebi" fruit. If they're different fruits then they should be labeled differently, don't you think?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I wonder if Boa also ate a hebi fruit... Model Basilisk, thus she has the power to convert other into rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    I'm well aware that there are different zoan models (obviously), but all that was stated in the chapter I read was they both ate the "hebi" fruit. If they're different fruits then they should be labeled differently, don't you think?
    Yeah I read the basement scan too. Anyway like Munsu said the FH scan is better, that detail is actually in there.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Well I guess we see why Kuma sent Luffy to this island. Finally we're going to see him be able to counter Logia.

I wouldn't be surprised if Luffy was the only one sent flying and everyone else is just back at the boat.

[21:48] * DO furiously masturbates to #gotwoot

Quote Originally Posted by joker-kun
    Well I guess we see why Kuma sent Luffy to this island. Finally we're going to see him be able to counter Logia.

I wouldn't be surprised if Luffy was the only one sent flying and everyone else is just back at the boat.
    Well along those lines, maybe Kuma sent them to different places where they will each learn skills that fit their particular fighting style and such.

I just hope Oda will elaborate more on the other crew members' adventures.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Thank god for One Piece, took out the nasty taste this week's Bleach Chapter left me with.

Right on the cover/first page on building balcony if you use zoom function (without it it hard to see) you see Blackbeard's crew overlooking next cp9's generation training

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

ANBU Captain
    @animus: havent you been getting that feeling since the second arc. should be used to it by now.

OP never ceases to amaze when it comes to tying up loose ends. Im wondering if "haki", "spirit" and mantra are all one and the same technique. The sea is large enough for it to seem like different names originate in certain areas. I mean there is a whole other form of currency aside from belli. They have extols and there is a transfer rate that puts extols like 100k to 1. So they're even worth more.(so off topic but ...) Hopefully his haki will be learned before he leaves/escapes this island.

the basic form of haki is shouting..
    another form of Haki is mantra.
    both are sound based. or rather, vibration, change of frequency.

Chopper's rumble ball, it disturbs the wavelength of the fruit and forces it into a different form...

in other word, I think there is a connection.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    I honestly never expected to see that mantra stuff again.
    Really? I called it. I even described haki as a "completed form" of mantra. I figured as much when Raleigh fought Kizaru -- he would have had to be predicting Kizaru's movements to avoid them, since Kizaru moves at the speed of light.

Anyway, I'm going to go out on a limb to suggest that only people with the Will of D can master Haoushoku Haki.

Also, based on that speculation, my guess is that the person closest to becoming Pirate King isn't Whitebeard, but Dragon. Luffy is as much of an anarchist and revolutionary as Dragon is, and he's still a "good guy". The World Government also sees Dragon as the biggest threat they face. I guess my point is that the government has shown that it will lie to protect itself, and will certainly lie about a pirate who refuses to sign a treaty and become a Shichibukai.

Finally, I still think Boa and Luffy are related by blood, possibly via Dragon's Haki sperm.